Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MM's quotes

vCash

MM's quotes

"We have a reoccurring issue that I have to get fixed and well get on that tomorrow. Im not going to get into that right now."
    "Its about anything in life, you get what you tolerate or you get what you emphasize."

Via Jason Wilde's twitter. What do you think he's referring to?

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    I saw this earlier and I have no clue what he's talking about. Could literally be anything. Hopefully he's talking about the recurring issue of our defense being dog **** and by "getting on it" he means Dom is out.

vCash
    I think he's talking about the defense being utterly inept. Sounds like capers either fixes it or he's gone. I like that mm took ownership by acknowledging that he's tolerated it thus far.

vCash
    I have no clue what he's talking about. Probably the defense like you guys said. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but literally mccarthy has been my favorite packer coach since I've been a packer fan.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

vCash
    Hopefully it's the defense, and hopefully something actually changes.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Probably talking about why we have a bunch of women playing on our team and always getting hurt......

But for real, its probably our sorry excuse of a defense. I swear our special teams unit is on the field when the other teams offense is out there.

It will be interesting to see if MM is actually going to man up for once and get things straightened out. He knows that the Packers have to win at least a game while Rodgers is gone to even stand a chance at the playoffs.

There you go thumper

vCash
    Maybe the recurring issue is Crosby? He's been good up until today, but **** man he picked a bad time to be awful.

Maybe McCarthy is going to fire himself for the bozo 3rd and 1 play calling that has been a recurring issue for the past I don't know how long.

Just throwing those out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    Maybe the recurring issue is Crosby? He's been good up until today, but **** man he picked a bad time to be awful.

Maybe McCarthy is going to fire himself for the bozo 3rd and 1 play calling that has been a recurring issue for the past I don't know how long.

Just throwing those out there.
    I'm not really sure what MM was supposed to do on third and short with that OL. Short passes were almost a better option considering how badly the OL was being destroyed after the injuries. It was pathetic. Lacy averaged less than 2 YPC the 2nd half of the game and running into a heavy 8-9 man box on third and short was most likely not going to work, sadly.

It's funny because awhile back people were bashing MM for a couple of his 3rd and short play calls then a couple days later Rodgers said he made those calls at the line. Actually Rodgers is CONSTANTLY changing plays at the line now based on what he sees. How can we bash MM for play calling when there is a good chance Rodgers called/changed the play?

Go figure today without Rodgers the play calling was really good and was a big reason the offense was somewhat successful. MM proved he could adapt well to injuries at such a key position and keep a VERY inexperienced QB in a good comfortable flow throughout the game while calling more difficult plays for him. After so long though MM was about out of options without a successful running game or a halfway decent running game. He basically was stuck relying on 2-3 yard gains at best and a young inexperienced QB.. Stuck between a rock and a hard place seems to work in this situation.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 11-11-2013 at 04:27 AM.

vCash
    It has to be the defense (specifically the secondary). They aren't competing. Technique is horrible, ball skills are bad, and they can't (or don't want to) tackle.

I can't see the quotes being about Crosby. If his leash is that short, I'd be surprised. Crosby has been solid all year. One game shouldn't put him in the dog house, especially since it hasn't been a recurring theme this year. Its not like Crosby missed a game winning FG... we lost by 14.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    I'm not really sure what MM was supposed to do on third and short with that OL. Short passes were almost a better option considering how badly the OL was being destroyed after the injuries. It was pathetic. Lacy averaged less than 2 YPC the 2nd half of the game and running into a heavy 8-9 man box on third and short was most likely not going to work, sadly.

It's funny because awhile back people were bashing MM for a couple of his 3rd and short play calls then a couple days later Rodgers said he made those calls at the line. Actually Rodgers is CONSTANTLY changing plays at the line now based on what he sees. How can we bash MM for play calling when there is a good chance Rodgers called/changed the play?

Go figure today without Rodgers the play calling was really good and was a big reason the offense was somewhat successful. MM proved he could adapt well to injuries at such a key position and keep a VERY inexperienced QB in a good comfortable flow throughout the game while calling more difficult plays for him. After so long though MM was about out of options without a successful running game or a halfway decent running game. He basically was stuck relying on 2-3 yard gains at best and a young inexperienced QB.. Stuck between a rock and a hard place seems to work in this situation.
    We did the same throw on 3rd and 1 and 2 ******** as the past. WTF are you talking about. This time we did it with a QB who didn't even know the plays. Genius.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    We did the same throw on 3rd and 1 and 2 ******** as the past. WTF are you talking about. This time we did it with a QB who didn't even know the plays. Genius.
    Look at the success Lacy was having running behind a OL destroyed by injuries. Now picture what he does when the Eagles line up in their goalline/heavy package. Lacy was met in the backfield on nearly every run in the 2nd half after the injuries. What do you want MM to do? I honestly called for a pass at least twice on third and short because the run game was so ****ing bad yesterday. Less than 2 ypc in the 2nd half when they needed to run the ball isn't cutting it and would of only been worse when they expect a run up the gut.

vCash
    Look at the success Lacy was having running behind a OL destroyed by injuries. Now picture what he does when the Eagles line up in their goalline/heavy package. Lacy was met in the backfield on nearly every run in the 2nd half after the injuries. What do you want MM to do? I honestly called for a pass at least twice on third and short because the run game was so ****ing bad yesterday. Less than 2 ypc in the 2nd half when they needed to run the ball isn't cutting it and would of only been worse when they expect a run up the gut.
    We weren't getting huge chunks of yards but when we ran Lacy short, he was finding ways to get the first.

What do I want him to do? run the ball on 3rd and 1 with your third string QB. Not every time, but all he wants to do is throw.

vCash
    Wait, are you denying that Rodgers doesn't change the plays at the line. Go look back at the comments about a month ago from Rodgers or MM. One of them admitted Rodgers changed the plays multiple times in those short situations. It was after the game when every1 on PSD was complaining about how bad MM was on third and short then the next day Rodgers/MM came out and said MM wasn't the 1 that called those plays. He may of called those plays yesterday but when Rodgers is in there we have no clue who called that play. Yesterday I don't think MM had many choices either way. I would of complained if MM did a ****ing toss or ran up the gut to Lacy with how bad the running game was. The guy just can't win when he doesn't have players executing his plays. He has a third string QB and a OL that was completely injured and players playing out of position getting pushed back every run play. Explain what you would of liked to see.

vCash
    Wait, are you denying that Rodgers doesn't change the plays at the line. Go look back at the comments about a month ago from Rodgers or MM. One of them admitted Rodgers changed the plays multiple times in those short situations. It was after the game when every1 on PSD was complaining about how bad MM was on third and short then the next day Rodgers/MM came out and said MM wasn't the 1 that called those plays. He may of called those plays yesterday but when Rodgers is in there we have no clue who called that play. Yesterday I don't think MM had many choices either way. I would of complained if MM did a ****ing toss or ran up the gut to Lacy with how bad the running game was. The guy just can't win when he doesn't have players executing his plays. He has a third string QB and a OL that was completely injured and players playing out of position getting pushed back every run play. Explain what you would of liked to see.
    No, I'm not. I stopped reading after that.

I'm saying with a 3rd string QB and a bruising RB, you shouldn't throw every 3rd and 1. nothing else. You seem to think that's preposterous

vCash
    No, I'm not. I stopped reading after that.

I'm saying with a 3rd string QB and a bruising RB, you shouldn't throw every 3rd and 1. nothing else. You seem to think that's preposterous
    I just think GB had a better chance in the 2nd half of passing on third and short than running it. Eddie Lacy had what, 15 yards in the 2nd half and it wasn't for a lack of trying. I don't like seeing a bunch of passes on third and short but IDK what Lacy could of done in those situations with that OL. Lacy is good but when his OL are being pushed into him by the time he has the ball he will be stopped. Any RB will be. I also like the idea of trying to get Tolzien's confidence going with a big pass like that.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast