Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 43.75%
  • No

9 56.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Should Marcel Reece be moved to the Tight End position?

Considering our Tight End position is virtually non-existent, do you think that Marcel Reece should be moved to the tight end position?

The kid is 6’2 255lbs with 4.4 speed as well as more than enough Experience playing the WR position as he did in college. He is constantly referred to as the “Nightmare matchup” but has not been utilized to exploit that against opposing defenses. There may be a post about this same subject somewhere on here I just wanted to see if many of you feel the same way. I think with Mcfadden going down and Rashad Jennings taking over as RB that Marcel should slide to TE position and help elevate our passing game. San Fran did it with Delanie Walker who’s only 6’0, I see Marcel much harder to bring down and taking short passes and turning them into 1st downs rather easy. Your thoughts nation?

Also I can't seem to add a POLL if a moderator can help me out with that please

vCash
    Yes.

Running game isn't working with him at fullback, put him in where he can excel. What's the worst that's gonna happen, DMC is gonna go from 2.5ypc to 2ypc?
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    nope
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    nope
    Care to explain?

I just think that with his blocking skills and speed he could become a reliable weapon for this offense and an occasional bail-out target for Pryor. Plus with his speed, he will be able to stay ahead on Pryor on Read options to provide crucial blocks mid-field.

vCash
    Yes.Maybe a better te than fb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DatFatCat View Post
    Care to explain?

I just think that with his blocking skills and speed he could become a reliable weapon for this offense and an occasional bail-out target for Pryor. Plus with his speed, he will be able to stay ahead on Pryor on Read options to provide crucial blocks mid-field.
    I can explain. Reece can be used in many ways, at TE he would be 1 dimensional. I say we put DMC at tightend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I can explain. Reece can be used in many ways, at TE he would be 1 dimensional. I say we put DMC at tightend.
    Right now, Reece isn't used at all...
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    Right now, Reece isn't used at all...
    But he would be if DMC were to be moved to TE and we had our line healthy and intact.

vCash
    Reece at tight end,mcfadden in the slot.

vCash
    Yes, I've wondered why he hasn't been used at TE yet for the last couple of seasons. I think Olawale (sp?) and/or Jennings can take care of the fb position, while Reece handles the starting TE position with Matrud/Kasa focusing on run/pass blocking when the Raiders run 2 TE sets. Now, some may argue that Reece can't handle the blocking duties that come with the TE position. However, I would assume that if he has done well enough in his blocking assignments to keep him at FB with limited use as a playmaker, he will do well enough blocking at TE to NOT negate the impact that he would have as a receiving threat.

vCash
    Reece is a pretty bad blocker, he would be terrible on the line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    Reece is a pretty bad blocker, he would be terrible on the line
    Sorry haven't seen this, I do remember seeing Reece as the lead blocker on multiple occassions during the 2010 season in which DMC rushed for 1100 yards. I think with what Tony Sparano has done with the back-ups on the line he is more than capable on coaching up Reece for blocking assaignments as a Tight end. This is IMO a No-brainer position switch, yes I know they did try him out at TE during traning camp but that was in 2009 and we had Zack Miller. I highly doubt the Raiders were looking to try and develop a TE when they had a pretty good one already.

vCash
    thoughts like this frustrate me on our team. Not that the thoughts of this thread are bad by any means but it makes me think about our bigger contracts.....

DMC - never is healthy
    Reece - Never gets the ball
    Janikowski - Cant make a kick
    Flynn - No longer in the NFL
    Branch - Cant get on the field

These guys are making a big chunk of our money this year. Glad that Flynn and DMC will be off our cap aftr this year but we have too much money tied into a kicker on the downslide, a safety who is overpaid and a fullback. Not the positions that I would pick for big contracts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    thoughts like this frustrate me on our team. Not that the thoughts of this thread are bad by any means but it makes me think about our bigger contracts.....

DMC - never is healthy
    Reece - Never gets the ball
    Janikowski - Cant make a kick
    Flynn - No longer in the NFL
    Branch - Cant get on the field

These guys are making a big chunk of our money this year. Glad that Flynn and DMC will be off our cap aftr this year but we have too much money tied into a kicker on the downslide, a safety who is overpaid and a fullback. Not the positions that I would pick for big contracts.

Mcfadden is as good as gone, Flynn is already gone. Branch fractured his fibula so his absence is excused. Jano is in a slump but I still would bet on him beyond the 50 with the game on the line but his misses need to be corrected.

As for Reece fault falls on the coaches Olsen and Allen. ESPECIALLY ALLEN, how many damn times do we need to hear " Reece needs to be utilized better" before he stops wearing his *** as a hat and does something about it.

As for money, these contracts are no where near what we would pay previous losers so I'm ok with that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DatFatCat View Post
    Care to explain?

i'm lazy.

i don't think he'd shine starting at TE. while he might possibly help our passing game at TE, he's better suited to be out wide.

he is a good blocker, when the OL doesn't lose their assignments...

i'd like to see Jennings and Reece split time in the backfield. Reece should be the featured back IMO
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast