Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The Ben McLemore is really good and a lot of people agree Thread

I did this a few years ago during Tyreke's rookie year posting quotes from various people talking about Tyreke. McLemore is starting to get the same hype...

1st entry: Dominique Wilkins:

Add Atlanta Hawks Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins to the growing list of assorted NBA types who think Kings rookie Ben McLemore is an emerging star. 'Nique, who is one of the most humble, engaging superstars in all of pro sports, effusively praised McLemore during halftime of the Kings-Hawks game Tuesday night.

"He's so active, and he's got a lot of bounce to his game," said Wilkins, currently a Hawks television analyst. "When he comes off those screens, he's going straight up and down with his jump shot, almost Ray Allen-ish in terms of how quickly he shoots the ball. And he moves very well without the ball. He impressed me, he impressed me. He's not bad defensively already .... this kid is going to be a very good player in this league."
    http://www.sacbee.com/2013/11/07/588...-mclemore.html

I plan on posting quotes/stories about McLemore every time I come across one. You guys are welcome to do that as well.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    he is doing pretty well for me in fbb league. first 2 games not enough mins but now coach is playing him and he is producing. Go Kings!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Monkey View Post
    he is doing pretty well for me in fbb league. first 2 games not enough mins but now coach is playing him and he is producing. Go Kings!!
    I like the guy and I even drafted him late, let him go not because I didn't think he would be good but because it's always tough guessing if the coach will give rookies extended minutes.

I have enjoyed watching The Ben play though, I kind of wish the comparisons with Allen would stop. I watched Allen in college and all through the pros and he didn't ever have the athletic upside The Ben has.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    i was sooo happy when we drafted him! i hope he starts as well.

vCash
    Worked out really well for Tyreke
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    I like the guy and I even drafted him late, let him go not because I didn't think he would be good but because it's always tough guessing if the coach will give rookies extended minutes.

I have enjoyed watching The Ben play though, I kind of wish the comparisons with Allen would stop. I watched Allen in college and all through the pros and he didn't ever have the athletic upside The Ben has.
    Ray Allen was in the 1997 dunk contest. It takes athleticism to get there.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I like Ben and think he will be big for the team in the future, but he is still playing like a rookie. He made two bad fouls last night, something thats common among rookies. Let him grow as a rookie, let him get him use to playing 82 games a season and by his 3rd season we will have a 20 point a game scorer in Ben Mclemore

vCash
    Ben was my favorite player in the draft. I was super happy when he fell to us at seven. I like the fact that he has a defined position and the size and athleticism to play the position. I'm tired of undersized players and players without a true position.

vCash
    Future is now. It's time to sit Thornton and start McLemore. Afterall, Thornton was inherited, McLemore was handpicked by coaching staff/front office.

<3

vCash
    "The Ben McLemore is really good and should play a ton of minutes Thread"

vCash
    Agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Pretty sure The Ben wouldn't have a problem competing in a dunk contest if asked. Just because I stated The Ben has a higher upside athletically doesn't mean Allen isn't an athlete it means The Ben is a superior athlete at this stage and has a higher ceiling imo.

The Ben also has an edge in defense and quickness as well.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Tell 'em SF... How dare they question the athleticism of Jesus Shuttlesworth! So what if Ben McLemore is more athletic. He's only that athletic because JESUS paved the way! McLemore is nothing without Jesus!

vCash
    but he wasn't as athletic as mclemore is
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    Kobe is just a much more complete player than Lebron.