Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Gustav Nyquist Thread

17 points in 12 AHL games. He turned 24 in September. He's peaked in the AHL. Has gotten as good as he ever will there. I'm sick of this. He needs to be called up for good right now.

vCash
    I hate Samuelsson. I want Nyquist up. That is all.

vCash
    You're really preaching to the choir here lol. Going to go ahead and reference my overrated wings management thread because I can. Holland ****ed up by signing Samulesson and Cleary, and is now majorly paying for it.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    I completely agree. Tootoo cant even get picked up, and Sammy wont approve a trade anywhere. Add that onto the fact that only a few games until Nyquist cant be sent down without waivers and our cap situation...I just dont see it happening yet as much as it should.

vCash
    The Wings still have too many forwards. Until they can get rid of some, Nyquist is not coming up. I think the Wings thought they would be able to move Sammy, Tootoo, and/or Eaves. They mananged to basically move Tootoo, but they didn't get much cap relief for him, so I'm pretty sure someome else will have to go when Ericsson comes back to give them more cap relief.

Tatar got Nyquist's spot and I don't understand that. Must be that poor management we have. The same poor management that has managed to get the Wings to the playoffs for 20+ seasons in row by rebuilding on the fly, instead of doing a complete rebuild. I can't understand why the Wings management would go out and sign an old supperstar that they hope can score some points and ignite the PP and also, sign an injured center that they hope will return to his former self. All they had to do was resign Flip and move Nyquist and Tatar up. Problems solved.

Cleary wasn't a bad signing. The Wings got him cheap. I seem so different from all of you. The Clearys, Drapers, Maltbys, McCartys, Kocurs, Proberts, etc. are what helps build a team. Some of you think that if everyone on the team isn't a superstar, there isn't a place for them. Really?
    Last edited by Wingman; 11-11-2013 at 10:20 AM.

vCash
    Ha cute little bait attempt there. Cleary is fine, but replaceable. And when he's holding back your future, you don't bring him back, plain and simple. I don't know about you but I would prefer Nyquist to not be held back for another year while Datsyuk gets a year closer to leaving.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Very frustrating to know that this guy is on an AHL team tearing it up while we go 3-3-4 in the last 10 games.
    Gustav Nyquist is Jesus

didn't even hit the goalie doo

Ya, we're spoiled.