Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013-2014 Raptors Trade Thread - Vol.2

There was a lot of Rudy Gay talk in the other thread and some talk about the Bobcats. I decided to expand on that with probably a less likely scenario:

Bobcats get:
    Rudy Gay

Raptors get:
    Haywood
    Anthony Bennett
    Earl Clark

Cavs get:
    Ben Gordon
    Jeffery Taylor
    Bobcats 2nd round pick

Why:

- Bobcats seem to be trying to contend and Rudy helps them get closer to that point while giving them financial flexibility (Gay could opt-out)

- Raptors get Anthony Bennett. It is that simple.

- The Cavs is the really iffy one. Do they still believe in Bennett? They probably are not ready to give up on him but if they were.... we take contracts off their hands (so that they can try to get Lebron) and they get a solid contributer in Taylor at the SF position this season.

Should we add more to the deal?

vCash
    I wouldn't touch Bennett.

vCash
    I'd go after Bennett in a heartbeat, if all we had to give up was Rudy

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    I'd go after Bennett in a heartbeat, if all we had to give up was Rudy
    I just don't think the Cavs are getting enough in the trade. I was also thinking that the Wizards could be a good landing spot for Rudy. They have been struggling (especially late in games) after spending a lot of cash. Maybe get Ariza, Vesely, Webster and send back Gay and Daye.

vCash
    -Dolan was/is upset with Shumpert and he may be on the way out. Either he or Hardaway will be shopped for PG or front court help.

Knicks need rebounding.

(Lowry + Hansborough) for (Shumpert & Felton) or (Hardaway & Felton)

reading the Knicks forum they are not happy with felton & the fact his contract runs to 2015.

Lowry is the better talent & expiring, Hansborough gives them the rebounding toughness they are lacking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    -Dolan was/is upset with Shumpert and he may be on the way out. Either he or Hardaway will be shopped for PG or front court help.

Knicks need rebounding.

reading the Knicks forum they are not happy with felton & the fact his contract runs to 2015.

Lowry is the better talent & expiring, Hansborough gives them the rebounding toughness they are lacking.
    And raptors get what? Shumpert is alright but I don't think he will ever be anything special and we already have DeMar, Ross and fields who can play the SG position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    And raptors get what? Shumpert is alright but I don't think he will ever be anything special and we already have DeMar, Ross and fields who can play the SG position.
    Shumpert can play D & hit the open 3, IMO a better fit among the starters than DeRozan

They pull this trade off, Raptors could then shop Derozan/Ross or both for additional picks or combine them to move up a couple slots or both.

Lowry is expiring/needs to be resigned, Felton has 3 years left at 3mil which would be a decent stop gap/backup option to a future replacement..

Jonas
    Amir
    Gay
    Shumpert/(Ross?)
    Harrison/Felton

vCash
    Shumpert can play D & hit the open 3, IMO a better fit among the starters than DeRozan
    Isn't that we are hoping Ross develops into? Shumpert might end stunting Ross's development. I don't think it is worth too good assets. I think we can get more for those two players.

vCash

Knicks need rebounding.

Your in a hurry to trade Hansbrough aren't you?

He probably has the best contract on our team for the value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I;d do Demar and Amir for Shumpert & Felton, trade Lowry to somobne else. srry weird keyboard hard to type.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    I;d do Demar and Amir for Shumpert & Felton, trade Lowry to somobne else. srry weird keyboard hard to type.
    wow. Forget that the money doesn't add up... you have that high an opinion of Shumpert and Felton or do you just have a really low opinion of Demar and Amir?

vCash
    Felton is pretty bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post

Amir is easily worth Felton and Shumpert alone. Both those guys are worse than both Amir and Demar individually.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash

Knicks need rebounding.

This is pretty jokes, I was thinking about the Raptors today and how a Derozan for a Bradley, Shumpert or even Butler based deal would benefit us going forward. Then come on and see you post this.

Sign me the hell up.
    Except I wouldn't help them and take Feltons contract of their hands, unless they give us a pick which they can't give up for a while now.

I'd do Lowry for Shumpert without hesitation, since Lowry is expiring and we don't plan on extending him.

Shumperts defense is the real deal he can guard anywhere from the 1-3 really well.

If we get someone like Exum or even Wiggens, then a guy like Shumpert is a way better fit than a Derozan.

Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post

Amir is easily worth Felton and Shumpert alone. Both those guys are worse than both Amir and Demar individually.
    The Amir Johnson love and overrating on this forum is getting out of hand and starting to get hilarious.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I'm looking at GSW roster and they're locked into the team they have now at the cap for the next 3 years. They also gave up their 1st rounder in 2014 and every second rounder they have until 2017.

I propose a trade.

Rudy Gay + Hansbrough & 2016 1st round pick from New York

For

David Lee & Harrison Barnes.

They shave another year off of David Lee's contract and get a huge expiring in Gay in 2015 that they can flip at the deadline or let him expire to bring them under the cap.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast