Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Gamethread: New York Knicks (1-3) @ Charlotte Bobcats (2-2): At Center, Chris Smith!

Fri, Nov 8 7:00 PM ET
    NBATV
    Time Warner Cable Arena

Your New York Knicks!

Raymond Felton / Iman shumpert / Carmelo Anthony / Primo Pasta / Kenyon Martin

Charlotte Bobcats

Kemba Walker / Gerald Henderson / MKG / Josh McRib / Big Al Jefferson

Knick Updates

Jeremy Tyler (knee) may re-sign with the Knicks once he's healthy.
    The Knicks would reportedly like to sign him and have him play in the D-League until he's ready to join the team. He's "about a month away" from playing on any level, but New York's search for competent backup big men took on new urgency when Tyson Chandler left Tuesday's game with a knee injury.
    Tyson Chandler (leg) will miss 4-6 weeks with a non-displaced fracture of his right fibula.
    The Knicks have begun the season 1-3 and they'll be skating on thin ice without their defensive anchor and leading rebounder. Amare Stoudemire and Kenyon Martin are on minute-limits and have been alternating games this year, and Tyson's injury could force New York to use Andrea Bargnani and Cole Aldrich at center. Most fantasy owners without an IR spot on the roster will be forced to drop Chandler -- there are no obvious players to pick up until he returns in early to mid-December, but K-Mart, Bargnani and Metta World Peace should each see heavier playing time.
    Iman Shumpert hit 4-of-8 shots and three 3-pointers on his way to 14 points, five rebounds, two assists and two steals in 33 minutes on Tuesday.
    J.R. Smith's suspension officially ends on Sunday after the Knicks play Charlotte again and Mike Woodson is talking about starting Smith over Shumpert in their next game. There's probably no need to drop Shumpert just yet, but owners would be wise to start making back up plans in case Smith's return ruins Shumpert's playing time.
    Hustla23 Serious Face

vCash
    Cole Aldrich the new linsanity? Let us pray.

vCash
    I'm wagering, when J.R. returns, that both he and Shump will start. Melo back to PF.

Oh, the irony.

vCash
    Well look at the bright side....instead of us getting torched from the wing players getting wide open 3 point shots...now they can just drive to the basket for easy layups ..................

......should be able to keep the score down

WORST COACH IN THE NBA!!!!! HOPEFULLY HAILING A CAB OUT OF THE CITY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Knack View Post
    I'm wagering, when J.R. returns, that both he and Shump will start. Melo back to PF.

Oh, the irony.
    H@ll as much as Woodson Likes ISO ball we should just start Shump,JR,MWP,Melo and Kmart... and for a second team we can really make Woodson happy and go a 3 PG offense!!!

WORST COACH IN THE NBA!!!!! HOPEFULLY HAILING A CAB OUT OF THE CITY!!!

vCash
    wrong thread.

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Knack View Post

Oh, the irony.
    Feel so bad for Tyson right now. He was looking solid out there. Agree with this. Do we really have any other choice? We can't defend so let's just out score our opponents .... This is gonna be a tough stretch. I'm sure some will be happy to have JR back.

vCash
    With STAT playing so poorly in limited minutes it wouldn't hurt to let him play through 20+ minutes and see if you can regain some form at center with Chandler out. If STAT re-injures his knee it's not like he was offering much as a healthy body on the bench anyway. Basically, we have no replacement for Chandler and need to gamble here. The Atlantic division title has already been forfeited to Brooklyn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GM930 View Post
    With STAT playing so poorly in limited minutes it wouldn't hurt to let him play through 20+ minutes and see if you can regain some form at center with Chandler out. If STAT re-injures his knee it's not like he was offering much as a healthy body on the bench anyway. Basically, we have no replacement for Chandler and need to gamble here. The Atlantic division title has already been forfeited to Brooklyn.

So far we are only 1 game back of Brooklyn in the loss column and 2 back of Philly. There is a lot of basketball yet to be played. Take nothing for granted, even sucking.

We may benefit from some of the better teams not taking us as seriously because of Tyson being out.

I for one think this is going to help Woodson by giving him fewer options and allow him to focus on a solid rotation and better defined roles. I also think that Cole Aldrich can provide solid defense/shot blocking/rebounding in 15-20 minutes per game.

vCash
    oh well the Bobcats just beat the Raps. Anyone think that TMath will show up?
    Last edited by BigBlueCrew; 11-06-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    I hope JR is committed to the team now...he admitted that the playoffs last year was on him ...and this early season 1-4 start he contributed to as well.

LOL...I aready have Charlotte winning Friday.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    oh well the Bobcats just beat the Raps. Anyone think that TMath will show up?
    Sup!

I'm glad we lost. The more losses we get, the sooner our coach will be fired, the closer we get to a top pick. Seriously, you think Woodson is bad, Casey is on another level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Sup!

I'm glad we lost. The more losses we get, the sooner our coach will be fired, the closer we get to a top pick. Seriously, you think Woodson is bad, Casey is on another level.
    Lol u really showed up

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    Woodson needs to learn some voodoo or something.

vCash
    I feel like this team will come together in the absence of Chandler and win this game.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast