Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What was your biggest issue this week (Week 10 vs STL)?

I don't think anything stood out, positively. But there was a lot wrong today.

Offensive line couldn't block for rbs or protect for Luck.

Luck - First time im putting him in this type of thread, but he really wasn't great today. Lots of pressure, but he was off on a lot of throws.

Every WR except Hilton - Obviously didn't get enough separation, too many drops.

Vontae Davis - Tavon Austin made Davis his *****.

Coaching - The team was ****ing horrible in all 3 phases of the game.

Pass rush minus Mathis.

One positive: Run D. Stacy didn't run all over us.

Edit: Almost forgot about David Reed. He might have been the worst player in the game.

--------------------------

Terrible week, what you guys think?
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 11-10-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Everything.

#iubb

vCash
    I agree with most of that.

I don't want to put all the blame on Pep Hamilton, but I just don't like his play calling.

We definitely have a lot to work on before Thursday.

vCash
    Ive lost all faith in Trent Richardson. Its starting to look like he is the b word and the Browns made a great trade. Good thing is he is still young......

vCash
    The OL - bottom line - is the root of 90% of the offense problems. I don't think Richardson is going to be a great player, but I'm not going to blame him when many of his plays he's hit in the backfield or at the line. In all honesty I'm not going to complain about Pep's play calling (although I'm not necessarily a fan) because the offense can't execute with any regularity due to poor blocking. Today aside, we may have yet to fully appreciate how good Luck is because he covers so many other issues.

I think our tackles are average and we have extremely bad play in the middle. I do not understand why they continue to roll Satelle and McGlynn out there in the current lineup. We have 26 games of evidence that they are not effective. Let's give Reitz or Linkenbach an opportunity (not that I think they are longterm solutions). Let's put the other rookie in at Center. If they are so bad in practice that they are not viable options then let's start signing players from other teams practice squads. Do something.

And let's get someone other than David Reed to return kicks. Today was not the first day that he made poor decisions that he could not deliver on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    Ive lost all faith in Trent Richardson. Its starting to look like he is the b word and the Browns made a great trade. Good thing is he is still young......
    I can't agree with this until they have something other than trash for the interior line. You can't just run it constantly at the back of a poor run blocking O-Line.

vCash
    Fun fact, As of 1-2 weeks ago, Trent Richardson led the NFL in broken tackles...unfortunately he was hit in the backfield more than any other RB.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    This was a team loss in every facet....no sugar coating it
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    This OL is going to get Luck injured is something doesn't change.

vCash
    Most of our problems relate to the O-line. Richardson gets hit after one step on half of his runs and Luck didn't have a pocket to throw from.
    [

vCash
    This wasn't all Pep's fault....he wasn't calling kick coverages and defensive secondary coverage schemes that were also terrible, this game was lost in the pre game locker room when everyone decided to leave their competitiveness there.

That said I hope a light bulb went off for Pep when he saw Mathis about to really take control of the game by getting to the QB twice and Fisher called a Screen right at him. That type of thing is what Pep needs to learn...and learn quickly. In the NFL, you can't stick to your game plan unless it is working, if it doesn't work or you have a way to counter that. In this case Mathis was wrecking the offense...so they attacked him and he was a non factor pretty much after that. I realize that clever play calling can't account for a combination of good coverage and bad routes...along with poor blocking and good D Line play, but you would think if the pressure keeps coming up the middle you might want to get your QB out of the middle of the pocket and try and roll some plays out, throw a middle screen, give Luck more short/safe outlets or hell give me delayed hand off to take advantage of over pursuit.

Luck's throws in the first half were also terrible which isn't Pep's fault, but when you keep asking him to toss it around down field when he isn't on instead of giving him some short slats or even a quick curl to get in rhythm is.

vCash
    One play that stood out to me yesterday as summing up Hamiltons ineptness. I recall a pass play where it was a screen to Havili and who was the other back out there in protection......Richardson. Seriously? You have your suppossedly franchise back in there to pass block while you throw a screen to another back? brilliant Hamilton, just brilliant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    One play that stood out to me yesterday as summing up Hamiltons ineptness. I recall a pass play where it was a screen to Havili and who was the other back out there in protection......Richardson. Seriously? You have your suppossedly franchise back in there to pass block while you throw a screen to another back? brilliant Hamilton, just brilliant.
    Don't forget the draw to Havili inside our own 15 on 3rd and long when you have DB running well on draws and Richardson who doesn't get them ever....hell I'd rather see a QB draw if they want to run it. I like Havili, and like him involved, but I completely agree, his play calling has been bad all year. The sad thing is that I like his offense of balance using a FB and using power formations (especially with our injuries at WR/TE)....but I don't like that he runs 90% of the time out of those power formations and keeps trying to ram it into the teeth of the D where we have 0 blocking.

I like Pep as a teacher, his adjustments in the 2nd half, and as a guy to put an offense in...as a play caller and game planner he is terrible....he is the WR that is 6'4", runs a 4.3 40, and jumps 42" at the combine but can't catch in the game....basically our OC is the DHB of coaching. I honestly think turning the headset over to Clyde may be what this team needs.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 11-12-2013 at 08:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Don't forget the draw to Havili inside our own 15 on 3rd and long when you have DB running well on draws and Richardson who doesn't get them ever....hell I'd rather see a QB draw if they want to run it. I like Havili, and like him involved, but I completely agree, his play calling has been bad all year. The sad thing is that I like his offense of balance using a FB and using power formations (especially with our injuries at WR/TE)....but I don't like that he runs 90% of the time out of those power formations and keeps trying to ram it into the teeth of the D where we have 0 blocking.

I like Pep as a teacher, his adjustments in the 2nd half, and as a guy to put an offense in...as a play caller and game planner he is terrible....he is the WR that is 6'4", runs a 4.3 40, and jumps 42" at the combine but can't catch in the game....basically our OC is the DHB of coaching. I honestly think turning the headset over to Clyde may be what this team needs.
    Matt, I respected your opinions until now.

vCash
    Lol.

<3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast