Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Yakupov and Hemsky Trade Whispers

Quite a few lofty rumors being tossed around by some beat reporters lately regarding the 2012 1st overall pick. Odds are that Nail Yakupov will not be traded but it is fun to entertain the idea of a dynamic 20 year old being dangled out there.

Craig McTavish, GM of the Oilers, and Kevin Lowe have been visiting several arenas lately along with a scouting team.

The Edmonton Oilers had a contingent of team president Kevin Lowe, general manager Craig MacTavish and special advisor Mark Messier at Madison Square Garden for Monday night's Rangers game against the Anaheim Ducks, according to Larry Brooks of the New York Post.

With the Oilers mired in last place in the Western Conference, the team could be looking to make some deals.
    - http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...-rangers-radar

Linus Omark has also been recalled to rejoin the team today giving them 13 active forwards, and a couple Oiler forwards, most noteably Taylor Hall, are expecting return sometime within the week. Thus calling into question if there is a move that could be made soon.

While the recall is welcome news for Omark’s many fans, the timing is more than a little curious. Last week Oilers were missing all four of their top four left wings — Taylor Hall, David Perron, Ryan Smyth, Jesse Joensuu — due to injury, and still Omark remained on the farm while the likes of Nail Yakupov, Ryan Hamilton, and Anton Lander got time on the port side. Last night Smyth returned to action, and Hall and Joensuu are reported to be close to doing the same, perhaps later in the current four-game road trip.
    - http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...k-but-why-now/

Edmonton currently is seeking Defensive and Goaltending help.

Let the speculation commence.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    I could see the Rangers as suitors but I am not sure if McTavish is would trade someone like Yakupov. That is the type of trade that could put you out of the business if it doesn't go right.

Girardi + Miller + McIlrath + 3rd (Condition: becomes 2nd if Girardi doesn't resign)

Yakupov + Mid Prospect + 5th

Girardi would instantly become Edmonton's best Defenseman and could provide some strong stability on the back end. The assumption would be that Edmonton has 70 games to convince him to stay. Miller is an affordable 3rd line winger to go along with their youth movement and play a role in the bottom 6. McIlrath has been a project Defenseman but has progressed well and should be ready to take a spot in the NHL as soon as late this season. Also, the Rangers selected McIlrath knowing that Edmonton was targeting him just a few picks later.

I have no idea, it is just fun to speculate (and propose trades while wearing my homer goggles).

Now go ahead and tear this apart haha
    Last edited by Rangers&MetsFTW; 11-06-2013 at 02:27 PM.

vCash
    Yakupov to Toronto for JML

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Yakupov to Toronto for JML
    Not sure if serious...

vCash
    if ottawa could get a reliable backup, i wouldnt mind offering up anderson while his value is high with a couple of our forward specs for yakupov, dunno if edmonton would do it since andys kinda old but alberta gms havent seemed to be the brightest in the last decade or so , so one can always hope

vCash
    Dallas Eakins wants Yakupov to realize that ALL supposed reports of his imminent trade are absolutely FALSE. Told him that today.
    - https://twitter.com/EdmontonJack/sta...57274310381568

Feel like this is something you hear often before a young player or a big name player is traded. No coach wants their players thinking about trade rumors.

vCash
    Knowing the Flyers we'll end up trading Schenn, Couturier, Giroux, and our next 15 first round picks for Yakupov.

vCash
    Hemsky is a good offensive player to buy low on for a team with an extra defenseman or 2 that needs a shakeup to their offense. I think the Flyers could be a good fit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuys89 View Post
    Knowing the Flyers we'll end up trading Schenn, Couturier, Giroux, and our next 15 first round picks for Yakupov.
    Shades of Lindros?

I don't think the Flyers need Hemsky at all, they already have a plethora of 2nd line tweeners.

vCash
    Yakupov and a pick to the Sabres for Miller and Myers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    I think they would want a more term controlled goaltender if they were going that route.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    Shades of Lindros?

I don't think the Flyers need Hemsky at all, they already have a plethora of 2nd line tweeners.

Hahaha that trade...

To Flyers: Eric Lindros

To Nordiques: Peter Forsberg, Mike Ricci, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, two first-round picks, and $15 million

And you're right, Hemsky is the last thing the Flyers need right now. I don't even want Yakupov. The Flyers have never had luck with Russians.

vCash
    Miller said he wont go to Edmonton.
    \

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    Not sure if serious...
    Yes I seriously think they would trade Yakupov for a guy who cleared waivers.

vCash
    Yakupov and a pick to the Isles for Tavares and Vanek.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast