Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Candidates for New GM

Anybody have any names in mind?

vCash
    Fire Ireland promote Brian Gaine? Seems teams were trying to get him from us last couple of seasons.

Thinking if we keep Philbin try to lure Andrew Brandt?

Not even sure where we'd start.
    Last edited by 2ndGenDolFan; 11-12-2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: I had Adam instead of Andrew

vCash
    Who the hell knows. I'll throw one name out there:

Marc Ross is in his first season as the Giants’ Vice President of Player Evaluation after serving the previous six years as the team’s Director of College Scouting. Ross is in charge of the Giants’ college scouting department and the team’s draft. He joined the organization on May 18, 2007 and ran his first organizational draft the next year.

Ross will also work on special projects with Director of Pro Personnel Ken Sternfeld.

Since Ross came aboard, the Giants have found important contributors both early and late in the draft, where they have selected Terrell Thomas, Hakeem Nicks, Will Beatty, Jason Pierre-Paul, Linval Joseph, Prince Amukamara, Jacquian Williams, David Wilson and Rueben Randle.

Ross came to the Giants from the Buffalo Bills, for whom he spent three seasons as a national college scout.

Ross’ first NFL job was as a public relations training camp intern with the Giants in 1995. After leaving camp, Ross worked in Columbia University’s athletics department.

Ross returned to the NFL with the Eagles’ personnel department during the club’s 1996 training camp. He was the team’s eastern regional scout from 1997 until 2000, when, at age 27, he became the NFL’s youngest college scouting director.

After seven years with the Eagles’ organization, Ross joined the Bills in the spring of 2004 as a national college scout.

Ross was an All-Ivy League wide receiver at Princeton in 1993 and 94. He holds five school records, including one as a receiver (a 20.2-yard average per catch in 1993) and four as a punt returner (most career returns, 74; most career return yards, 696; most returns in a season, 32 in 1994 and most yards in a game, 161 on six returns vs. Cornell in 1994).

Ross earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology from Princeton and a master’s degree in sport management from the University of Massachusetts in 1997.

A native of Sharon Hill, Penn., Ross and his wife, Pualani, have a daughter, Skylar, who was born in 2006.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Who the hell knows. I'll throw one name out there:
    any relation to our owner? If so... hes a lock.

I think ireland is 100% gone and that may even happen this week with this article coming out: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...h-other-issues

would love to try to make Ireland the scapegoat. I would kind of like to see Philbin stay and see the way him and Tannehill progress for a 3rd year. Remember, Ryan is a very young kid with limited experience, and stability is much needed. Coaches have to go through some struggles before they figure it out. Philbin is, in my opinion, a football genius and understands how to win and Tannehill has bought into his system... getting the rest of the organization on board is the next step.

I think there are 2 real problems now. The offense line, and Mike Sherman. When Mike Sherman was brought in we heard of this new, fast-paced, high intensity offense... but i feel like im watching the same old Dolphins, with a tiny bit more Shotgun. As for the OLine, this falls on Ireland. Solely and completely on him. John Jerry is just completely overmatched out there, as was Tyson Clabo. He had a chance to grab a sure-fire stud in Lane Johnson, and didn't do it. Dion Jordan may be a very nice player (i even have his jersey).. but hes not worth risking Tannehills career..

as for candidates... i dont care if hes the best or some 25 year old no name kid. I want someone with a vision, a purpose, a goal were trying to get towards.. someone who can be like-able, personable, run a football team and an organization... not act youre running a country or a dictatorship... If you wanna go spread go spread, if you wanna pound the rock bring in some g*d damn people who can pound the rock! But for soooooooo long weve been playing this in between game... and the craziest part is WE CAN STILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR!!
    Last edited by MiamiBoy77; 11-12-2013 at 02:37 AM.

vCash
    Nick Caserio, VP for the Patriots
    Russ Ball, Director of player persfor the Packers
    Eric DeCosta, VP for the Ravens
    Will Lewis, Director of player personelle for the Seahawks.

Any of them would be a great choice IMO.

My personal choice would be Eric DeCosta. Ross will likely ask around and interview the lot of them before deciding. I think he realizes he has to get this one right.

Who for HC?? Philbin won't be staying if we hire a new GM, no reason to.... any suggestions on a new Head Coach?

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I think keeping Philbin would be a mistake. It's the same mistake we made with keeping Ireland and Tony left. Philbin and Ireland kind of have 2 different football mindsets and it's not melding as well as it should. Both GM and the HC need to be in unison on how they see this football team coming together and the pieces that they both want/need. It seems to me that Ireland is finding pieces he likes and Philbin is working with what he is getting.

Find a new GM and then work with the new GM to interview new HC candidates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post
    I think keeping Philbin would be a mistake. It's the same mistake we made with keeping Ireland and Tony left. Philbin and Ireland kind of have 2 different football mindsets and it's not melding as well as it should. Both GM and the HC need to be in unison on how they see this football team coming together and the pieces that they both want/need. It seems to me that Ireland is finding pieces he likes and Philbin is working with what he is getting.

Find a new GM and then work with the new GM to interview new HC candidates.
    Fully agree - you have to fire everyone if you fire the GM. Can't keep one of them around - they have to be on the same page and Im a big believer in allowing your GM to hand pick their head coach. Only makes sense....

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I was a full blown Ireland supporter . . . until now. Although I liked the learning tree he came from (Parcells), he was just too bad at drafting. I do credit him for trading up for Dion Jordan though . . . that was a move not characteristic of him. He just made too many bone-headed moves to justify staying any longer . . . but this situation is the straw that breaks the camels back. I really don't know who I would want to come on as GM. I think we need someone who is keen on scouting and drafting . . . not signing FA's.
    But I'm not giving up on the season as we still have a chance at the playoffs, but Ireland does finally have to go and I think he should be fired now. It would be a positive move for the Dolphins in the media as well as the home front with the fans.
    As for Philbin . . . I can go either way. I like the guy as a football mind, I just don't like Sherman as the OC. Philbin is too mild mannered for me . . . but he brings a professional demeanor to the team. He doesn't curse, doesn't use vulgar language, he doesn't blow up at players . . . I wish that would translate to the locker room though.

If it wasn't for his belief in the 3-4 (which I hate), I would say give Rob Ryan a shot at HC if Philbin gets fired with Ireland. He's a motivator and he took one of the worst defenses last year and made them great this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Will Lewis, Director of player personelle for the Seahawks.Any of them would be a great choice IMO.

My personal choice would be Eric DeCosta. Ross will likely ask around and interview the lot of them before deciding. I think he realizes he has to get this one right.

Who for HC?? Philbin won't be staying if we hire a new GM, no reason to.... any suggestions on a new Head Coach?
    Off the top of my head, Seattle has been drafting very well.

vCash
    Seeing as Ross talked about the “council” he has put together to help decide how the Dolphins move forward with the Martin case. Do you think he will also have them help him find a new GM and coach? Because if so, that’s wonderful IMO. If Shula, Taylor, Marino, and Dungy can agree on someone to bring us to the super bowl, I back their decision 100%. Stephen Ross… Not so much.

2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

vCash
    Hey follow me here...

Joe Philbin for GM... Why? Because he has the perfect mentality and personality as a front office or administrator in a company. He is meticulous and organized in a way that does not translate to on field and player relationships.

Also What you guys named above...

As for head coaches, you need someone like Rex Ryan or Mike Tomlin some one with a fire and attitude, a players coach. Kevin Sumlin maybe Jay Gruden, but you need someone that can relate to players and treat them as human beings not cattle which is the way Ireland treats players and cuts them left and right, and Philbin doesn't have an emotional aspect to his brain, can't say things from the heart all on his little 3x5 cards

Sig by phins1983

Patience is a virtue

SF GIANTS WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!! 2010!!!!! & 2012!!!!!
    MATT CAIN Perfect game!!! 06/13/2012!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenDolFan View Post
    Fire Ireland promote Brian Gaine? Seems teams were trying to get him from us last couple of seasons.

Thinking if we keep Philbin try to lure Andrew Brandt?

Not even sure where we'd start.
    Is Andrew Brandt Gil Brandt's kid? If so I hope he knows as much about these college kids as his dad does.

vCash
    Here's a little bio on Andrew Brandt:

Andrew Brandt joined ESPN as an NFL business analyst in February 2011. An accomplished sports executive with more than 25 years of experience in professional football, Brandt provides insight on the league’s labor news and player acquisitions by teams on all ESPN studio shows and platforms such as SportsCenter, NFL Live, First Take, Outside the Lines, ESPNEWS, ESPN Radio and more. Brandt’s two and a half decades in professional football are split evenly between working in team management and player representation. He spent nine years (1999-2008) as vice president of the Green Bay Packers, where he negotiated all player contracts and managed the team’s NFL salary cap. Brandt’s skillful management earned him professional acclaim within the league. The highlights of his Packers tenure included the franchise hosting the NFC Championship Game in 2008 and negotiating contracts for most of the players who eventually lead Green Bay to victory in Super Bowl XLV.
    Early in his career, Brandt worked for ProServ, Inc., where he represented marquee athletes such as Michael Jordan, Boomer Esiason and Arthur Ashe. He left ProServ in 1990 to become the general manager of the NFL World League’s Barcelona Dragons, leading the team through its appearance in the inaugural World Bowl in 1991 at London’s Wembley Stadium. At the time, he was the youngest GM in professional sports.
    Following the World League, Brandt returned to player representation for Woolf Associates in Boston, representing NFL players including quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, Super Bowl champion kicker Adam Vinatieri and Heisman Trophy-winning running back Ricky Williams. He left Woolf to join the Packers in 1999.
    As far as relationship to Gil Brandt, I'm not too sure, yet.

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 1m
    Not that I know of. RT @anillm Hi Andrew, new follower here. Just curious if you are you related to Gil Brandt?
    Last edited by 2ndGenDolFan; 11-12-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: confirmation of relations for Andrew and Gil Brandt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Will Lewis, Director of player personelle for the Seahawks.

Any of them would be a great choice IMO.

Actually, the only one that may be an issue is the DeCosta one. A lot of teams have tried to lure him away from Baltimore but rumour is he's in line for Newsome's job and he's not leaving.

Caserio would be nice, it would give Belichick fits.

vCash
    Fire Ireland make Marino President of football operations (think Broncos with Elway), then let him evaluate and decide who stays and who gets the pink slips. He may even be able to lure some talent into our front office and coaching staff. And for Christs sake let Incognito play! You don't see good teams suspending players over ********, they make the league do it. Did Harbaugh suspend Aldon Smith for multiple dui's and shooting some dude at his house? Did Elway/Fox suspend Miller for failed drug tests/dui's/driving without a license no they made the damn league do it. I understand suspending Incognito when the voicemail first came out, but now that the locker room is solidly behind him and there is more context it just seems like a week *** move.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast