Houston @ Portland

We win because of TRob beasting his old squad

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn
    Sack Total: 18 Forced Fumbles: 7 Touchdowns: 1

vCash
    I can smell 3-1!

vCash
    Getting Houston on a Back to Back and in home is the best way to defeat them. Bring the defense and make it rain. If we can get out of the gates early and sucker punch them, then they will fold. They still are trying to build their chemistry and will be tired after their lose last night. I hated our starting schedule but the next four after this game are just about as easy as they come. Sac home, Sac Away, Pistons and Suns (a little revenge in store) at home. Thats 3 home games and 3 teams that shouldn't make the playoffs. We could be sitting at 7-1 or at least 6-2. I will take that start.
    So Say We All!!!

vCash
    Houston looks like they are slightly outplaying us so far, but I think portland will hang in there, and then outplay houston once it gets later in the game and houston starts getting tired.

vCash
    Looks like Meyers is in and not being helpful. Why isn't someone else in? Looks really one sided in Houston's favor with these lineups.

vCash
    Hard Rockets defense, but Meyers got the ball and Dwight dared him to shoot. I guess they don't realize that is one of his best skills.

vCash
    These refs seem to be calling heavily in Houston's favor. I'm streaming the game in not great quality so it is hard to tell how valid the calls are, just hearing a lot against the Blazers.

vCash
    Harden is one helluva actor. He sold so many phantom fouls, and he does this consistently. Although it is frustrating when your team gets burned by it, I'd still like to see players like Lillard get this skill. When Portland went cold, they weren't able to get easy buckets. One way to overcome this is by getting to the free throw line. If Lillard could become a consistent factor in getting to the line, it would help this team a ton.

The other issue was having no answer for Dwight Howard. Thankfully not many teams have a guy like Howard, but Lopez has to manage his fouls better in future matchups (although some were questionable calls).
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    To me momentum seemed like a huge factor in this game. Houston played well the whole game, but Portland answered strong many times. The issue was something would always happen to kill that momentum. In a lot of ways it is impressive that Portland stayed in it for the whole game.

I saw Batum quoted as saying our wings have to defend better too in order to stop paint scoring. It isn't just Lopez. Looks to be a good sign that they are looking at ways to improve rather than just moving on and hoping for better luck.

Right now Portland seems like they are comparable or slightly behind a lot of the top teams in the west. To put us over the top to be a championship team we would either need to develop elite chemistry, or have one more player start showing up big consistently. That could be T rob or CJ or Leonard or Wright or one of the other players we already have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matt800 View Post
    To me momentum seemed like a huge factor in this game. Houston played well the whole game, but Portland answered strong many times. The issue was something would always happen to kill that momentum. In a lot of ways it is impressive that Portland stayed in it for the whole game.

I saw Batum quoted as saying our wings have to defend better too in order to stop paint scoring. It isn't just Lopez. Looks to be a good sign that they are looking at ways to improve rather than just moving on and hoping for better luck.

Right now Portland seems like they are comparable or slightly behind a lot of the top teams in the west. To put us over the top to be a championship team we would either need to develop elite chemistry, or have one more player start showing up big consistently. That could be T rob or CJ or Leonard or Wright or one of the other players we already have.
    Well hopefully T Rob gets some more minutes and CJ comes back healthy and "hungry" as LA puts it. We need to play better defensively that really goes with out saying. I think that will be the key as you put it matt. This team needs to have a surprise player step forward and contribute in crucial times when we need a lift and either T Rob or CJ could accomplish it. Looking forward to watching how this team devolopes going forward.
    Last edited by Rhino; 11-07-2013 at 04:29 AM.

vCash
    Looks like we need a Center for either RoLo to Backup or for the center to backup RoLo cuz Leonard won't do much
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

SUPERBOWL 48 CHAMPS
    L.O.B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Well hopefully T Rob gets some more minutes and CJ comes back healthy and "hungry" as LA puts it. We need to play better defensively that really goes with out saying. I think that will be the key as you put it matt. This team needs to have a surprise player step forward and contribute in crucial times when we need a lift and either T Rob or CJ could accomplish it. Looking forward to watching how this team devolopes going forward.
    Yeah, I agree. It is fair to say that T Rob and CJ both have the potential to be special players.

I think we will all be surprised with what Portland accomplishes. The team mentality is dialed in, and that should push them farther than we might assume. Should be a fun season to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryder78c View Post
    Looks like we need a Center for either RoLo to Backup or for the center to backup RoLo cuz Leonard won't do much
    While that would be nice, our wings also need to do a better job defending. If our wings cut off lanes better then Lopez will start looking better. Freeland has done a decent job as a back up but I think he is hurt at the moment. Leonard is questionable at this point, but has the potential to at least be able to carry his weight this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast