Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Offseason Thread

Another offseason, another place to talk about moves and prospective moves.

vCash
    Why? It will be the same crap that Beane always does. Add a couple of low average hitters with some power that never hit good pitchers in the playoffs.

vCash
    Your narrative doesn't fit reality. Please come back to reality.

vCash

vCash
    want colon phil hughes and depending on price roy halladay and drew

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Only hope for the A's is that Choice because a .300-15-90 guy and Russell makes the majors soon. Past that, I have seen nothing from Beane in the past that would inspire much hope of putting together an efficient offense. I stand by my earlier post of trying to get Murphy from the Mets. If they have to put together a 4 or 5 to 1 package together like Milone, Reddick, Weeks and Vogt to do it, than so be it. Murphy hits in the clutch and hits good pitchers. Something this sorryazzzzz lineup needs. It makes sense for the Mets also. They need a backup hitter with their young catcher. Weeks can take over second. They need a powerhitting right fielder and the A's can replace Reddick with Choice. With Harvey down they need another starter. They need a lefty also.

vCash
    @millertime, Again, your rants don't fit with reality

The A's have had one of the best offenses over the past two seasons. Only 3 teams scored more runs in 2013. No team has won more games than the A's over the span of the last two seasons. Inspired much? That package is an insane ripoff for the Mets.

vCash
    And btw, we do have stats that can measure "clutch". Murphy does significantly worse in high leverage situations. And if you can provide evidence that he can hit "good" pitchers well that'd be great.
    Last edited by Cheezombie; 11-09-2013 at 06:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
    Why? It will be the same crap that Beane always does. Add a couple of low average hitters with some power that never hit good pitchers in the playoffs.
    Make a thread using a methematical equation that proves the A's can't win in the playoffs. I'd be super interested in reading that

vCash
    According to the rumor section, STL is looking for a SS and may be interested in Lowrie. Who knows if anything comes of it though, lots of rumors during the GM meetings. It sure would be exciting if it meant we get to see Russell in the majors that soon, but I don't really want to trade Jed.

vCash
    Punto adds depth. He's a perfect Athletic, lol. As for Lowrie, his trade value would be at it's peak, if we were to trade him. With that said, I'd rather hold on to him and let him walk next season, as he gives us a much better chance at winning the whole thing in 2014

vCash
    Interesting, that might mean the end for one of Sogard/Callaspo. I can't imagine we'll have multiple utility infielders on the roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    According to the rumor section, STL is looking for a SS and may be interested in Lowrie. Who knows if anything comes of it though, lots of rumors during the GM meetings. It sure would be exciting if it meant we get to see Russell in the majors that soon, but I don't really want to trade Jed.

lowrie's poor fielding doesnt make up for his offense, I'd like to get rid of him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agureghian View Post
    lowrie's poor fielding doesnt make up for his offense, I'd like to get rid of him
    I'm assuming you meant to say that his offense doesn't make up for his poor fielding? If so, that would be incorrect, because it certainly did. There were only about five shortstops in all of baseball that put up more than Lowrie's 3.6 WAR last season.

15. 11-14-2013, 08:06 PM
    Reason
    Insults

16. 11-14-2013, 10:53 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post

vCash
    Lowrie is better suited as a 2b. Maybe the A's are moving in a direction to make that switch. I can see Callaspo getting traded.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast