Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rashad Jennings

vCash

Rashad Jennings

Why hasn't Jennings been named our starting runningback? Every time I turn around Mcfadden has a new injury or the blocking scheme is not right or some other lame excuse. We signed Tyrone Wheatley some years back after his tenure with the Giants. He came to us and had his first 1000 yard season followed by a second 900 plus yard season. This guy is the best powerback we've had in years. He carries those defender like Larry Csonka did in the 1970s. He literally punishes them!

vCash
    I have no clue part of the reason I'm losing faith after being in such support of the coaching staff. Jennings is the better rb and it's not even close.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Mcfadden is averaging 3.6 yards a carry and Jennings is at 4.6 yards. That's a full yard!

vCash
    I think the fact that Jennings has been more productive with the same OC and essentially the same OL gives the McFadden detractors some current ammunition. This thread was actually delayed more than I anticipated!

vCash
    McFadden has been outperformed by his teammates for years now. I've never understood the fascination.

-Stork

vCash
    He's the best back we've had in a while. I don't think DMC has it anymore. It's a real shame. I guess he's lost his desire. I wish we had 5 more of Jennings.

vCash
    Jennings had three 1000 yard seasons in college. He played in the Div. I Big South Conference and broke some records. It's not like he was in Div. II like some people claim that he faced inferior competition. We did well with Tyrone Wheatley when we signed him and there is no reason why we should not bring back Jennings in 2014. This guy can literally tire out a defense with his hard running. Here's an excellent scouting report:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...orical/1251717

vCash
    Jennings and Murray can get it done. Especially with the addition of Alex Mack. Him and hardy have to be the guys we go hard after other than our own guys.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Jennings and Murray can get it done. Especially with the addition of Alex Mack. Him and hardy have to be the guys we go hard after other than our own guys.
    Agreed! I think Latavius Murray has a bright future. Jennings will be 29 years old in March but we could still give him a two year contract until Murray is ready to take over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Agreed! I think Latavius Murray has a bright future. Jennings will be 29 years old in March but we could still give him a two year contract until Murray is ready to take over.
    Jennings also doesn't have a lot of miles so he wouldn't really apply to the "30 year old decline" for rbs

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork:27389666
    McFadden has been outperformed by his teammates for years now. I've never understood the fascination.

-Stork
    I have thrown in the towel on Dmac finally..... sigh!

vCash
    McFadden is a one trick pony. I hate the fact that is true (I hate it when any Raider just isn't that good...especially high picks). Without a gaping hole for him to get to the secondary, he is useless. He doesn't seem to have the hands like I thought he did, either.

Jennings should be the clear starter for the rest of the season (we'll see if McFadden even returns this season...).

Quote Originally Posted by JMClarkent View Post
    That looked like someones over-aggressive uncle playing football with a bunch of 9 year old boys...

vCash
    jennings like

vCash
    Thats what we need for next year. Cheap and reliable RB that can get us work on other areas. Lots of QBs next year.

vCash
    Think about this.

With 2 starts Jennings has 71 carries for 330 yards and 21 receptions for 190 yards.

With 7 starts McFadden has 98 carries for 352 yards and 13 receptions for 85 yards.

Now you tell me who should be the starter from here on out?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast