After starting the season 0-3 and 3-5 at the midway point, I think the Skins finish 10-6
Their remaining schedule is:
vs San franciso 49ers
vs NY Giants
vs Kansas City Chiefs
@ Atlanta Falcons
vs Dallas Cowboys
@ NY Giants
The games i see being a losses is the 49ers. The Chiefs game is winnable as most likely they won't still be undefeated because they play the Broncos twice before the Skins.
Reasons for Optimism
1. Griffin is shaking off rust and timidness and is begining to lead game winning drives.(last week against Chargers)
2. Pierre Garcon is always solid and rookie TE Jordan Reed has emerged as top passing threats.
3. Running game is picking up steam and Alfred Morris has shown when given the carries, he can wear a defense down and control the pace of the game.
4. CB Deangelo Hall is playing lights out and is a top 4 corner in the league this year. Also rookie CB David Amerson has been solid breaking up passes in coverage and intercepting the ball.
5. Skins defense is starting to settle in and make plays after a rough start to begin the year. That goal line stand on 3 straight downs late 4th quarter against the Chargers last week was impressive.
6. Minnesota is 1-7 with Ponder starting at QB, the Giants, Falcons and Eagles are riddled with injuries, and the Cowboys are well......The Cowboys (4th quarter meltdown against Lions, almost losing to Vikings at home last week).
X-Factor Which Can Derail Prediction:
As long as Mike Shanahan doesn't let his ego get the best of him (who am i kidding) and Kyle Shanahan doesn't get to creative and go away from whats proven to win games (running the ball, rolling RG3 out of the pocket so he doesn't get killed) then there is a good chance that the Skins could end up going 10-6 yet again.