Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

IGT: Philadelphia Flyers at Carolina Hurricanes

Time: 7:30pm
    Place: PNC Arena

News & Notes:

- Lecavalier will play with half shield
    - Mason vs. Peters in net; Peters has lost 5 straight, 9 straight dating back to last season
    - McGinn will play in place of Rosehill on 4th line
    - Gill and Meszaros will play meaning Luke Schenn will once again be a healthy scratch
    - Flyers are going back to original PP unit from last season; Hartnell-Giroux-Simmonds up front with Voracek and Timonen playing points; 2nd PP unit will feature Lecavalier, Schenn, Couturier, Read, and Streit
    - Carolina comes into tonight with only 1 win at home, a 2-1 victory over the Flyers that preceeded the firing of Peter Laviolette

vCash
    And so it begins...the week of utter importance. So much will be determined about this team this week, especially the direction management will go moving forward.

Honestly, there are only two things I would prefer to see tonight. One; The Flyers absolutely explode offensively. A 6-1 win or something like that would be a huge boost. Especially if Giroux is able to come away with at least one goal and multiple points. The Hurricanes are a team we should beat pretty bad IF this team plays to its supposed potential that's on paper.

If that doesn't happen I would almost prefer the opposite. I would be happy to see the Flyers fail to score more than 2 goals again, and would be fine with them struggling all week. I know that sounds crazy, but I'm sick of being in limbo with this team. Are we good? Are we bad? Are we going to breakout offensively? Who should we trade? What pieces do we need to bring in? Do we really need offense that bad? I wouldn't mind this team losing every game this week scoring no more than 2 goals per and giving up no more than 3 per. It would simply help answer some of those questions and help bring us out of the grey area we're sort of in right now.

G H O S T B E A R

vCash
    pretty fair amount of people on twitter predicting Giroux scores tonight, no real idea why.

just find it curious..

vCash
    curious question for everyone thats going to be in this game thread tonight...

Tonights game is on NBCSN as well as local CSN. Assuming NBCSN is Mike Emrick, do you watch NBCSN to hear him and a neutral viewpoint of our team? Or do you stick with JJ, Jones (or Clement) and Coates on CSN?

vCash
    I usually stick with JJ. Frankly I just like his voice and the way he calls the game.

Sometimes I do flip during intermission, though, to get their perspective on the period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    I usually stick with JJ. Frankly I just like his voice and the way he calls the game.

Sometimes I do flip during intermission, though, to get their perspective on the period.

It always bothers me how JJ calls every single defensive move as a "check". If someone on Carolina swats their stick and knocks the puck off Giroux, JJ will say "and he is checked". EVERYTHING is a check with him

vCash
    Emerick isn't doing the NBCSN broadcast. Thank God. I can't stand him for some reason. I have it on at work down in Virginia so I can only watch it on NBCSN. The viewpoints are pretty good. One thing they keep saying is that despite struggling we're still not nearly out of it. One win puts us right back in the hunt with the Rangers, Islanders, Capitals, etc.

G H O S T B E A R

vCash
    Good thing they worked so much on the PP in pregames.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    Christ Couturier. Wide. The. ****. Open. Net.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Christ Couturier. Wide. The. ****. Open. Net.
    you cant blame him for missing a one timer shot off a bouncing puck. All accuracy is lost there and its strictly luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    you cant blame him for missing a one timer shot off a bouncing puck. All accuracy is lost there and its strictly luck.
    He could have put a better shot on that. That was a putrid attempt. Or if it was that bad of a bouncer, try to corral it and use Peter's over commitment to the possible one time to your advantage.

Either way, a less than impressive offensive attempt.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    Mason has two wonderful saves.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    There was literally nothing Couts could do on that but hope it went in. That puck was on edge the entire play. I can't even believe Read was able to make a pass.

Peters has made a few great stops so far too. BUT Mason has been ridiculous. Absolute steals.

G H O S T B E A R

vCash
    Mason yet again keeping this team in games.

Grows more and more dumbfounding by the game how this team can finally get what its been lacking since Pelle and STILL be an incomplete team.

vCash
    NBCSN deciding to not show the 2nd period?...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast