Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Is Eric Bledsoe a Max Player?

no doubt at the end of the season Bledsoe will field a few max deals. I say the Suns have no choice but to pay the man.

vCash
    Wtf

vCash
    I'm gonna guess this thread started in the NBA forum and was moved.
    It's looking like he's going to warrant the max. It'll be interesting to see how Phoenix handles this.

vCash
    He's worth the 1st max extension butnI'm not so sure he's worth the 2nd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    He's worth the 1st max extension butnI'm not so sure he's worth the 2nd.
    Since we didn't extend him before the year, would he get the same type of max deal as Gordon got? 4 years @ 60 or so?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    I'm gonna guess this thread started in the NBA forum and was moved.
    It's looking like he's going to warrant the max. It'll be interesting to see how Phoenix handles this.
    no, this thread was started here.

as I watch him play, im beginning to think other teams are going to offer him max so the suns would have no choice but to match. on the flip side, if we do a snt, will that net you a young, strong, pg that's a tough ball defender, good shooter and can get to the rim?

the guy they need to flip is dragic. suns need a young, athletic sg. also im not sold on frye. either plumlee and len need to play together or trade frye for a pf that can play d and rebound.

vCash
    IMO he's played well enough to get the mini-max so far, so it's not a problem. If we want to give him the max, we give him it, if we think we can get better value in a sign and trade then we go that route.

If he stops playing at this level but is still good enough to be considered a little more than a 'solid' player, that's when we have a problem.

vCash
    McDonough added that of the 2010 draft class that Bledsoe is a member of, just a handful of players have agreed to contract extensions, and those were "maximum salary guys." As such, many others were in the same boat as the Suns, who were looking to come to terms with a player who had not yet proven to be a maximum contract player.

After all, while Bledsoe had flashed great potential, he had never put it all together and consistently played like a star.

"Any extensions less than the max can be a little bit tricky, but we knew that going into it and we're very confident that Eric's going to be a Sun for a long time."

http://arizonasports.com/41/1675151/HES-OURS
    I don't think we have to worry about McDonough giving him the max.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES KOAST View Post
    no, this thread was started here.

as I watch him play, im beginning to think other teams are going to offer him max so the suns would have no choice but to match. on the flip side, if we do a snt, will that net you a young, strong, pg that's a tough ball defender, good shooter and can get to the rim?

the guy they need to flip is dragic. suns need a young, athletic sg. also im not sold on frye. either plumlee and len need to play together or trade frye for a pf that can play d and rebound.
    Gotcha. I saw 49ersLALSFGiant follow your post and figured it was in the NBA forum first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Since we didn't extend him before the year, would he get the same type of max deal as Gordon got? 4 years @ 60 or so?
    I would rather have Bledsoe than gordan at 4/60

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES KOAST View Post
    I would rather have Bledsoe than gordan at 4/60
    Agreed. If for no other reason than he's not injury prone. Not sure who's the better defender though. Bledsoe seems like more of a sure thing.

vCash
    i hope he does not ask for a max deal, but if he continues to play this way (4th in the league in 4th quarter points) -- i trust McDonough to make the right decion

vCash
    Beldsoe's got an entire season to prove that he is. A handful of games as a starter isn't a large enough sample size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    i hope he does not ask for a max deal, but if he continues to play this way (4th in the league in 4th quarter points) -- i trust McDonough to make the right decion
    he wont ask for max, other teams will offer it to him. I can see teams like the lakers, jazz, magic and maybe the pistons if they don't sign Monroe in the summer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    Beldsoe's got an entire season to prove that he is. A handful of games as a starter isn't a large enough sample size.
    true but no one is surprised that he has the talent to be a franchise player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast