Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Excited about the season.. how about yall?

I came into the season optimistic, but still had realistic expectations about how far we could go.. 6th seed, 7 game first round loss.. basically a "meh" season.

After the first 4 games I honestly see a team that could be 5th out west ( Hou/GS/LAC/SAS above them ) and reach the semi or even WCF. They remind me a lot of the 2011 Mavs chemistry wise... they don't looking AWESOME on paper but it just works, and works well. And this year we are DEEP.. people don't realize how deep we are and how many weapons we have on the bench. Devin Harris, Vince Carter, Brandan Wright, Blair, Crowder.. Mekel looks like a Calderon clone and Ledo and Larkin could be the future.

Monta & Dirk look like they have been playing the pick and roll together for years, Marion & Sammy look rejuvenated and excited about playing.. Calderon & Carter are making teams pay for doubling Dirk and Monta. They just look like a very well oiled machine to me.

So what do you guys think? What is our ceiling this year after seeing them play?

vCash
    Getting way to far ahead of yourself... Talk to me after new years and we will see

vCash
    Also you forgot about okc

vCash
    Give them some games and time. It's all about defense, less TO's and bench productivity. Playoffs is the realistic goal and going from there, it's fun.

vCash
    Is it just me or does the schedule suck in terms of traveling. Back to back after heat games?

vCash
    stern is calling...
    hmm loose against okc hmm i think 1)back to back 2) some layoups don't go in 3) the refs against dörk 4( this fking damn move from durant everytime the same damn
    and at the end of the game they don't use much of their opts

lets go mavs

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Well yeah but the refs will never be for us. It just concerns me how bad we play against good defensive teams (Rockets, OKC). That is when Dirk needs to step up and shine.

Great defense: Monta=inefficient VC=pass mode Dirk= question mark

vCash
    Just 2-3 games later and everthing looks differently (to me). Dalembert is inconsistent, Dirk can't raise his level if needed and necessary. If that's what he meant by saying he wants to show what he has left, then... his level is clearly nowhere where he, himself, expects it to be.

Weak defense, giving up 100+ points each game, our major problem since "the guys" are gone.

Yeah, it's early on but right now I'm once again concerned. Beating Memphis was great, losing against OKC was no surprise, Minnesota (they're a great team since years, if not injured all the time) and K. Love showed what our team and star player lacked (for the moment). Vince not being with us, is no excuse.

However Crowder is doing fine lately as well as Calderon has his moments, sadly just moments or games but those two plus Monta and Blair, that's at least something to build on.

vCash
    I am thinking it will be hard to nail down a playoff spot if we go 0 and 41 on the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyTyrael2 View Post
    Just 2-3 games later and everthing looks differently (to me). Dalembert is inconsistent, Dirk can't raise his level if needed and necessary. If that's what he meant by saying he wants to show what he has left, then... his level is clearly nowhere where he, himself, expects it to be.

Weak defense, giving up 100+ points each game, our major problem since "the guys" are gone.

Yeah, it's early on but right now I'm once again concerned. Beating Memphis was great, losing against OKC was no surprise, Minnesota (they're a great team since years, if not injured all the time) and K. Love showed what our team and star player lacked (for the moment). Vince not being with us, is no excuse.

However Crowder is doing fine lately as well as Calderon has his moments, sadly just moments or games but those two plus Monta and Blair, that's at least something to build on.
    Dirk is playing fine. I conveniently missed all 3 games they've lost this season so I can't really comment on his late play.. but I think what you're seeing is Dirk letting Monta build his confidence and get comfortable in the new system. Other than that he looks like good ole dirk, he's only shooting 43%.. give him a break.. some shots just don't fall. It's early.. expect that to climb up to 49-50% and points up to 20 ish, and I also expect to see a career high is assist for him... passing the ball great early on.

vCash
    Aside from Dirk though.. I love how Monta is playing right now. I saw him pass up a few open 3s last night and drive the ball instead. People think he's just hot.. he's not.. this is how Monta plays when he doesn't jack up threes. If he can keep that style of play up all season then we scored big time picking him up. Marion is looking great thus far.. doing all the little things as usual.. 12.5/9 and 1.5 blocks and steal a game... that's legit. Blair is quite the spark plug off the bench... 9/8 with 2 steals in 20 mins... wow!
    Last edited by jstone0716; 11-13-2013 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    blair is a very nice dude
    monta too
    dirk needs some more shots, they will fall

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???