Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Jazz at the Bulls

What? No one watching anymore?

Let's go Jazz!!!!!

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Youngsters still getting outplayed by veterans, even though a couple of them are in their fourth year. Same as it ever was.

Alec is NOT a PG. Yikes.

But this is the new Jazz. LET'S GO JAZZ!!!!

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Transition defense has been a bright spot. Guys are rushing back and breaking up breakaways on turnovers. Now if we could just shoot.

vCash
    I find it interesting we have 4 guys going 2-8

vCash
    This team is terrible at shooting. There isn't one guy on the team who is a natural spot up dead eye shooter.

But the D is holding them in it.

vCash
    Coaching is terrible on offense. Not surprised with Corbin, so hopefully we will upgrade next season with a good coach and play much better. High lottery pick looks guaranteed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdood View Post
    Coaching is terrible on offense. Not surprised with Corbin, so hopefully we will upgrade next season with a good coach and play much better. High lottery pick looks guaranteed.
    what offensive players do we have though?

vCash
    I hate to beat this dead horse, but Favors looks just as clueless as ever on offense. I am very happy to see Kanter's outside shot coming along so well though.

vCash
    i was out seeing thor... i had no clue that would be a terrific choice.

but a positive we can take from this is gobert's rebounds... holy crap. 12 rebounds against the bulls' front court is no easy feat. and as much as it sucks to lose by 24, we lost cuz of pathetic shooting. we're not the best shooting team, but 29% is pathetic and we will not normally shoot like that. even if we had shot 40% we'd have won.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I was at the Utah State beat down of USC. Definitely a good choice considering how this game went. I'll be watching tomorrow though.
    Chicago Cubs: #4 pick, Prospect Watching
    Tennessee Titans: 7-9, #11 Pick/Bring on the "Whis" Kid
    Utah Jazz: 12-26, We're getting dangerously close to being decent

vCash
    man this continues to show that if the youngins even have a mediocre game the jazz will get blown out. we won't lose every game, but man I am beginning to wonder how many we will even win

vCash
    I am too. I didn't think we'd be this bad. There's still plenty of season left, hopefully full of development.
    Chicago Cubs: #4 pick, Prospect Watching
    Tennessee Titans: 7-9, #11 Pick/Bring on the "Whis" Kid
    Utah Jazz: 12-26, We're getting dangerously close to being decent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdood View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. I wish I had a dollar for every time Harpring said the players need to run the play called to have a chance to score. Probably would help if we had a PG who could create shots for others too.

As I watch this core four in their third and fourth seasons it seems obvious to me that the only one who has developed properly so far is Hayward.

Favors flashes talent and his FT shooting is better but he is still not what you would expect from a fourth year number three pick.

Alec flashes great slashing ability but is a turnover machine. His passing is suspect, he struggles to make good decisions when pressured and for some reason really struggles to shoot consistently both from the field and the FT line.

Enes has his moments and is obviously developing a nice face the basket shot, but struggles on defensive boards and in the pick and roll D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    I am too. I didn't think we'd be this bad. There's still plenty of season left, hopefully full of development.
    Milsap, Big Al, Foye and Mo all had their issues, but at least they knew how to hit big shots. It would not surprise me to see this team relying on Jefferson and Rush toward the end of the season given the struggles of this team to score.

vCash
    but that's why we're playing them. they have holes in their games that they can smooth out with more experience. they are 3-4 year players, but they haven't gotten significant minutes to this point. we all expected growing pains this season, and this is what it looks like. i think we can get our feet under us against toronto.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman