Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    387
    vCash
    1500

    Redskins Finish 10-6?

    After starting the season 0-3 and 3-5 at the midway point, I think the Skins finish 10-6

    Their remaining schedule is:

    @Minnesota Vikings

    @Philly Eagles

    vs San franciso 49ers

    vs NY Giants

    vs Kansas City Chiefs

    @ Atlanta Falcons

    vs Dallas Cowboys

    @ NY Giants




    The games i see being a losses is the 49ers. The Chiefs game is winnable as most likely they won't still be undefeated because they play the Broncos twice before the Skins.


    Reasons for Optimism

    1. Griffin is shaking off rust and timidness and is begining to lead game winning drives.(last week against Chargers)

    2. Pierre Garcon is always solid and rookie TE Jordan Reed has emerged as top passing threats.

    3. Running game is picking up steam and Alfred Morris has shown when given the carries, he can wear a defense down and control the pace of the game.

    4. CB Deangelo Hall is playing lights out and is a top 4 corner in the league this year. Also rookie CB David Amerson has been solid breaking up passes in coverage and intercepting the ball.

    5. Skins defense is starting to settle in and make plays after a rough start to begin the year. That goal line stand on 3 straight downs late 4th quarter against the Chargers last week was impressive.

    6. Minnesota is 1-7 with Ponder starting at QB, the Giants, Falcons and Eagles are riddled with injuries, and the Cowboys are well......The Cowboys (4th quarter meltdown against Lions, almost losing to Vikings at home last week).


    X-Factor Which Can Derail Prediction:

    Shanahans

    As long as Mike Shanahan doesn't let his ego get the best of him (who am i kidding) and Kyle Shanahan doesn't get to creative and go away from whats proven to win games (running the ball, rolling RG3 out of the pocket so he doesn't get killed) then there is a good chance that the Skins could end up going 10-6 yet again.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,862
    vCash
    1500
    I think they have 5 games they will win in there for sure. The game against Dallas, San Fran, and KC are toss ups. If they continue to improve, all winnable. I can see them finishing 8-8 10-6.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durango, Colorado
    Posts
    3,299
    vCash
    1500
    Division games are always a tossup and the Chiefs and 49ers are better teams, plus washington has shown the ability to lose to anyone this year, so Im doubting 10-6 but who knows, the division winner will probably be 8-8 or 9-7 anyways so they dont even need to get there

    All the teams in the NFC east outside of NY have a great offense and bad D, itll be who can improve their D that will win that division, but honestly its a crapshoot, theyre all bad

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    24
    vCash
    1500
    I see possibly 1 more win. This team is miserable. RGIII can not throw the ball and the defense is atrocious.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    24
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe 2 wins if they start Cousins.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,020
    vCash
    1500
    I definitely don't see them going 10-6. So they start out 3-5 but now they've miraculously turned it around enough that they will only lose 1 more game the whole 2nd half of the season? I see them losing to the 49ers, Chiefs, and Cowboys for sure and the rest are tossup since they're are 3 other division games and a game later in the season vs the Falcons when they should have Roddy White back. The only game I see them for sure winning would be the Vikings.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    over there, no a little further
    Posts
    4,703
    vCash
    4825
    they don't need 10-6 to win the division and I think its a tad unrealistic....maybe 7-9...by your saying they will go 7-1 the rest of the way....I don't care what your schedule looks like, this is the NFL and 7-1 is really tough
    The real 99% are idiots and sheep when you post give me a reason to believe you are part of the 1%.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    they don't need 10-6 to win the division and I think its a tad unrealistic....maybe 7-9...by your saying they will go 7-1 the rest of the way....I don't care what your schedule looks like, this is the NFL and 7-1 is really tough
    More importantly, and opponents aside, what have the Redskins shown that makes anyone believe they are capable of playing at a 7-1 record regardless of opponent?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,163
    vCash
    1500
    A week divisIon might let them reach 7-9 but there's no way they don't lose at least 3 games.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    over there, no a little further
    Posts
    4,703
    vCash
    4825
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    A week divisIon might let them reach 7-9 but there's no way they don't lose at least 3 games.
    We have no idea what the Eagles even are, they are 4 -1 on the road....and have been great or pathetic....the Giants will improve and the Cowboys will fall.....that I think makes it even more unpredictable within the division.
    The real 99% are idiots and sheep when you post give me a reason to believe you are part of the 1%.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    over there, no a little further
    Posts
    4,703
    vCash
    4825
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    More importantly, and opponents aside, what have the Redskins shown that makes anyone believe they are capable of playing at a 7-1 record regardless of opponent?
    I think if you play the Jags 8 times in a row its hard to go 7 - 1....they are playing better but to answer you question nothing that indicates 7 - 1
    The real 99% are idiots and sheep when you post give me a reason to believe you are part of the 1%.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,013
    vCash
    1500
    If Josh Freeman is starting they win against the Vikings. If Christian Ponder is starting they lose.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,125
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScab View Post
    After starting the season 0-3 and 3-5 at the midway point, I think the Skins finish 10-6

    Their remaining schedule is:

    @Minnesota Vikings

    @Philly Eagles

    vs San franciso 49ers

    vs NY Giants

    vs Kansas City Chiefs

    @ Atlanta Falcons

    vs Dallas Cowboys

    @ NY Giants




    The games i see being a losses is the 49ers. The Chiefs game is winnable as most likely they won't still be undefeated because they play the Broncos twice before the Skins.


    Reasons for Optimism

    1. Griffin is shaking off rust and timidness and is begining to lead game winning drives.(last week against Chargers)

    2. Pierre Garcon is always solid and rookie TE Jordan Reed has emerged as top passing threats.

    3. Running game is picking up steam and Alfred Morris has shown when given the carries, he can wear a defense down and control the pace of the game.

    4. CB Deangelo Hall is playing lights out and is a top 4 corner in the league this year. Also rookie CB David Amerson has been solid breaking up passes in coverage and intercepting the ball.

    5. Skins defense is starting to settle in and make plays after a rough start to begin the year. That goal line stand on 3 straight downs late 4th quarter against the Chargers last week was impressive.

    6. Minnesota is 1-7 with Ponder starting at QB, the Giants, Falcons and Eagles are riddled with injuries, and the Cowboys are well......The Cowboys (4th quarter meltdown against Lions, almost losing to Vikings at home last week).


    X-Factor Which Can Derail Prediction:

    Shanahans

    As long as Mike Shanahan doesn't let his ego get the best of him (who am i kidding) and Kyle Shanahan doesn't get to creative and go away from whats proven to win games (running the ball, rolling RG3 out of the pocket so he doesn't get killed) then there is a good chance that the Skins could end up going 10-6 yet again.

    Thoughts?
    @Vikings W

    @Eagles They'll take 1 of 2

    VS 49ers L

    VS Giants See Eagles

    VS KC L

    @Atlanta W

    VS Dallas L

    @NYG W

    I have 4 more wins 4 more losses

    Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

    Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,375
    vCash
    1500
    7-8 wins max I believe

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by donovanmcnabb View Post
    I see possibly 1 more win. This team is miserable. RGIII can not throw the ball and the defense is atrocious.
    Lol I honestly believe you are actually Donovan McNabb.

    And I agree with everyone else, the Redskins have never gone 7-1 in any stretch in any recent years, no way they could pull that off.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •