Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Did MM ever say why he didn't review the sideline pass?

I figured that was a no brainer review. There was a slim chance that it would be overturned but if it was, the game turns around and the Packers might have been able to get in scoring position. They didn't need the timeout or the challenge.

vCash
    Doesn't matter anymore. Just listened to both his pressers and he didn't say anything about it and non of the reporters asked him about it.

What i hate is that it almost felt like the refs were influenced by the Bears' sideline. Looked like 1 ref called it a catch and another said no catch. He should have reviewed it but he didn't. It sucks but oh well.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Because *fat jokes*
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

vCash
    no he didn't but he should have, it got swept under the rug but i'm still po'd about it, that was a huge ******* up on his part, they were going to be in scoring position with the catch, and given that scoring was going to be an issue for us, he should've challenged it, I really believe it was a completely conclusive catch, he bobbled at first, but then secured it, ball did not move, two feet in and maintained possession throughout the process, no excuse for not getting that right especially at home with the big screen showing him exactly what we saw, even Chucky said he'd challenge it! that would've been a huge play in the game, I still can't believe he didn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GB Football Fan View Post
    no he didn't but he should have, it got swept under the rug but i'm still po'd about it, that was a huge ******* up on his part, they were going to be in scoring position with the catch, and given that scoring was going to be an issue for us, he should've challenged it, I really believe it was a completely conclusive catch, he bobbled at first, but then secured it, ball did not move, two feet in and maintained possession throughout the process, no excuse for not getting that right especially at home with the big screen showing him exactly what we saw, even Chucky said he'd challenge it! that would've been a huge play in the game, I still can't believe he didn't.
    Especially from McCarthy. Dude always is quick on the flag. I thought FOR SURE it was coming out.

Then again, Vegas forced him to do it. Rodgers to fake injury, and Seneca to take sacks and ensure a loss or their families would die. So I can't blame him.
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

vCash
    lol probably... weird he didn't as he's a fast flag puller for sure...picked an inopportune time to change his emotionally driven challenges

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Doesn't matter anymore. Just listened to both his pressers and he didn't say anything about it and non of the reporters asked him about it.

What i hate is that it almost felt like the refs were influenced by the Bears' sideline. Looked like 1 ref called it a catch and another said no catch. He should have reviewed it but he didn't. It sucks but oh well.
    From the replays, it looked like the ref on the side with the better view called it a catch but let himself be talked out of it. If ever a call needed to be challenged, that was one. It was very difficult to see both the ball and the knee at the same time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    From the replays, it looked like the ref on the side with the better view called it a catch but let himself be talked out of it. If ever a call needed to be challenged, that was one. It was very difficult to see both the ball and the knee at the same time.
    That seemed to be exactly what happened IIRC. This dude comes running in doing the bobbling thing to overrule when he was farther away. I was just like :|

vCash
    Yeah Vegas screwed me by making Rodgers get hurt I didn't cover my 10 points but I got the under so it was a split, sorry Vegas.

vCash
    Wait till we find out the NFL is actually fixed... I bet you guys wont be joking about it then.

vCash
    If the NFL is indeed fixed, I hope they fixed it for us to win it all again.

Green Bay Packers
    Phoenix Suns
    Phoenix Coyotes
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    UofA Wildcats
    Real Madrid

vCash
    With all three TO and a little over 4 minutes left... should have challenged it for sure. Anytime Wallace gets something going, you have to do everything you can to keep it going. Not to mention the defense was shaky all night. Had it been reversed, GB could have easily gotten a FG and kept Chicago from getting that 3 points before halftime. 6 point swing.

McCarthy always seems to struggle with challenges though.. he's not Lovie Smith bad, but he's below average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TC119 View Post
    With all three TO and a little over 4 minutes left... should have challenged it for sure. Anytime Wallace gets something going, you have to do everything you can to keep it going. Not to mention the defense was shaky all night. Had it been reversed, GB could have easily gotten a FG and kept Chicago from getting that 3 points before halftime. 6 point swing.

McCarthy always seems to struggle with challenges though.. he's not Lovie Smith bad, but he's below average.
    Over the 2010 and 2011 season MM had the 7th best record among coaches that challeneged at least 15 times. He was right about 50% both years which was a little above middle of the pack(If you go to 10 challenges MM is 12th in the NFL which has about every coach). I do believe MM messed up by not throwing the challenge flag on that play but rarely you see that happen. I constantly see other coaches holding onto the flag when they shouldn't so I'm pretty happy with MM in that regard. A few times I think he throws the flag because of emotions but he has cut way back on that in recent years. Overall MM is at worst average at challenges based on all the numbers. He throws the flag quite a bit more than the average coach and has a little above average success rate.

BTW from the numbers I've seen Lovie(43% from 09-11 with 21 challenges) has been below average but it can be worse like Turner in SD. Turner had a 17% success rate from 09-11. Of his 3 wins 2 came in 1 year on 4 challenges.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 11-07-2013 at 06:48 PM.

vCash
    In 09 he was sixth in success rate. I wish I could just find a site that had all the years together instead of digging through sites to find them. So actually from 09-11 MM had exactly a 50% success rate. At least he is consistent.

Another factor is on the road vs at Home. At home they will show the play very fast on the huge screen. Away they will not plus if I remember right there was something last year or the year before about the home team not even getting the video to GB's coaches in the box so it was nearly impossible to know what to do. It's on the coaches to challenge but a lot is on the people communicating with him in the box that have the screen right in front of them. I wish I could hear what MM was told on that play last weekend. It was on the Bears sideline so isn't like MM had an angle from where he was standing. You think the big screen would of shown all he needed to see though but I wasn't there so IDK.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 11-07-2013 at 05:59 PM.

vCash
    no idea. he definetly should have
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast