Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Shaw Extended

vCash

Shaw Extended

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|CHI|home

The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have agreed to terms with forward Andrew Shaw on a two-year contract extension, through the end of the 2015-16 National Hockey League season.

“It’s great to come to this agreement with Andrew and keep another important member of our team here in Chicago” said Blackhawks Vice President and General Manager Stan Bowman. “Andrew has proven his ability to play a prominent role on our team and we look forward to watching him continue to grow as a player for the Blackhawks.”

Shaw, a member of the 2013 Stanley Cup Championship team, currently ranks sixth on the team with 11 points (4G, 7A) and paces the club with 51 hits through 18 games this season; he has six points (3G, 3A) in his last six contests. The Belleville, Ontario, native recorded nine points (5G, 4A) in 23 postseason appearances en route to the 2013 Stanley Cup title. Shaw notched 15 points (9G, 6A) in 48 games in his first full NHL season in 2012-13.

Originally drafted by Chicago in the fifth round (139th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, Shaw, 22, has recorded 49 points (25G, 24A) and posted a +11 plus/minus rating in 103 career regular-season games, while adding nine points (5G, 4A) in 26 playoff tilts. He has also registered 37 points (20G, 17A) in 66 games with the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs.

vCash
    Great move and I am happy for Shaw! He deserves to get paid!The Kid is a warrior and is exactly the type of guy you want on a third line.

He should only keep getting better as well.
    J-Load is back!

vCash
    Anyone see the terms? I'm thinking 2 years at 1.5 to 2 mil a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Anyone see the terms? I'm thinking 2 years at 1.5 to 2 mil a year.
    Bob McKenzie (via twitter) is saying $2mil cap hit. Pretty solid value for Shaw. Would have been nice to lock him up for 2 more years, but maybe just a bridge contract and hopefully he continues to improve and continues to be a Blackhawk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Bob McKenzie (via twitter) is saying $2mil cap hit. Pretty solid value for Shaw. Would have been nice to lock him up for 2 more years, but maybe just a bridge contract and hopefully he continues to improve and continues to be a Blackhawk.
    It's a fair deal. I like Shaw, but I wouldn't give him more than 2-3 years at a time. As much as like his game, I don't think he's irreplaceable. No need to lock him up for 5+ years at a high price.

vCash
    Like the move. Love Shaw. The man is a gamer, no doubt.

vCash
    I do like Shaw an awful lot (he's probably my favorite Hawk now, with Byfuglien long gone and Stalberg leaving this passed off-season).

I like his scrappiness and he is a gamer. But with Versteeg back in town, I have another guy I really enjoyed watching back on the roster. Today is a good day lol

BULLS PLAYOFF PUSH 2014!!