Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Where do we go from here?

What does this team need to do to get better... I still think we will make the playoffs... that says a lot about how bad the division is though... lets not make excuses this team just isnt that good

I dont like to use injuries as an excuse.. there are teams that have injuries and have the players to hold it down until healthy again... we have players go down and we just fall apart completely.

Is it the coaching? The offense and the defense are a flat out joke.. Is it the players because they arent gettin it done on defense or offense.. I think it is both because not only is the coaching bad but we simply dont have good players and it shows.. It def starts with JJ for hiring yes men and piss poor drafting.

Going 8-8 every yr gives JJ false hope and he thinks by making a tweak we can make the playoffs and get hot and make the super bowl.. This team has no chance.. I hope we dont make it so JJ hopefully realizes how much this team sucks.. Im tired of using coaches as a scapegoat.. we could use much better coaching but if we dont have the players what does it matter

What do you think has to be done to change this team im tired of this crap. We know JJ isnt going anywhere so what needs to be done? I am out of answers besides getting a new GM.. It looks like were just gonna have to deal with this every yr... thats all i can think of...

vCash
    I think we need to tank for a few years..salary cap next year will be a major problem anyway...Cowboys keep getting medium players, because they keep finishing medium..either be really good or really bad (getting better, younger players in the draft)....we need to draft about 3 Really Good DL's.
    - Yeah....I might need to change this soon.

vCash
    If I was jerry, id fire everyone besides marinelli and get gruden in here...I guarantee you, gruden could utilize the talent on offense. ..id also ask romo if he is truly committed to winning, because half the time he dnt look like hes into the game...these jerk players quit last night...totally unacceptable. ..we need a headcoach whos gonna hold players accountable. ..garrett is full of excuses and so is romo..im sick of it.. neither one can handle the pressure of wearing that star....I love the Cowboys but I hate the way this team always falls short...they just dnt have IT...same story every year with these guys..im done going to games after this year..300$ on a cowboys chiefs ticket and 800 for a greenbay dallas ticket...im done with that ****...anybody wanna buy my ticket? I have 800 in it id let it go for 5...im goin to th3 bucks mavs game the night before the gb dallas game..im more excited for that...these core players are losers...thats the only way to describe them...all they do is lose...garrett is 4 and 20 vs winning teams in his tenure...fricking pathetic... sometimes I wish I didn't love the Cowboys so much...but thatll nvr change...but I dnt agree with anything they are doing..not one...theyve made no adjustments. .the coaching on this team is as bad as ive ever seen...sry for the rant

vCash
    When will people realize that the team Jerry Jones puts on the field is mediocre?

He's the one with the final say on who earns a check from the Cowboys organization. His personnel decisions from top to bottom are the problem.

This team will always be mediocre while he's running the ship. It doesn't matter what we do if he is the one making the decisions.

The only thing i hope for is that the fans of this organization begin to revolt and stop spending money by attending games, buying merchandise, and giving him ratings by tuning in. The only way to fix this organization is when the wallet of Jerry Jones begins to take a hit.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Don I agree but I think fans are too delusional to believe that.. they just say O i rep my team til i die or say we got 5 super bowls, or we are still americas team and get sold by what jerry jones puts out every yr.. i am done I will never attend another cowboys game or purchase another jersey again..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    I think we need to tank for a few years..salary cap next year will be a major problem anyway...Cowboys keep getting medium players, because they keep finishing medium..either be really good or really bad (getting better, younger players in the draft)....we need to draft about 3 Really Good DL's.
    I agree id rather go 2-14 every yr and get better players like the chiefs did than to go 8-8 and have false hope that we might improve with the same team with a couple editions to the team but again its the decisions of jerry jones of why we dont get good players even goin 8-8

vCash
    I agree don and Im taking the step of not going to anymore cowboys starting next year. Im sure im not the only one who travels to games every year who is fed up. Im sick of these players disrespecting that star.

vCash

If we were to fire Garrett, I'd rather have David Shaw (Stanford) as our coach.

Here's my solution:

We have NY and Oakland which are both winnable games. Think about this, if we played GB and Philly played NO it would have been us winning in a blowout and Philly getting blown out. Missing Hatcher and Lee really affected the middle of the field.

Win both games and we head into Dec 9 matchup with Lee back. We get Mo, Hatcher, Wilcox and a rested Ware back for NY and Oak game. I would even look at Seymour at this point in hopes that he throws the $ aside and market himself for next season. Not playing a down this season will automatically decrease his value next season. I say it's a win win.

Despite last nights performance, I still believe in these players and getting back the players I mentioned above will really help us out.

vCash
    I would not be surprised if we see a much better team after the bye. I think these guys are banged up and tired and after the bye they should be healthier and the guys off the street will have a chance to learn the defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astros1981 View Post
    If we were to fire Garrett, I'd rather have David Shaw (Stanford) as our coach.

Here's my solution:

We have NY and Oakland which are both winnable games. Think about this, if we played GB and Philly played NO it would have been us winning in a blowout and Philly getting blown out. Missing Hatcher and Lee really affected the middle of the field.

Win both games and we head into Dec 9 matchup with Lee back. We get Mo, Hatcher, Wilcox and a rested Ware back for NY and Oak game. I would even look at Seymour at this point in hopes that he throws the $ aside and market himself for next season. Not playing a down this season will automatically decrease his value next season. I say it's a win win.

Despite last nights performance, I still believe in these players and getting back the players I mentioned above will really help us out.
    I love your optimism and i can see that happening.. but this team isnt that good.. I dont want to just go to the playoffs and be one and done, i know u have to be in it to win it but were not good enough healthy or not.. I think goin to playoffs will only hurt us with a bad draft postion and it wil convince jerry that we are only 1 or 2 pieces away from a Super Bowl and its been that way for the longest time now.

vCash

The two teams we're facing next aren't that good either. Our December 9 matchup vs Cjicago may look like a preseason game with no names on both defenses. Chicago just IR'd Tillman. Briggs is still out as well. We can match up well with Chicago.

If we make the playoffs, a one and done is possible. The thing is you never know. Look at the Rodgers injury and what an impact it has had.

I know after last night's game it is hard to imagine anything positive; for good reason...,, but it was a game that got away from us. Just imagine even at full strength it would have been close. Instead we had 75% of the Dline injured along with Heath, Perrilin, and Webb on the secondary. Losing Lee on top if that just made it virtually impossible to stop Brees in his house. I know the boys will respond and NY needs to look out.

vCash
    We could very well be sitting at 8-5 getting ready to play the Packers even if we do not play all that well against the Giants ,Raider or Bears. We all know the offense when lead (OC or Romo?) and played properly is explosive. I still think one of these days this team is going to say enough and play the way we expect them to play. I know it may not be this century but it will happen.

vCash

I think that may start in NY. I can see a ferocious start on the passing attack on offense and NY fails to respond with their depleted Oline. Romo to Bryant will be the first score of the game.

We could sit at 8-5 vs GB and who knows by then they may be out of contention for the playoffs. Their Thanksgiving matchup vs Detroit may be one to look out for.

vCash
    Haven't been on PSD for awhile, at least I know their still a .500 team.

1. They need a new owner/GM. Too bad that's not going to happen.

With that being said, here's what I'll do.

1. Release Jeff Heath. Fire M. Kiffin.

2. If they don't go to the playoffs, or win at least one playoff game, fire Jason Garrett. Three coaches intrigue me: David Shaw (Stanford HC) Kevin Sumlin (Texas A&M HC) and Jon Gruden.

3. I want new faces. Romo, Ware, Witten, Austin, Spencer, their all very talented and been the face of the franchise for these last 7-10 years, but I want some fresh faces. They never reach the high-expectations, and always fall short. I'm not trying to start another Romo debate, but I feel like I been seeing the same written story this past decade. Since Romo got a contract extension he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Ware not sure how much years he has left on his contract, maybe two-three years. But he's been getting injured a lot. I love me some Witten, he's not going anywhere, Austin get the hell out of here. Don't re-sign Spencer, and save some cap space. In this case, it looks like Romo, Ware, and Witten are going to return.

4. What position they need to improve? (In no particular order)

RB: D. Murray is capable of being a starter, but always get hurt (Although I could say the same for the entire team).

RG: Pretty straightforward they need a young RG that can go pair up with T. Smith and T. Frederick. R. Leary is solid at the LG spot.

RT: Doug Free been decent, but I still want fresh blood.

DE: Ware been dealing with bunch of injuries, need to start grooming DE's. This is likely Spencer last year with the team. That'll leave Ware, Selvie, and T. Crawford (coming off torn Achilles injury) as the only DE's. K. Wilber is just a rotation player.

DT: J. Hatcher is a monster, but he's in his final year of his contract. So there's no guarantee he'll return, since they probably can't afford him, thanks Jerry. Nick Hayden is a good run defender, but they could use a upgrade. Did I forget to mention, they have no depth?

LB: B. Carter been a disappointment; however, I believe he'll improve. S. Lee is a beast, but shockingly he's hurt again. They need to add more depth. J. Durant and E. Sims should be back-ups, so they need a starting SLB.

S: Still need a ball-hawk.

Basically need help every position. They need new faces and depth.
    Last edited by Romo2TheOscars; 11-11-2013 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    As for rest of the season. Fire M. Kiffin, make R. Marinelli the defensive coordinator. Whoever brought up R. Seymour, no. At this point, there's a reason why no team contacted him. And I find it comical that people think the solution of fixing this defense, is getting guys healthy. Last time I checked, they were still terrible when everyone was healthy. It's the combination of M. Kiffin/personal.

This team has no identity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast