Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NYG Coaches Thread (Tom Quinn Will Return)

Head Coach- Tom Coughlin

Offense:
    Offensive Coordinator- Kevin Gilbride
    Quarterback Coach- Sean Ryan
    Running Backs Coach- Jerald Ingram
    Wide Receivers Coach- Kevin M. Gilbride
    Tight Ends Coach- Mike Pope
    Offensive Line Coach- Pat Flaherty
    Asst. Offensive Line Coach- Lunda Wells
    Offensive Assistant Coach- Ryan Roeder

Defense:
    Defensive Coordinator- Perry Fewell
    Linebackers Coach- Jim Herrmann
    Defensive Line Coach- Robert Nunn
    Defensive Backs (Safeties)- David Merritt
    Defensive Backs (Corners)- Peter Giunta
    Defensive Asst. Coach- Rob Leonard

Special Teams:
    Speacial Teams Coordinator- Tom Quinn
    Asst. Speacial Teams Coordinator- Larry Izzo

I am making this thread for us to discuss our thoughts in the coaching staff. Their are strength and conditioning coaches as well, but should they also be mentioned?
    Last edited by uwish1127; 11-10-2013 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    I just want to say that beyond Kevin Gilbride, and pretty much the rest of our offensive coaching staff beside Mike Pope, and Jerarld Ingram they all should be tossed. But the better point is why is Tom Quinn still employed?

vCash

NYG Coaches Thread

TC will never fire Gilbride so he needs to be hired away. The fact that teams like the Bills and Raiders have interviewed him over recent years and not hired him does not bode well.

vCash

NYG Coaches Thread

And yes Couglins dedication to Quinn over the years might be more frustrating than his dedication to veteran players past their prime.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    TC will never fire Gilbrideso he needs to be hired away. The fact that teams like the Bills and Raiders have interviewed him over recent years and not hired him does not bode well.
    But Reese can....If TC comes back(his choice)and we miss the playoffs...TC staff should be let go, one by one...then he will be on the hot seat.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    But Reese can....If TC comes back(his choice)and we miss the playoffs...TC staff should be let go, one by one...then he will be on the hot seat.
    Wouldn't be very Reese-like. I think they like some of the success Gilbride has had in the past and like that their QB has been in the same system for his career, since drastic changes create a very tough learning phase (see Alex Smith).

The only way I see a Gilbride or Fewell firing is with some kind of epic failure through the 2nd half of the year that can specifically be thrown at the scheming.

I really think the constant 3rd down and red zone failures, as well as WR miscommunications, can be put on Gilbride's scheming, lack of adjustment (especially mid-Game) and inability to fix this offensive group. It SHOULD be enough to put the blame on him at the end of the year. But there's going to be the crutch of a poor oline and RB injury issues that buys him another year if they somehow show production through the end of this year.

I think having a solid run attack with Brown just might change things. They ran the hell out of him against OAK and will have Jacobs back soon to join him. If Packers still have QB issues and can't put up points, we'll likely continue the same approach of running it down their throats (if it works).

What that does is create a run first trend for the last few games that Dallas will scout and scheme for and then for the DAL game the playaction and deep stuff will be there again. Of course if Lee and Ware are out or playing injured, I'd expect us to run it right at them.

That's my naive opinion anyway. We'll see.

vCash
    Since posting this thread we've seen much better coaching, mainly from Fewell. I will credit Gilbride, but not much. He still makes his very very dumb play calls, and is using Andre Brown way too much.

Tom Quinn is getting a break because of the strong play of D'amontre Moore, but special teams is still a huge problem..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    Since posting this thread we've seen much better coaching, mainly from Fewell. I will credit Gilbride, but not much. He still makes his very very dumb play calls, and is using Andre Brown way too much.

Tom Quinn is getting a break because of the strong play of D'amontre Moore, but special teams is still a huge problem..
    Fewell's D has been solid all year really (it was the constant failures on offense that kept the D on the field and wore them out in the 2nd half of games). But I think I already said this: I think our D performs well IN SPITE OF Fewell's scheme, not because of it. There are creative, smart and aggressive D schemes and there are very generic schemes. I feel like Fewell falls somewhere in the middle. Good enough to be productive, but not good enough to get the full potential out of the talent he has.

And it's really time to let DaMonster loose on D. The more rest JPP gets the better.

Gilbride gets no credit. This offense, even on a 4 game win streak, is a mess. The only thing he's done is given up on the deep plays and had Eli manage a much more conservative offense while leaning on the run game. Basically he's done damage control and nothing more.

When you look at the talent at the skills positions, there's just no reason that this pass game shouldn't be lighting it up. The interior oline sucks, but they should still be able to find room to work.

This is the first time in YEARS that the offense hasn't been in the top 10 in production and that has to fall on Gilbride.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Wouldn't be very Reese-like. I think they like some of the success Gilbride has had in the past and like that their QB has been in the same system for his career, since drastic changes create a very tough learning phase (see Alex Smith).

The only way I see a Gilbride or Fewell firing is with some kind of epic failure through the 2nd half of the year that can specifically be thrown at the scheming.

I really think the constant 3rd down and red zone failures, as well as WR miscommunications, can be put on Gilbride's scheming, lack of adjustment (especially mid-Game) and inability to fix this offensive group. It SHOULD be enough to put the blame on him at the end of the year. But there's going to be the crutch of a poor oline and RB injury issues that buys him another year if they somehow show production through the end of this year.

I think having a solid run attack with Brown just might change things. They ran the hell out of him against OAK and will have Jacobs back soon to join him. If Packers still have QB issues and can't put up points, we'll likely continue the same approach of running it down their throats (if it works).

What that does is create a run first trend for the last few games that Dallas will scout and scheme for and then for the DAL game the playaction and deep stuff will be there again. Of course if Lee and Ware are out or playing injured, I'd expect us to run it right at them.

That's my naive opinion anyway. We'll see.
    I sometimes wonder...

Just how close have these guys been to getting fired?

It seems that everytime they are on the hot seat and on the verge of getting fired, all of a sudden this team gets hot and goes on a run.

For instance, I could have sworn Perry Fewel's days were numbered and then bam!... Our defense gets hot and we win the SB.

Same can be said for guys like Coughlin and Gilbride and even Quinn.

So, is it simply loyalty from the front office or is it that these guys just always seem to save their jobs at the last possible moment?
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 11-20-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I sometimes wonder...

Just how close have these guys been to getting fired?

It seems that everytime they are on the hot seat and on the verge of getting fired, all of a sudden this team gets hot and goes on a run.

For instance, I could have sworn Perry Fewel's days were numbered and then bam!... Our defense gets hot and we win the SB.

Same can be said for guys like Coughlin and Gilbride and even Quinn.

So, is it simply loyalty from the front office or is it that these guys just always seem to save their jobs at the last possible moment?
    Front office is 100% committed to Coughlin and rightfully so. The issue is that Coughlin is 100% committed to his guys as well.

Quinn needs to be fired.

vCash
    I just realized that Gilbride's son is the WR coach.

We need to get rid of these damn Gilbrides lol.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post

Fewell has been much better with his scheme...I hope it continues so somebody offer him a HC job.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I just realized that Gilbride's son is the WR coach.

We need to get rid of these damn Gilbrides lol.
    He's been there for 3 or 4 years. It's another reason I think if Coughlin retires after next season that Gilbride could be the new HC.

vCash
    Only Kevin Gilbride and his limitless arrogance can have a team that can rush at will and lose a game. Wait....unless it's 3rd and goal from the MF'in 12 THEN you run a draw! 12....twelve.....TWELVE. Then follows to kills two drives by passing on 2nd on short, then running into 8 in the box on 3rd. Also, make a ****** 5th reciever the focus of your offense, briiliant. After watching his career I would not be surprised if he evenetually gets investigated for throwing games.

vCash
    "Kill-Drive" is horrible..The CowPukes couldn't stop the run all day and the wind was howling in Giants Staduim...So..what does the genius do...He tries to throw it...Geezzzus... We are 1st and 10...run for 9..so we are second and 1what does Kill-Drive call...Of course..a pass...Incomplete..Now we run and get stuffed..4th down...If happened 3 times yesterday...He's horrible..Buddy Ryan was right LOL
    Last edited by doorag; 11-26-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast