Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Gamethread: San Antonio Spurs (5-1) @ New York Knicks (2-3) Noon Game!

Sun, Nov 10 12:00 PM ET
    Madison Square Garden

Your New York Knicks!

Raymond Felton / Frank White / Iman shumpert / Carmelo Anthony / Andrea Bargnani

San Antonio Spurs

Tony Parker / Danny Green / Kawai Leonard / Tim Duncan / Boris Diaw

Knick Updates

Mike Woodson said that J.R. Smith will make his season debut on Sunday, coming off the bench vs. the Spurs.
    Smith served his five-game suspension and the Knicks can certainly use his offensive help. They currently rank 23rd in the league with 93.8 points per game. For the time being, Shumpert will continue to get starts and Smith will be the sixth man, but Shumpert's role will be instantly reduced. If Smith is stashed away on your bench, now is the time to activate him.
    The Knicks have no plans to sign a free agent center in the 4-6 weeks that Tyson Chandler (knee) is expected to be sidelined.
    Woodson said centers are "scarce" and the club will wait for the D-League to start before deciding on anything, saying there wasnít any center out there of note. Ike Diogu played well for the Knicks in training camp, but the decision may have more to do with the luxury tax implications. Because the Knicks are so far over the tax threshold, any new signing is taxed at twice the normal rate. All of this, of course, is excellent new for Andrea Bargnani's owners. Bargs put up a monster game last night in his first start since Chandler went down. Cole Aldrich was a non-factor and Amare Stoudemire is a shell of his former self, so look for Bargs to rack up the minutes in the next month to month and a half.
    Weezy vs. Hustla23

vCash
    I feel bad for our guards.

vCash
    This is one of those " lets see what your made of " games.... But as you all know the Knicks are horrible at day games soooooo this one imo is up in the air for me....

vCash
    I actually like this matchup. If we can stay solid on D, they are going to have a ton of trouble guarding Bargs and Melo at the 4/5. Parker is scary to think about but I like where we match up elsewhere and we whooped their *** last year.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    J.R. is back, now we don't have to see Felton shoot 15 times a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I actually like this matchup. If we can stay solid on D, they are going to have a ton of trouble guarding Bargs and Melo at the 4/5. Parker is scary to think about but I like where we match up elsewhere and we whooped their *** last year.
    Bargs match-up is the key match-up. If he manages to play like he did last game I like our chances.

vCash
    Felton trying to guard Parker is going to be a nightmare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23:27373834
    Felton trying to guard Parker is going to be a nightmare.
    Hopefully we throw Prigs in him to start. I'm not worried about Green having a smaller defender on him because he can get D'ed up the same way Novak would by 6 footers but it would make sense to put Felton on him and Prigs on Parker.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    i'm actually more interested in how they will cover us, I like that for a change.

I am sick of every pg in the league coming in and destroying us however. I'm losing my support for Ray, Pablo is just solid and hits his shots.

call me crazy, but I'd play Toure and Pablo, I'd love to see him on Parker and even Green. Who will cover Melo?

If Bargs and Melo are hitting shots SA is in for a long night.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    lets give em a chance

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    I think the Spurs will have a difficult time trying to match up to us and their game doesn't play to our weaknesses.

They play a slow paced, half-court game that plays into our strengths of not turning the ball over, getting good 3pt opportunities and scoring efficiently.

Does anyone know how Bargnani has done vs. Duncan historically?

Spurs do not have a defensive matchup for the combo of Bargs and Melo that works. If Duncan comes out high to defend AB, AB will put it on the floor and go right around him.

Melo+Bargnani is a nightmare for any defense because they are both so versatile and dangerous from anywhere on the floor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Hopefully we throw Prigs in him to start. I'm not worried about Green having a smaller defender on him because he can get D'ed up the same way Novak would by 6 footers but it would make sense to put Felton on him and Prigs on Parker.
    Felton's fat *** is actually pretty strong. He can guard 2's no problem, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    I think the Spurs will have a difficult time trying to match up to us and their game doesn't play to our weaknesses.

They play a slow paced, half-court game that plays into our strengths of not turning the ball over, getting good 3pt opportunities and scoring efficiently.

Does anyone know how Bargnani has done vs. Duncan historically?

Spurs do not have a defensive matchup for the combo of Bargs and Melo that works. If Duncan comes out high to defend AB, AB will put it on the floor and go right around him.

Melo+Bargnani is a nightmare for any defense because they are both so versatile and dangerous from anywhere on the floor.
    http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/pla...01011;season=r

vCash
    Thank god jr is back. Anything to keep felt on from chucking bricks. Every time I see felt on take a jumper I cringe. Like watching shaq at the free throw line.

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    Thanks.

Based on that, we can expect Duncan to not be as effective as usual. Add in the fact that Duncan hasn't played Bargnani when he's had someone like Melo playing next to him and I like our chances even more.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast