Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Ed Reed Available!

Any chance the Pats put a claim in on him before he could clear waivers?

Salary would be roughly $400K for rest of the season.

vCash
    Deep decline. Talks too much. Caused big problems in Baltimore last year, more trouble this year too.

No.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    For $400K... sure. If he can play deep safety at a decent level it allows us to move McCourty elsewhere (something that might be necessary with Gregory and Talib battling injuries).

I think he'd really help in a DEN matchup specifically. Spikes being so great against the run and them not having a great running game IMO might allow us to run a dime with 3 CBs and 3 Safeties on the field. Reed as the deep safety and Gregory playing his usual role. McCourty doing different things on every play to confuse Manning which is how you get to him - he could be man up on the TE or Moreno (both are dangerous in the passing game), playing back as a second deep safety, blitzing off the edge, or even in run support.

As for him causing problems, I think the grace period would last for the rest of this season. It's not a long term thing beyond this year and he's cheap. I say give it a chance.
    Last edited by hugepatsfan; 11-12-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Wouldn't he have to clear waivers?

vCash
    I didn't want him during free agency and you think I'd want him now?
    Get the **** outta here with that ****.

Reed should've retired with Ray Lewis...he's done for IMHO

PSD's Aaron Dropson

vCash
    BB has always spoken highly of him in the past. It's wouldn't shock me to see him put a claim in on him, especially with Gregory down with the thumb injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    BB has always spoken highly of him in the past. It's wouldn't shock me to see him put a claim in on him, especially with Gregory down with the thumb injury.
    But that's in the past. Houston is falling apart wouldn't such a great clubhouse guy help over there? Nope, cut his butt for the $ and getting a whiner off the roster.

Gregory is ~50/50 for being back in the next game.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Depth and a veteran presence is what ed reed can bring. Wherever he goes he won't be an every down player, but as I said before, BB has spoken highly of him in the past and obviously respects the guy.

Saying ed reed is gonna hurt our locker room is non sense. BB wouldn't allow it.

Ed reed will get picked up by a winning team, provide depth and a veteran presence. Whether that's here in NE or elsewhere it's going to happen. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    Depth and a veteran presence is what ed reed can bring. Wherever he goes he won't be an every down player, but as I said before, BB has spoken highly of him in the past and obviously respects the guy.
    BB respects Welker and Vrabel too, but a big part of the reason he got both of them out of town was for their big stupid, never ending yapping. Yap yap in the locker room. Welker yapped to the media. He was warned, he's gone, so is Vrabel - the king of the clubhouse lawyers/wise crackers, *** wipes.

The D is playing great even with injuries. What's another short term voice going to bring? Confusion? Discord? Hire him as a Coach for next year if you want him to have something to do with the team. We already have solid vets playing S, and both playing at a high level. So the Coaches we have now are what? Chopped liver?

Saying ed reed is gonna hurt our locker room is non sense. BB wouldn't allow it.
    BB has brought a number of guys onto the team that hurt the locker room in the past 5 years. He's rejected even more - so they never got offers.

Ed reed will get picked up by a winning team, provide depth and a veteran presence. Whether that's here in NE or elsewhere it's going to happen. Book it.
    He's nowhere near as great as he was. He got like 13 snaps in his last game. They seemed to think he wasn't worth having. We dodged the Ed Reed bullet in the off season and took the much smaller hit, so we try again? Cut potentially a good useful young player to add a guy that's done in terms of playing on the field. Doesn't make any sense to me, unless of course I listen to BB and ER talking about each other 3-4-5 years ago and imagine that nothing has changed.

vCash

Ed Reed Available!

They said on espn that it would cost a team 2million this year to claim him on waivers, unlikely anyone will claim him! I bet BB gives him a call when he becomes a free agent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    They said on espn that it would cost a team 2million this year to claim him on waivers, unlikely anyone will claim him! I bet BB gives him a call when he becomes a free agent.
    Yeah I heard that too.

vCash

Ed Reed Available!

At the 2 million waiver claim there is no way, but for the vet minimum after he clears waivers? I'd take a look anyways. Remember , he was brought to Houston to help a contending team compete for a SB. Well we all know how they aren't exactly a "contending" team now, and they have 2nd round pick Swearinger who they probably want to give playing time, to help Develop him for next year. He could still contribute to a team IMO.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    I heard 1.5.

I know it basically makes no difference, just saying what I heard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    But that's in the past. Houston is falling apart wouldn't such a great clubhouse guy help over there? Nope, cut his butt for the $ and getting a whiner off the roster.

Gregory is ~50/50 for being back in the next game.
    To be fair to Reed, he hasn't criticized coaches in the past, probably because his coaches have been halfway competent. That Texans staff are a bunch of idiots. We saw it last year when the Pats played them twice- they ran the same plays in the playoff game as what got them killed in the first game. That is dumb coaching- what didn't work the first time probably won't work the second time. I think Reed has a ton of respect for Belichick so I can't imagine him criticizing the coach here, especially when unlike the Texans staff, BB is actually competent.

Now as for his deep declining skills, thats another matter. He would only be worth 400k though and if he was that bad, I assume the Pats would cut him. Worth a look at least because of his experience. I think if he clears waivers, it may be easier to get him cause the Pats could bring him in for a workout and then decide.

PS- The bigger issue than his so called yapping is the fact that he seems to want to start. He did admit he's not the same player he was in the past but he seems to still think he's a starting caliber safety. That'd be a huge hurdle to climb obviously if he wanted to play here because he won't start here- no chance that happens.
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 11-13-2013 at 01:58 AM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Wasn't Chad Johnson's skills rapidly declining by the time New England signed him? Coach Belichick always liked watching #85 play and talking with him. Does the same with Reed only probably in higher regard. Wouldn't suprise me if they put a claim on him.

Maybe with the respect he has for Belichick and the fact the Pats are a Super Bowl contender would make a transition to not being a starter anymore easier with a chance at one more championship?

I don't care if he's on the team or not, I just want them to be as healthy as possible come playoff time.
    Last edited by Vincent33; 11-13-2013 at 06:09 AM. Reason: transition? is that right? looks weird

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast