Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

6 54.55%
  • New Orleans Saints

5 45.45%
Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 11 Sunday Football: San Francisco 49ers (6-3) @ New Orleans Saints (7-2)

Code:
    San Francisco 49ers (6-3) @ JNew Orleans Saints (7-2) Location: Mercedes-Benz Superdome Time: 01:25 PM PT Sunday, November 17th TV: FOX
    QB Comparison
    QB Rating Yards TD INT 108.9 3064 25 7 Drew Brees 83.1 1675 9 6 Colin Kaepernick
    RB Comparison
    Yards Att. YPC TDs 364 96 3.8 1 Pierre Thomas 700 162 4.3 7 Frank Gore
    WR Comparison
    Yards Rec AVG TDs 805 54 14.9 10 Jimmy Graham 574 41 14.0 2 Anquan Boldin
    Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks INTs Curtis Lofton Cameron Jordan Keenan Lewis 71 6.0 3 Navorro Bowman Ahmad Brooks Tramaine Brock 76 6.5 4

vCash
    the LBs will have their hands full with Graham

If defense doesn't get pressure on Brees, the game will be over before it even starts.

vCash
    I called the Carolina game a "trap game" about a month ago. I guess it's still possible they were looking past them despite the fact that they shouldn't have.

On the off chance that wasn't the case, I'm curious to see how long Kap's leash is in tgis game. Harbaugh is talking about the possibility of bringing up a TE from the PS, but they'll have to use more multiple WR sets in the gameplan with the injuries. That being said...maybe they'll actually be forced into a pro style gameplan this week.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    I'm a lot less confident for this game this week then I was last week. Hopefully the O wakes up.

vCash
    I would hope the 49ers would win this game, but there's no way the worst passing team in football wins a shootout with Brees. Kaepernick isn't seasoned enough to eat clock and hold onto the ball to keep Brees off the field. Far too many 3 & outs, which just means the Saints will pile on.

The 2 TE's being out weakens the 49ers running offense which the Saints appear weak on defending. Vernon being out also eliminates a passing attack.

It's another blowout loss on the season. Their 3rd of the year.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    LMAO no chance in the world was a trap game (if such things existed).

vCash
    Kap is a great raw talent, and I keep forgetting that he is a second year player probably inserted into the starting job a bit too early for the team's own good (aka he is learning as he goes). My expectations are for him to focus on moving through his reads as he has the frustrating tendency to 'zone in' on his target and pretty much watch him and only him. This has several repercussions, most obviously it telegraphs his target, eliminates the threat of other targets and makes him vulnerable to sacks.

These are young QB mistakes. He is a young QB. His lack of apparent improvement in this area makes me skeptical that the 49ers are a true SB threat this year and that is tough to type. The team needs to ground and pound but also dive into the WCO vault and study what the 90's 49ers did. Steve Young was a master at footwork and reading defenses and his early career style of play is analogous to Kap's. If I were Kap i'd take advantage of the type of access he has to this material, and even reach out to Steve.

Oh and get a new OC in the offseason, a WCO guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I would hope the 49ers would win this game, but there's no way the worst passing team in football wins a shootout with Brees. Kaepernick isn't seasoned enough to eat clock and hold onto the ball to keep Brees off the field. Far too many 3 & outs, which just means the Saints will pile on.

The 2 TE's being out weakens the 49ers running offense which the Saints appear weak on defending. Vernon being out also eliminates a passing attack.

It's another blowout loss on the season. Their 3rd of the year.
    QB isn't the one responsible for a "chewing up the clock" stratagy, that's a running game and coaching thing. If that's what you expect to see then all we need is an efficient game from Kap, nothing else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I called the Carolina game a "trap game" about a month ago. I guess it's still possible they were looking past them despite the fact that they shouldn't have.

On the off chance that wasn't the case, I'm curious to see how long Kap's leash is in tgis game. Harbaugh is talking about the possibility of bringing up a TE from the PS, but they'll have to use more multiple WR sets in the gameplan with the injuries. That being said...maybe they'll actually be forced into a pro style gameplan this week.
    What's that?

vCash
    Any word on if Davis is out this week? In our 3 losses this year hes been hurt or hasn't played, not liking that trend.

vCash
    For being such a physical specimen he sure is banged up a lot (that's football though but it's frustrating).

vCash
    A month ago, Carolina could of easily been a trap game, but the fact they won 4 straight coming into SF kind of eliminates that idea. There is something to what Trent Dilfer's comments on Kaepernick on him being a "remedial" QB and one that struggles if his first read isn't there. You can credit that to the receiving corp or the O line not being able to give him enough time, but there is something to it and its something I've said since the Kaepernick became the starter. Now that Vernon Davis may miss a game, its not going to get any easier because teams will just load the box to stop Frank Gore and double team Boldin, which Carolina did to render this offense to pretty much nothing.

This offense can't beat good teams (aside from the first game against the Packers with 4 second string secondary players). Take that first game out of consideration, and they've lost to every playoff caliber team they've played thus far. They lost the Seahawks and then to Indy at home. Carolina comes into town as one of the hottest teams and the Niners' offense couldn't get it done. The Saints' defense isn't Seattle or Carolina, but neither is their high powered offense. To even stand a chance, the Niners will have to run the ball at least 30 times and try to keep Brees off the field. This front 7 is solid, but the secondary can be torched and if given a chance, Brees will do just that. I see the Saints winning this one pretty handily....42-24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    QB isn't the one responsible for a "chewing up the clock" stratagy, that's a running game and coaching thing. If that's what you expect to see then all we need is an efficient game from Kap, nothing else.
    True, but a lot of eating clock also involves shorter high % passes to maintain possession, keep the chains moving, and making positive plays. The one thing Kap refuses to do... checkdown, which SOMETIMES (not everytime like Alex) is a good play, a positive play.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Kyle Williams to be waived today.

vCash
    Marlon Moore and Kyle Williams our #2 and #3 WRs along with last years #1st rd pick no longer with the team.

Injuries played a big part but also just shows our ineptitude at scouting WR talent.

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast