Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

If The Mets Don't Do Anything In The Off-Season....

Will we hear talks of a possible force out of ownership(ala Dodgers)?
    A new commissioner will step in by 2015, so coming off three years of operating like a small market franchise, will we hear rumors of the Wilpons being forced out next off-season?
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    They will add some players, so it will not happen.

vCash
    I doubt that the commish is going to step in. We're going to have to boycott... or something. I dunno.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    A new commissioner will step in by 2015, so coming off three years of operating like a small market franchise, will we hear rumors of the Wilpons being forced out next off-season?
    The answer to your question is...what the **** is wrong with you?

Do you really think they will do nothing? Do you really think the FO will just bring back the team they ended the season with?

Do you really think that? I mean seriously, do you? If the answer to these questions is "yes" then I have only one more question.

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU?

I am Magoo, and I approve of this post.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I doubt that the commish is going to step in. We're going to have to boycott... or something. I dunno.
    Wouldn't matter much and like Sick said they'll bring in players this offseason.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-06-2013 at 01:23 AM.

vCash
    Nope.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    The Mets are doing "something". They're scraping the bottom of the barrel from the getgo.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/05/mets-ha...-at-shortstop/

Mets have interest in Rafael Furcal at shortstop

By Mike Puma

November 5, 2013 | 3:07pm

The Mets are hoping for an upgrade at shortstop and view Rafael Furcal as a potential match.

According to an industry source, the Mets are among the five to six teams that have expressed interest in the veteran shortstop, who missed all of last season with the Cardinals recovering from Tommy John surgery.

The 36-year-old Furcal last played in the major leagues for the Cardinals in 2012, when he batted .264 with five homers and 49 RBIs and was selected to the NL All-Star team.

Stephen Drew and Jhonny Peralta are maybe the two most intriguing shortstop options on the free-agent market, but the Mets would likely receive significant competition in a pursuit for either player. Furcal could be Plan C.

Drew received a qualifying offer from the Red Sox on Monday, but that would not prevent the Mets from pursuing him, because the team has a protected first-round draft selection for next season and would not have to forfeit that pick for such a signing.

Additionally, general manager Sandy Alderson has indicated a willingness to surrender a second-round pick to sign a player who received a qualifying offer.

Peralta did not receive a qualifying offer from the Tigers and could be a more realistic target for the Mets than Drew, who is represented by Scott Boras — an agent known to wait out the market...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    The Mets are doing "something". They're scraping the bottom of the barrel from the getgo.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/05/mets-ha...-at-shortstop/
    01. Leave no stone unturned.
    02. "Expressed interest"
    03. Additionally, general manager Sandy Alderson has indicated a willingness to surrender a second-round pick to sign a player who received a qualifying offer.

Mets may be unimpressed with Peralta's possible 10-year history of using PEDs. Drew may ask for and get 5 years, or may have no interest in the Mets. Also, they may give Tejada one more chance. Fans have thrown him under the bus after just 208 ABs last year. probably the same fans that threw Pagan under a bus and then whined like children that the Mets traded him.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Rich Coutinho @coutinho9
    Lets not overreact to every player Mets speak to--they're gonna speak to tons of player agents--very early in the process

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    If the team starts winning -- that is the plan -- you'll be there. Ownership is willing to spend. It will be up to the GM to make quality decisions.

vCash
    I wish that is my dream scenario.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Dugmet;27354294]01. Leave no stone unturned.
    02. "Expressed interest"
    03. Additionally, general manager Sandy Alderson has indicated a willingness to surrender a second-round pick to sign a player who received a qualifying offer.

Those are talking points and Sandy has done them since he has arrived. But the fact of the matter is he has not improved this team in 3 years and you guys keep giving him a mulligan.

vCash
    They will sign a Mike Baxter type player to replace Mike Baxter.

vCash
    I share this fear with you OP. Obviously, we all know that they are not going to sign "nobody", but I would say that the last three years were the equivalent of signing nobody, and I am afraid that we will have more of the same. This year's FA class is so thin on premier talent, that if we strike out on the top tier guys, its a big drop to the next tier of FA's. So, if we do not sign one of the top 4-5 guys, or trade for someone of that caliber, I will look at that as doing nothing.
    Last edited by DirtyJerZ; 11-06-2013 at 09:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    01. Leave no stone unturned.
    02. "Expressed interest"

Mets may be unimpressed with Peralta's possible 10-year history of using PEDs. Drew may ask for and get 5 years, or may have no interest in the Mets. Also, they may give Tejada one more chance. Fans have thrown him under the bus after just 208 ABs last year. probably the same fans that threw Pagan under a bus and then whined like children that the Mets traded him.
    I see you're back to slamming Mets fans again. You'd kept a lid on your natural instinct to do that for a little while. Heaven forbid you should criticize the Wilpons who keep trotting out inferior talent, or even the players themselves. To you the problem is Mets fans who react to the destruction of the team.

If your remark about Pagan is directed at me, might I present a thread I started predicting Pagan would rebound a year in advance.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-off-quot-year

I blasted that trade for what it was - a salary dump. The Mets have sacrificed almost every good player they had apparently so your beloved Wilpons can recoup the stolen Madoff money that filled dozens and dozens of their bank accounts. You must be so proud of Fred.
    Last edited by Coupon; 11-06-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast