Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should Chris Grant be fired?

YES!!! This is Chris Grants 4th year as GM and this Cavs team STILL looks awful. I think he's done a piss poor job at constructing a roster.

vCash
    With the way we are currently performing I can't argue that he should be fired at the end of the year. I liked the Waiters pick and convinced myself to buy in on the Bennett pick. I've bought in on everything in regards to this team. That's what makes it so tough to say that he simply hasn't done a good enough job. It kills me to see us lose to mediocre teams. There's no excuse for it. Simply put it comes down to Chris Grant. We held Byron Scott accountable so it's only right that we hold Chris Grant accountable. Hopefully the tide turns, I don't want to see Grant fired. With the way things look right now though it's impossible to say he should keep his job.

vCash
    I'm sorry I know I'm probably overreacting, but this team looks really bad and disengaged. We've had four top 4 picks and shouldn't be this bad of a team. It's getting to the point where it's really not too early to evaluate the draft picks.
    Plus Mike Brown is proving to be a great assistant, but not a head coach. Dan Gilbert is over his head and not a basketball guy. No one respects him. I might need to just lay off watching them for now. Hopefully they get it together but I don't see it. Bad chemistry. Bad players.

vCash
    I don't think you're overreacting at all, I think you're 100% right. This team just doesn't make sense. And the fact that this organization rushed out to re-hire Mike Brown without seriously considering anyone else speaks volumes. They are panicking, and that could end up being the worst part of all. I don't often agree with Bill Simmons but I think he's right on about this team being a prime candidate for a mid-season panic-trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bscanosu21 View Post
    I don't think you're overreacting at all, I think you're 100% right. This team just doesn't make sense. And the fact that this organization rushed out to re-hire Mike Brown without seriously considering anyone else speaks volumes. They are panicking, and that could end up being the worst part of all. I don't often agree with Bill Simmons but I think he's right on about this team being a prime candidate for a mid-season panic-trade.
    I 100% agree with you bud. I hate Bill Simmons and it pains me to say he is right.

vCash
    They surely have not showed results on the court, but since he has done such a good job acquiring "assets" I don't think he will be let go. This upcoming summer they will have cap space once again and they have a lot of future draft picks. Hopefully they can turn those picks into proven players. We really need a 3 point shooting SF that is at least average defensively.

vCash
    NBA GMs believe Chris Grant may be first executive to lose job
    November 18, 2013 by Scott 9 Comments
    General managers throughout the National Basketball Association allegeldy believe that Cleveland Cavaliers’ Chris Grant may be the first executive to be out of a job. ESPN’s Chad Ford reports, via a line item within his recent column, that the Cavaliers’ disappointing start could lead to the 6-11 general manager being on his way out if the ship isn’t corrected soon.

“[Cavaliers owner Dan] Gilbert set down the playoffs-or-bust mandate before the season, touting the team’s culture and chemistry before opening night,” writes Ford. “Three weeks into the season, things haven’t gone particularly well on or off the court, and many GMs in the league believe Grant might be the first executive to lose his job this season.”

Point guard Kyrie Irving has had a slow start, his season’s statistics being saved by two overtime games. Irving is sporting the lowest PER of his career and is the “leader” of the second-least-efficient offense in the NBA right now. The team has yet to iron out the small forward position and Anthony Bennett, this year’s No. 1 selection, has been relegated to the bench as he continues to have a complete absence in confidence on the offensive end. Ford speculates that, despite being just one of many Eastern Conference teams to have a rough first three weeks, the team could consider trading center Anderson Varejao for another shot at the lottery. The goal? Getting LeBron James to return in 2014.

The Cavaliers sit at 4-7 and will play host to the Washington Wizards this Wednesday.
    http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...e-to-lose-job/

vCash
    I'm not a Chris Grant fan whatsoever. I think he tries to outsmart everyone when it comes time to the draft and I'm just not a fan of taking shots in the dark like him when you are re-building.

We could be rolling with a lineup of Kyrie, Oladipo, random SF, Tristan and Andre Drummond right now (I'll admit I was more a McLemore guy than Victor but I'll take either over sloppy Bennett any day of the week and twice on Sunday). Think about that for a second. That's a young core that surely would entice SF free agents in 2014 (not sure who might be available then....). Instead we have a hodge podge of crap. At this point, if we want a star SF we have no choice but to tank to get Wiggins or Parker because LeBron isn't coming home to this nonsense. The Bennett pick baffled me then and still baffles me now. If he's as out of shape as he is now at 19, imagine when his metabolism slows down! If we weren't going to pick someone who was going to contribute this year, why didn't we just take Nerlens? The Cavs have simply left me at a loss for words but its no different than the Browns. I'll just keep watching and taking the abuse hoping eventually we can get a competent front office that can fix this.

FACTORY OF SADNESS
    1999-????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxrider9 View Post
    I'm not a Chris Grant fan whatsoever. I think he tries to outsmart everyone when it comes time to the draft and I'm just not a fan of taking shots in the dark like him when you are re-building.

We could be rolling with a lineup of Kyrie, Oladipo, random SF, Tristan and Andre Drummond right now (I'll admit I was more a McLemore guy than Victor but I'll take either over sloppy Bennett any day of the week and twice on Sunday). Think about that for a second. That's a young core that surely would entice SF free agents in 2014 (not sure who might be available then....). Instead we have a hodge podge of crap. At this point, if we want a star SF we have no choice but to tank to get Wiggins or Parker because LeBron isn't coming home to this nonsense. The Bennett pick baffled me then and still baffles me now. If he's as out of shape as he is now at 19, imagine when his metabolism slows down! If we weren't going to pick someone who was going to contribute this year, why didn't we just take Nerlens? The Cavs have simply left me at a loss for words but its no different than the Browns. I'll just keep watching and taking the abuse hoping eventually we can get a competent front office that can fix this.
    I couldn't agree more. I will admit that the Kyrie/TT draft gave Grant some slack. Waiters/Bennett though have taken all of that slack away though. Waiters is a contributor at least but certainly doesn't look like a 4th overall pick. Bennett is not a number 1 and I will leave it at that.

Some could say it is hindsight, but look back at those drafts and tell me we didn't reach and several people had other players rated/ranked higher than the ones we picked. Also, the Brown hire was a big name and righting a wrong. That is all good but he may be setting us back 10 years. Everyone on the team looks flat and uninterested in all games. The Cavs are turning the wrong corner IMO.

vCash
    I believe Tristan is the reason that Chris Grant thinks he's the smartest man in the room so to speak. When we drafted him, everyone was floored and he's shaping into a nice player. I HATED the pick, but I can admit when I'm wrong. Dion is basically a poor mans Kyrie so they clearly just don't mesh. As I said during last years draft, why not get McLemore as someone that doesn't need the ball in his hands and can stretch the floor and move Dion to his natural role which should be 6th man? With Mike Brown being so entrenched in defense, why not draft the lock down perimeter defender with explosive athleticism in Oladipo?

Now I'm willing to bet that we end up moving Dion for basically nothing to try to get the locker room back (if he's the issue as being reported). Mike Brown is clearly not Greg Popovich like he wants to be and I just don't think anyone respects him or wants to play for him. When a team is willing to fight for each other and their coach, its amazing what can be accomplished. When a team hates each other and would rather be anywhere else, well then you find yourself down to the 3-7 Wizards by 27 pts in games.

FACTORY OF SADNESS
    1999-????

vCash
    My issue/concern is with Nerlens Noel. The Cavs scouted him more than any team in the NBA and to me at least he looked like the best talent in the draft and best fit for the Cavs. We could have drafted him and kept him out all year and ran with what we got and we'd be right where we are now, looking like a lottery team again with the chance to add a superstar this year in the draft...

vCash
    You imagine this team, if our GM wasnt always trying to be cute. We never go for a SF that can actually fill it up imagine if we had just got Oladipo. We could just go small lineups Jack, Kyrie, Oladipo, Waiters, Miles man we could run all night. Def wouldnt have issues we are right now with scoring. I dont understand the need to play Clark his head isnt even in the game half the time, Gee decent as a backup I dont see the point starting either of them. Between the the 2 of them tonight almost 30 mins 3 points and a rebound, thats just horrid. I dont see why they just dont throw Waiters at the 3 position.This team hard watch i had season pass canceled it couldnt stomach it anymore to depressing.

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take" Kevin Jones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxrider9 View Post
    I believe Tristan is the reason that Chris Grant thinks he's the smartest man in the room so to speak. When we drafted him, everyone was floored and he's shaping into a nice player. I HATED the pick, but I can admit when I'm wrong. Dion is basically a poor mans Kyrie so they clearly just don't mesh. As I said during last years draft, why not get McLemore as someone that doesn't need the ball in his hands and can stretch the floor and move Dion to his natural role which should be 6th man? With Mike Brown being so entrenched in defense, why not draft the lock down perimeter defender with explosive athleticism in Oladipo?

Now I'm willing to bet that we end up moving Dion for basically nothing to try to get the locker room back (if he's the issue as being reported). Mike Brown is clearly not Greg Popovich like he wants to be and I just don't think anyone respects him or wants to play for him. When a team is willing to fight for each other and their coach, its amazing what can be accomplished. When a team hates each other and would rather be anywhere else, well then you find yourself down to the 3-7 Wizards by 27 pts in games.
    I think you got Mike Brown all wrong in that no one wants to play for him. I would play for him over coaches like D'Antoni who antagonize veterans who has a good idea what their strengths are. Brown respects veterans and listen to them. He also knows how to run good defenses. If the team are not skilled enough to generate scoring, that is the players lack of talent, not the HC fault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carless Yen View Post
    You imagine this team, if our GM wasnt always trying to be cute. We never go for a SF that can actually fill it up imagine if we had just got Oladipo. We could just go small lineups Jack, Kyrie, Oladipo, Waiters, Miles man we could run all night. Def wouldnt have issues we are right now with scoring. I dont understand the need to play Clark his head isnt even in the game half the time, Gee decent as a backup I dont see the point starting either of them. Between the the 2 of them tonight almost 30 mins 3 points and a rebound, thats just horrid. I dont see why they just dont throw Waiters at the 3 position.This team hard watch i had season pass canceled it couldnt stomach it anymore to depressing.
    Oladipo was not a consensus number one pick like Anthony Davis. He was rated highly but was not a sure thing. What if Bennett is lighting it up now and Victor stunk it up in their rookie year? No one rank Drummond highly yet with the benefit of hindsight, you wonder why we didn't draft him too? Bennett is the type of player that need to grow in his first year to be great. He has lots of upside and potential. That is saying a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    Oladipo was not a consensus number one pick like Anthony Davis. He was rated highly but was not a sure thing. What if Bennett is lighting it up now and Victor stunk it up in their rookie year? No one rank Drummond highly yet with the benefit of hindsight, you wonder why we didn't draft him too? Bennett is the type of player that need to grow in his first year to be great. He has lots of upside and potential. That is saying a lot.
    I actually liked Bennett's limited minutes tonight. I still think he's a chubby chucker who can't dribble but he at least looked like he belonged as he slammed it and (I think?) drained a shot. I really want to look stupid and I'm pining for Bennett to make me look that way...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast