Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

2014 Payroll Thread

Note - Dollars does not include signing bonus dollars, and past deferred money owed to the players this season.

Hello. I know haven't been on the forum in awhile, but I do this every year. So, here we go.

These are current salaries, some of them I have to estimate because I don't know what the rookie min is going to be and I also don't know what a couple of these guys are going to get in ARB. I get my numbers from Cots. If you have anything to add please post and I will update this post. Thanks.

1. Adam Wainwright SP - $19.5M
    2. Matt Holliday LF - $17M
    3. Jhonny Peralta SS - $15.5M
    4. Yadier Molina C - $15M
    5. Jaime Garcia SP - $7.75M
    6. Jason Motte CL - $7M
    7. Mark Ellis 2B - $5.25M
    8. Jon Jay OF - 3.25M
    9. Randy Chode RP - $3M
    10. Allen Craig 1B/OF - $2.75M
    11. Daniel Descalso UTIL -$1.29M
    12. Peter Bourjos OF - $1.2M
    13. Matt Carpenter 3B - $1M
    14. Lance Lynn SP - $513K
    15. Trevor Rosenthal RP - $490K
    16. Tony Cruz C - $503K
    17. Shelby Miller SP - $490K
    18. Shane Robinson OF - $498K
    19. Joe Kelly SP - $493K
    20. Matt Adams 1B - $490K
    21. Seth Maness RP - $490k (EST)
    22. Carlos Martinez SP - $490k (EST)
    23. Kevin Seigrist RP - $490k (EST)
    24. Michael Wacha SP - $490k (EST)
    25. Kolten Wong 2B - $490k (EST)

26. Randal Grichuk
    27. Joey Bulter
    28. Samuel Freeman
    29. Keith Butler
    30. Rafael Ortega
    31. Eric Fornataro
    32. Oscar Taveras
    33. Tyler Lyons
    34. Aubrey Perez
    35. Jorge Rondon
    36. Aldeymis Diaz SS - $500K
    37. Pete Kozma SS - $490K
    38. Greg Garcia
    39. Angel Castro
    40. Mike O'Neill

= $106,407,000 not including AAA/40 man roster pay, minor league player salaries, signing bonus dollars, and past deferment dollars or incentive bonus money.
    Current Starting line up projection

LF Matt Holliday
    CF Peter Bourjos
    RF Allen Craig
    3B Matt Carpenter
    SS Jhonny Peralta
    2B Kolton Wong
    1B Matt Adams
    C Yadier Molina

Bench:
    Jon Jay OF
    Mark Ellis 2B
    Tony Cruz C
    Daniel Descalso 2B/3B/SS

SP Adam Wainwright
    SP Michael Wacha
    SP Shelby Miller
    SP Lance Lynn
    SP Jaime Garcia
    SP Joe Kelly

RP
    RP Kevin Seigrist
    RP Seth Maness
    RP Randy Choade

SU Jason Motte
    SU Carlos Martinez

CL Trevor Rosenthal
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 03-12-2014 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Added Diaz and Carpenter
    St. Louis Cardinals
    St. Louis Blues
    Miami Heat
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    numbers look good but descalso and Salas will each get about a million, or a little less, in arb

leaves us with 25-30 million to spend (or save).... i like it

vCash
    Yeah Descalso will get about 1 million and IMO Salas gets non tendered

Also, I don't think Freese gets 4 million.

I think he takes something like 3 million on an incentive deal that could earn him an extra 3-4 million.

I don't think he will get to 4 because I don't think the cards will go to arbitration with him, they'll non tender him and he won't get 4 on the open market

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    numbers look good but descalso and Salas will each get about a million, or a little less, in arb

leaves us with 25-30 million to spend (or save).... i like it
    Payroll can actually reach as high as 130 million this year (we have new revenue).

Moz will have a budget of probably 125 I'm guessing.

Of course, he won't come close to spending that much or anything.

vCash
    I think one day in the future our payroll will.

If ballpark village pans out and Dewitt wants to keep all the young guys he will. And has expressed that he's prepared to if need be.

I think many underrate Dewitt, he sets the budget, he stays out of the way, he won't go George Steinbrenner crazy with the money but he will spend to keep his players if it's within reason.

He doesn't try to market his name like Jerry Jones, Steinbrenner, Mark Cuban and so on

vCash
    Let's not forget the $1M buyout for Westbrook and $2.5M owed to Wiggington. May not be payroll exactly, but money that is being dished out due to 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Yeah Descalso will get about 1 million and IMO Salas gets non tendered

Also, I don't think Freese gets 4 million.

I think he takes something like 3 million on an incentive deal that could earn him an extra 3-4 million.

I don't think he will get to 4 because I don't think the cards will go to arbitration with him, they'll non tender him and he won't get 4 on the open market
    Freese could get $4M on the open market. He is one year removed from a 3.8 rWAR season and he isn't old. A lot of teams would probably take a flyer on him at $4M.

vCash
    yeah i think Freese gets to arbitration.... he's shown in the past he can maybe be an above average offensive 3B and used to be able to mash lefties as well

vCash
    Gosh, we have money to spend and no one really worth spending the money on lol
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I want to sign Corey Hart if we trade Adams... we certainly have the money to give him a fat deal.

this puts craig in RF (because i doubt Beltran comes back even if Adams is gone), and oscar can come up in June and take CF or platoon in CF with Jay and take RF with Craig getting AB's at 1st when Taveras is in RF

Just seems like a way to utilize some of our short term cash surplus. If he gets hurt again, Craig takes 1B back no problem

not saying it happens but i would take a look at him if im MO IF adams is traded

vCash
    Morneau or Morales could be possibilities too

vCash
    I would say that if we are going to have all this extra cash and sounds like trade Matt Adams then just leave Craig at 1B, Tavaras In RF and sign a centerfielder but there's no good ones out there to speak of lol

If Tavaras is in RF I have no doubt he will open the season there in St.Louis.

Unless we do do something like Trent is talking about we could afford not having him in RF if Adams is indeed gone
    Last edited by Skippy15; 11-11-2013 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    If Taveras gets RF... im still stuck on signing Rajai Davis for CF to bat against lefties and pinch run late in games

all of this is only relevant cause Adams MIIGGHHHTTTTT get traded... this is why i love baseball
    Last edited by Tkais9009; 11-11-2013 at 09:55 PM.

vCash
    ^ I know, this is why baseball is awesome lol

And I like the Rajai Davis idea.

I guess another option would be re vist the idea of attempting a deal for both Aybar and Bourjos who while isn't a big offensive upgrade it at all he's at least an extremely good fielder

vCash
    I cant imagine Martinez being in the pen unless he falls down as a starter.. The potential upside is huge for C-Mart. By DFAing Salas and using the money that Mujica was getting there is no reason not to work out a deal to get both of Axford's last two arb seasons.. That would provide a two tiered safety net for the closer's role. Motte will be gone after 2014..

I dont see how they role with the same bench 2014 that proved to be such a fatal flaw in the 2013 playoffs. Mo has to build quality depth there.. They have money to spend so there is no reason not to significantly upgrade the bench..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast