Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jazz @ Raptors

vCash

Jazz @ Raptors

lets see if we can get that W

vCash
    For some reason I'm looking forward to Kanter vs. Valanciunas.
    Chicago Cubs: #4 pick, Prospect Watching
    Tennessee Titans: 7-9, #11 Pick/Bring on the "Whis" Kid
    Utah Jazz: 12-26, We're getting dangerously close to being decent

vCash
    This is rough.
    Chicago Cubs: #4 pick, Prospect Watching
    Tennessee Titans: 7-9, #11 Pick/Bring on the "Whis" Kid
    Utah Jazz: 12-26, We're getting dangerously close to being decent

vCash
    all our guys look clueless... firing passes with only a couple inch window, bringing the ball down after a rebound, not securing the ball. this is rough, indeed.

guess i'll be watching hockey tonight... damn, it's a terrible day for sports. first the utes, now the jazz. at least anderson's team beat the cougs.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    we are going to struggle to win 10 games with just lucas and tinsley

vCash
    We are like Jacksonville Jaguars bad

vCash
    this loss wasn't surprising 4 games in 5 nights is brutal. I am most disappointed by the loss to the celtics still and not really the loss, but losing by so much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bag84 View Post
    We are like Jacksonville Jaguars bad
    we lost to okc and houston at home. then our other 4 losses have been on the road. Burke should be coming back within a couple of weeks. rush and marvin will get healthy soon. a lineup of burke-rush-hayward-favors-kanter with marvin-lucas/tinsley-burks-gobert will dramatically make us better. our starting and backup point gaurd is giving us 3 points in 32 minutes. The one thing I am really noticing is that kanter is getting abused on pick and rolls and leaving favors on a complete island. he can either give up a layup to the dribbler or his guy

vCash
    burke will help. i wasn't expecting much with no pg worthy of mention and our bench shorthanded. evans has been out, too. and i'm surprised at biedrins not playing and gobert already getting minutes in the double digits. i think we're stoked about this kid and want him to get as much experience as possible. this pt will only be very beneficial to him.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    burke will help. i wasn't expecting much with no pg worthy of mention and our bench shorthanded. evans has been out, too. and i'm surprised at biedrins not playing and gobert already getting minutes in the double digits. i think we're stoked about this kid and want him to get as much experience as possible. this pt will only be very beneficial to him.
    Biedrins is hurt so they don't have much option at the moment but to play him

vCash
    Hey, I thought extended playing time was all that was holding the youngsters back from morphing into super stars.

Is there any possibility, even to the slightest degree, that these guys come off the bench last year because they weren't good enough to start?

Sure would be nice to have Mo, Foye and Milly still.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    or maybe our starting pg has a per of 2.3 and is a terrible defender? or our sf has a per of 7 and has been only ok on defense? then our backup pg has a per of 7 and isn't playing very good defense? our backup center has a per of 5 and is making a few plays on defense, but it seems to me he is often out of position. our backup pf right now, harris, wouldn't even make most other teams. Favors, kanter, and burks haven't been on fire, but they are getting zero help.

vCash
    I would argue it isn't the defense that is a major concern. The D has actually been respectable.

Favors, Kanter and Burks are not good enough to put the team on their shoulders and carry them. When you gut your starting lineup under the premise that the backups are being stifled by the starters, I think it's fair to bring it up that the backups are proving to be less than capable.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    but our offense is playing 4 on 5 with tinsley out there and jefferson is shooting 34% right now. the defense is just packing it in around kanter and favors and making the jazz shoot long jumpshots which is why they are struggling so much

vCash
    but our defense isn't the issue. we are a few well-timed defensive stops from being 3-4 or 2-5. i point to the play of gobert who regularly goes 10 minutes for 12 rebounds, messing shots up, etc. someone looking for negatives will come away with he's always 'out of position' when he's playing better than he has any right to considering he's a rookie... we should be allowing 120+ pts per game if things are as bad dhop asserts. just looking at scores, only one team has scored over 101. as bad as it sucks to be winless 2 weeks into the season, i think a lot of us might be jumping the gun with this doom-and-gloom crap. 2 of those games could have gone either way, and one of them was okc. i close my ears to suggestions that okc is a garbage team.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

-Portman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast