0 0%
  • Washington Huskies

0 0%
  • Washington State Cougars

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pac-12 Basketball Thread 2013-14

Basketball starts this Friday with the Oregon Ducks playing Georgetown in South Korea! Post any Pac-12 basketball related stuff in this thread.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Unfortunately Oregon won't have Dominic Artis and Ben Carter for Georgetown. Both were suspended for selling team shoes. They'll be out for around 9 games, but it could be less. May cost us, but I'm hopeful Oregon can find a way to win without them. It should help to have a player like Joseph Young that can score without the ball in his hands. That will lessen the potential problems of not having Artis run the point.

vCash
    Arizona didn't play to their full potential tonight but ill take the W. Hopefully they can put it all together this year. They're definitely a talented bunch. Bear Down!
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Arizona didn't play to their full potential tonight but ill take the W. Hopefully they can put it all together this year. They're definitely a talented bunch. Bear Down!
    It sounds like Aaron Gordon played really well. He's going to be awesome for your team. The key to Arizona realizing their potential is McConnell. If he can be a great point guard, then Arizona could win it all if things break your way in the tournament. If he is simply average, then I could see Oregon pushing them in the Pac-12. However, Arizona has a massive advantage in the front court. Oregon had no answer for Josh Smith in the Georgetown game, and Gordon, Ashley, and Tarczewski can definitely take advantage of that flaw.

Anyways, it was great to see Oregon beat Georgetown despite not having Artis and Ben Carter. Loyd is going to run the point just fine in Artis' absence. It may cause Oregon to split the Ole Miss/Illinois games later in non-conference play, but I think Oregon can win both games. Joseph Young is a star, and probably the best player Oregon has had since Aaron Brooks. Mike Moser looks like a perfect fit in the Altman system as well. He is going to hit that high-post jumper which will help when Oregon isn't hitting threes. It's also impressive that Oregon was able to control the game even with Dotson doing absolutely nothing.

It should be a great season of Pac-12 basketball. This is the best the conference has been in awhile. Arizona and Oregon appear to be the class of the conference, but Colorado and Cal could definitely play their way into the conversation. UCLA didn't play great versus Drexel, but I still think they have a lot of talent. Their depth could be a big problem though. Then you factor in that teams like Arizona State and Stanford have talent, and you are looking at 5-plus NCAA tournament bid league. It's great to see the conference returning to prominence after some dreadful years where even the conference champ didn't get into the tourney one year.

vCash
    I think Joseph Young is the best player Oregon has had since Aaron Brooks. Once Dominic Artis and Ben Carter return, I really think the sky is the limit for this team. Oregon is very weak inside, but our guards are unbelievable.

vCash
    Great game by the Wildcats tonight. Pretty pumped we beat the Parker led Blue Devils.

vCash
    Down goes MSU. Let's take care of business vs UNLV and take over #1

Not Even Fair #BTFD

vCash
    Wildcats #1 baby. Hopefully they don't let it get to their head and they continue to play focused.

vCash
    Wildcats #1 baby. Hopefully they don't let it get to their head and they continue to play focused.
    PAC 12 lookin strong

My Buffs takin down Kansas today
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    PAC 12 lookin strong

My Buffs takin down Kansas today
    I watched the last 5 minutes of that game, awesome finish. Idk about anyone else but Wiggins hasn't really wowed me. The hype he has received, though not his fault, is definitely looking premature.

vCash
    Yeah, the Pac-12 is back to being a legitimate power conference. Should be a wild year, and it's nice to see great basketball from this conference once again.

vCash
    Big win by that Cats! Played like **** in the first half but put it together in the second half. Bear down!

vCash
    Big win by that Cats! Played like **** in the first half but put it together in the second half. Bear down!
    Very nice win in a tough environment. Arizona's supreme talent eventually won out, and Nick Johnson was crucial down the stretch. Great for the Pac-12 as well. The Pac-12 is performing very well out of conference, and that bodes well come selection Sunday.

Oregon has a game in Portland tonight versus Illinois. I think we should win, but Illinois isn't a pushover. Hopefully Young can get going early, and our post defense and rebounding is better than it was versus Ole Miss. However, Ole Miss was on-fire all night long, and Oregon still found a way to win on the road. Thankfully Illinois probably doesn't have a player of Marshall Henderson's caliber.

vCash

Pac-12 Basketball Thread 2013-14

I love the makeup of Oregons team. They all have roles and play them well. Of course Arizona is the deepest and most talented team, but the PAC 12 is looking good this year

Grizz: Titans: UK BBall: APSU BBall:
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    15-0! Bear Down!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast