Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Mike Glennon Playing Well Enough to Not Draft a Quarterback in 2014?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 23.53%
  • No

6 35.29%
  • I don't know

7 41.18%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Mike Glennon Playing Well Enough to Not Draft a Quarterback in 2014?

FoxSports.com:

Perhaps my favorite of the rookie quarterbacks is the guy no oneís talking about. Down in Tampa Bay, in a post-MRSA (we hope), post-Josh Freeman world, Mike Glennon is actually putting together quite an impressive rookie season. You probably havenít noticed ó and I donít blame you ó but Glennon leads all rookies in TD-to-interception ratio (8:3), completion percentage and passer rating. He hasnít thrown an interception in three games.

Glennon needs to put some muscle on that frame this offseason, but heís sneakily more mobile than youíd expect. Against Seattle last weekend, he threw away a few passes that other rookies would have forced, and he showed a Peyton Manning-esque ability to avoid the sack. Heís not fast, no, but heís crafty.

I wasnít one in April, but four weeks into his time as the Bucs' starter, Iím becoming more and more a fan of Mike Glennon. Those expecting Tampa to use its expected Top-5 draft pick on a QB in 2014 may want to see how the season plays out first. Theyíre not losing because of their QB play and Glennonís gotten better with every passing week. Heís playing far better now than Josh Freeman did in Weeks 1, 2 or 3. Mind you, heís doing this with limited offensive weapons. No Doug Martin. No Mike Williams.

Watching that Seahawks-Buccaneers film, a lot of things popped off the screen. One is that Mike Glennon is, indeed, an NFL quarterback.
    Do you agree or disagree with the article? Should we pass on a quarterback with our top 2014 draft pick?

vCash
    I agree with the article and I'm on record as saying I think he should get a longer look in the off-season

vCash
    I would say yes, so far.

vCash
    Id say yes but I'd regret it if this time next year if that "top 5 drafted QB" looked like a superstar and Glennan only looked like an above average QB. But with that said, I've loved his decision making far more than Freeman's. While Freeman had a way higher ceiling on talent, he had a far deeper bottom than Glennan because of decision making. Glennan can be more consistent and is the smarter QB. May not scare defenses but at least defenses will respected him more. At least in my opinion...

vCash
    I say yes but really its tough to say allot depends on whos in charge for the draft next year, whos coaching and what he thinks of Glennon and also where we are drafting.

vCash
    True, but I hope we don't get a coach that only wants "his Guy" and we release Glennan over nothing. I obviously won't complain if a new QB does great but outside of Glennans first game and his deep ball, he hasn't shown any reason to not keep him on the field

vCash
    Well any coach is going to want his guy, just like any GM usually wants to hire his own coach

vCash
    All depends on the coach next year.

BREAK A LEG McCOWN
    YOU DESERVE IT

vCash
    Need to see more of him these next 8 games will be very telling. Also a fear of mine is if Glennon plays really well down the stretch we might keep Schiano because he did draft him, anyone think that will happen? In all honesty if do decide to keep Glennon we need to make our top pick a weapon for him because right now all he has is a double covered VJAX and Tim Wright, awesome weapons huh? I don't think Bridgewater would be doing much better.

vCash
    I think Schiano has dug his grave this year and he's not long for this team. If we get a good coach he could probably work with him if he sees something in him. It's happened before with other teams but Schiano is such a rigid idealog that he wasn't gonna work with anyone but "his guy" no matter what.

vCash
    I still say no, he's last in the league in red zone appearances and scoring... People are sold on his completion percentage but he's inaccurate on deep passes and appears to lack a lil confidence in his ability to toss it deep!

It'd be the worse decision to pass on a top 3 QB in the draft!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Well as of last night i'll take a hard pass on Mariota, so its really Bridgewater or Glennon?

vCash
    Think there is a nice QB prospect who will drop to us in the 2nd rd instead?

Get a playmaker in first and draft completion in the 2nd?

Not saying that's what I want, but if Glennan finishes well the rest of the year, who would be up for that option?

vCash
    ^^^I would be cool if we did that draft a Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans then maybe a Murray, McCarron, Mettenburger type in the 2nd...assuming we sign a quality FA DE

vCash
    As much as I think Glennon shows promise, we gotta get someone else too. With as high a pick that we have this year, we have to take a shot at a guy like Teddy if hes available. Now if Teddy's gone I think one in the later rounds might be suffice. Another scenario is drafting Clowney then drafting a promising young QB like Boyd for example; we could get from rounds 2-3 that we could project while still evaluating Glennon next year.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast