Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Houston Texans Release S Ed Reed

I know he has struggled so far this year, but possibly reuniting with Rex Ryan might ignite the fire he showed as recently as last year. We could use some depth at the safety position and I think he is worth taking a shot on. Thoughts?

vCash
    Also, the Texans are a mess this year and that can affect a players performance. I can see Ed Reed turning things around. Especially, under Rex Ryan.

vCash
    Please... Please please

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    i rarely want veteran big name signings....but if a cheap, two year contract could be had...then PLEASE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steve4x4 View Post
    i rarely want veteran big name signings....but if a cheap, two year contract could be had...then PLEASE!
    I'm with you, I rarely like these situations, but if Reed can be had at a decent number, go get him Idzik!

Wide Load Beast Of The Green & White Northeast

vCash
    I was watching his last play with Houston as he launched his head at an Indy player, got flagged and taken out of the game. Then he lashes at this own team saying they were out-coached. This after the HC goes down with a stroke.
    Reed was taking his sweet time getting onto the field missing essentially all of TC and never offering a timetable for his return. I think the Texans got fed up with his crap.
    He is a prickly dude. Would he play for Rex? Would Rex take him? It's possible but I wonder if Idzik would sign off on him.

vCash
    I'd take a flyer on him for the vet min for the rest of the season. Nothing more though.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Pass... He would totally kill the development of Allen. Allen has had good games and bad... I would love to give him the rest of the season to see if he earns a starting job next season.

vCash
    Allen is a Strong Safety, Ed Reed is a Free Safety. How would he kill his development. If anything Reed would take some of Landry's snaps.

vCash
    Not sure I want to bring him into the locker room with what we have going. I see more potential for bad than good. Pass. I’d much rather take a chance on Nnamdi

vCash
    I think he's getting a bad rap as a locker room "cancer", when in reality he showed nothing, but being a leader in his years with the Ravens.

vCash
    Rex Ryan probably knows him as well as anyone and if he signs off on it then we should all be on board.

vCash
    Also, one of our weaknesses on defense has been pass protection up the middle, especially against opponent's TE's. I have a hard time imagining how Ed Reed couldn't help us there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Rex Ryan probably knows him as well as anyone and if he signs off on it then we should all be on board.
    If we end up signing him, fine. I trust Rex and Co… I just don’t think Ed Reed is anything more than a popular name with a sh*tty attitude

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Also, one of our weaknesses on defense has been pass protection up the middle, especially against opponent's TE's. I have a hard time imagining how Ed Reed couldn't help us there.
    That's what I'm thinking, no risk, potentially high reward signing...

I also agree I'd pass if it meant curtailing Allen's development in some way...

Wide Load Beast Of The Green & White Northeast

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast