Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Joel Carreno - Looking Good!

Seems like a lot of people on here either gave up on, or forgot about Carreno.

Kid had a great year in the minors this season, and is continuing to pitch well in winter ball.

Let's remember he had 90 Ks in 66 1/3 innings, and held batters to a .166 batting average.

http://www.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats....pbp&pid=468528

... I think he may be a solid bullpen arm if we move a few of our surplus this offseason.

2. 11-08-2013, 01:23 AM
    Reason
    Disruptive

vCash
    Still only 26 years old too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jet11 View Post
    Seems like a lot of people on here either gave up on, or forgot about Carreno.

Kid had a great year in the minors this season, and is continuing to pitch well in winter ball.

Let's remember he had 90 Ks in 66 1/3 innings, and held batters to a .166 batting average.

http://www.mlb.com/milb/stats/stats....pbp&pid=468528

... I think he may be a solid bullpen arm if we move a few of our surplus this offseason.
    Hopefully some of the Jays' young arms pan out this year for us at the major league level. Including Carreno. He seems to have the stuff and the success on the farm to make it to the team this summer. But our bullpen is looking a little congested, with a lot of bullpen arms out of options, and pretty decent. Some tough decisions will have to be made, and guys like Carreno will force GM_AA's hand soon,

vCash
    I like Carreno. Didnt think he had a fair shot in 2012 with the team. I think he would be a solid middle relief guy. Has started too so he can also spot start for you if needed and I like that kind of flexibility with middle relief guys.

But the Jays are loaded with pen arms and unfortunately they dont usually yield you much return so even though you have a ton of them, its not like you can turn them around for other needed assets. Janssen might be the only real asset but even he isn't going to get you something great back unless he's packaged in a deal.

vCash
    Just read that Carreno signed with the Mets. (Good ol' JP Ricciardi wanted to bring his boy back eh!)... So I guess we can - unfortunately - forget about Carreno contributing for us in 2014.

Go figure, I start the thread to sing his praises, and a day later he's gone. Bummer.