Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2013 San Antonio Spurs In-Season Talk:

Is it just me or does this team seem more hollow than last year. Pendergraph or Ayres whatever you want to call him seems useless. I just don't see what I want yet. It's still early and they're gutting out wins. Manu is playing better. So that's something. I guess I was just expecting a little more oomph out of the team. Here's hoping they can find secondary scoring somewhere. Please for the love of god get rid of Cory Joseph. He literally offers nothing.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    I agree about Joseph at this point. Mills is doing a fine job

I'm being patient with Ayres, it's only been 6 games and people that have joined us said it's a difficult system to learn. I would see where his progress is by the new year, that'd give him 2 months under his belt. And even then it's tough to judge, cause it took Splitter a while to catch on.

I've been really happy with Manu, Diaw, and Marco. Marco has had his ups and downs, but he's showing what he's capable of. Diaw's new aggressive play is just awesome. Really adds another element to our 2nd unit. And Manu looks healthy, which is always nice. Taking the summer off seems to have worked wonders.

I agree overall, when the season first started, I figured we'd come out firing on all cylinders. The motivation from the finals, and the chemistry that should have carried over from last season, I thought we'd come out and really get after teams. Instead, we've got a very low point differential and have yet to win a game comfortably. Let's hope it's just rust and they turn it around soon. Parker and Diaw both look like they're the least rusty, and playing for the FNT is probably a big reason why. I just hope Pop is able to rest them enough as the season goes on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I agree about Joseph at this point. Mills is doing a fine job

I'm being patient with Ayres, it's only been 6 games and people that have joined us said it's a difficult system to learn. I would see where his progress is by the new year, that'd give him 2 months under his belt. And even then it's tough to judge, cause it took Splitter a while to catch on.

I've been really happy with Manu, Diaw, and Marco. Marco has had his ups and downs, but he's showing what he's capable of. Diaw's new aggressive play is just awesome. Really adds another element to our 2nd unit. And Manu looks healthy, which is always nice. Taking the summer off seems to have worked wonders.

I agree overall, when the season first started, I figured we'd come out firing on all cylinders. The motivation from the finals, and the chemistry that should have carried over from last season, I thought we'd come out and really get after teams. Instead, we've got a very low point differential and have yet to win a game comfortably. Let's hope it's just rust and they turn it around soon. Parker and Diaw both look like they're the least rusty, and playing for the FNT is probably a big reason why. I just hope Pop is able to rest them enough as the season goes on
    I think that Diaw looks solid. More so than last season. His aggressiveness is a nice and encouraging display. Will he play like that in 20 games from now. Who knows. Parker is Parker, as much as you can say for that. I don't judge him. We need a bigger up tempo guard. Now more than ever GH3 is missed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    I think that Diaw looks solid. More so than last season. His aggressiveness is a nice and encouraging display. Will he play like that in 20 games from now. Who knows. Parker is Parker, as much as you can say for that. I don't judge him. We need a bigger up tempo guard. Now more than ever GH3 is missed.
    Yea that's the thing, CoJo has the size over Patty, but he's a liability out there offensively at times. And DeColo really did not show any improvement during the summer.

vCash
    Do you guys think Marcus Camby could help the team? After the Toronto-New York trade, he went to Houston for a bit before being cut. So what do you guys think? I don't know what salary figures he is asking for, but I remember him saying he would like to play for a contender (i.e. Spurs). Is his defense still good?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Do you guys think Marcus Camby could help the team? After the Toronto-New York trade, he went to Houston for a bit before being cut. So what do you guys think? I don't know what salary figures he is asking for, but I remember him saying he would like to play for a contender (i.e. Spurs). Is his defense still good?
    I think he's too old at this point. If I'm going to speculate, I think their eyes are probably more on getting a SF to backup Kawhi. I think that's why they have Josh Howard stashed in the d-league to see how he looks physically

vCash
    Scott Machado, Fab Melo, Adonis Thomas*, CJ Leslie, Jeremy Tyler, Jarvis Varnado could all be interesting additions. Especially Thomas or Leslie. I think they have size and ability. Leslie had disciplinary issues in college. But, I would love to see an another athlete added to the roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I think he's too old at this point. If I'm going to speculate, I think their eyes are probably more on getting a SF to backup Kawhi. I think that's why they have Josh Howard stashed in the d-league to see how he looks physically
    LOL, I traded for Tayshaun Prince on my game. But I doubt Memphis would do that.

vCash
    Spurs X-Mas day jerseys:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    LOL, I traded for Tayshaun Prince on my game. But I doubt Memphis would do that.
    Ha, definitely not. In division rival, though they could probably use another shooter which we do have.

vCash
    Look at a guy like Wroten who was acquired by Philadelphia this offseason. Switching to a new team gave him the opportunity he needed. I'm not sure what Popovich sees in Joseph. He's been in the league now going on three season's. He's not going to improve. LOL. Sometimes we stay too loyal to players.

vCash
    Yea, I don't know about Joseph at this point. He's got size over Mills, but Mills put in a ton of work it seems and is shooting the ball well and finishing around the rim. I don't know what Pop or the FO sees at this point either...

vCash
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 33m
    Hearing: Malcolm Thomas will soon be on his way to San Antonio as a D-League callup from the LA D-Fenders
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 31m
    San Antonio has had @Malcolm4Thomas in its program before both w/Spurs & Austin Toros. Pulled from D-Fenders' game tonight vs. Bakersfield
    Thomas has looked good from what I'm hearing.

vCash
    So what's up with Kawhi Leonard? Was anyone else hoping that he would have improved his game more than he has in the offseason? It's still early, but I feel he is still the teams 4th or 5th option.

On a brighter note Boris Diaw and Marco Bellinelli have been awesome so far this year. I love how aggressive Diaw has been. He reminds me of the 2007 Phoenix Diaw.

vCash
    ^i'm not concerned with Kawhi yet. Like Timmy, his shot is just not falling, and it doesn't seem like he wants to force the issue. Where he's had success is posting up smaller guys, in those cases he's always looking to attack which is nice. His rebounding is up from last year, scoring is about the same, but the 3 point % is 15% Less than what it was last year, he's at 22% now.

Once his shot gets going, his minutes will go up (down 4 from last year) and he should be more productive. Marco & Diaw have both been incredible as well, and when they're going Pop is sticking with them. It's why Green/Leonard are seeing less time late in games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast