Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who is the best SG in the NBA?

Is it:

Wade?
    Harden?
    Kobe?

People are talking of Hardens atrocious defense lately. Does his lack of two-way game deny him of best SG title?
    Aight, lemme end this with a KO right now:

Ryne Sandberg: 9282 PA | 4.05 fWAR/600 | 4.2 rWAR/600 PA
    Chase Utley: 5128 PA | 6.32 fWAR/600 PA | 6.26 rWAR/600 PA

Utley has 1/2 as many PAs right now...thats definitely whats hurting his HOF hopes, but he has been clearly more valuable than Sandberg in his career. If he can get another 2000 PA (3 full seasons) of 4.5+ WAR rate, then he >>> Sandbage

vCash
    PSD has already voted on this in the annual player ranking poll. Harden is the consensus #1 SG.

vCash
    What he said but only by attrition, not what he's proven or earned.

vCash
    I'd go with wade.
    PSD's NBA ALL TIME REDRAFT

------|Dwyane Wade|Scottie Pippen|Wes Unseld|------

vCash
    Well, Kobe was best last season so until I see him play and this injury hinders him, I'll say still Kobe even at the tender age of 35.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers+Giants View Post
    I'd go with wade.
    I'll also go with Wade, when healthy of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Well, Kobe was best last season so until I see him play and this injury hinders him, I'll say still Kobe even at the tender age of 35.
    Offensively he was great, but was almost as bad as Harden defensively.

vCash
    It's Wade, by default.

It's very difficult to describe how bad harden's defense is this season. Kobe's D last season was also miserable.

The heat are an amazing team. Their defense can be absolutely frightening, and this is without an elite defensive center. Imagine how good they would be if they had a legitimate center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    This. Until Kobe actually does regress to that point, or hell even Wade, I don't see how a case can be made for Harden THIS EARLY. (not saying never, just not now.)

I don't remember when is the last time I saw a star SG rely so much on flopping his arms in the air and get called to the line. He hardly even tries either. I swear I saw at least 4 times where the Refs whistled BEFORE Harden even got any contact. Harden is very talented, but stop it. The guy's shooting is inconsistent and relies on the refs way too much. It's way he has always failed in the playoffs so far. (especially the 2012 finals)

Harden is not the only player to rely on the refs for foul calls. As a Lakers fan, Pau Gasol is a HUGE offender to this. All he does is complain on offense. IT'S NUTS! But all the games I have seen Harden play, this is the way I usually see him.

Drive, flop arms, foul is called, gets to line. Or when it doesn't get called, won't get back on defense on the fast break. When he decides to shoot finally, he's very inconsistent. Can make open shots and even create shots for himself, but he is far from unguardable. Free throws are his saving grace in the regular season...but playoffs are a whole different story for him.

My reaction if the Lakers get a top 5 pick this year.

vCash
    Give me Harden
    Bringing her back!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    PSD has already voted on this in the annual player ranking poll. Harden is the consensus #1 SG.
    It doesn't matter now. Each player's results will speak for themselves. And Harden's defense is truly embarrassing. The same could be said for Kobe's defense last season, however. Therefore, the "best" SG is Wade, by default.

There is no conceivable scenario where kobe will come back as a superior defender this season, making the decision all that much easier. And there is essentially zero chance that Harden becomes even a good defender, much less a great one, anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by big_w View Post
    It doesn't matter now. Each player's results will speak for themselves. And Harden's defense is truly embarrassing. The same could be said for Kobe's defense last season, however. Therefore, the "best" SG is Wade, by default.

There is no conceivable scenario where kobe will come back as a superior defender this season, making the decision all that much easier. And there is essentially zero chance that Harden becomes even a good defender, much less a great one, anytime soon.
    I still think that Wade is a lot better than what he showed last season, while we got to see the best of Harden and Kobe, at least offensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    PSD is the judge and jury on sports now? You realize PSD is very small compared to other sports sites right? Did that disgrace of a voting poll even make it past 500 votes? 400?

My reaction if the Lakers get a top 5 pick this year.

vCash
    I'll take Wade

vCash
    Wade is the best in the game, he does it all.

Kobe is currently out, but when he plays he doesn't play any defense.

Harden is a ref baiter who lives on the FT line and his defense is worse than Kobe's.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast