- Lecavalier will play with half shield
- Mason vs. Peters in net; Peters has lost 5 straight, 9 straight dating back to last season
- McGinn will play in place of Rosehill on 4th line
- Gill and Meszaros will play meaning Luke Schenn will once again be a healthy scratch
- Flyers are going back to original PP unit from last season; Hartnell-Giroux-Simmonds up front with Voracek and Timonen playing points; 2nd PP unit will feature Lecavalier, Schenn, Couturier, Read, and Streit
- Carolina comes into tonight with only 1 win at home, a 2-1 victory over the Flyers that preceeded the firing of Peter Laviolette
And so it begins...the week of utter importance. So much will be determined about this team this week, especially the direction management will go moving forward.
Honestly, there are only two things I would prefer to see tonight. One; The Flyers absolutely explode offensively. A 6-1 win or something like that would be a huge boost. Especially if Giroux is able to come away with at least one goal and multiple points. The Hurricanes are a team we should beat pretty bad IF this team plays to its supposed potential that's on paper.
If that doesn't happen I would almost prefer the opposite. I would be happy to see the Flyers fail to score more than 2 goals again, and would be fine with them struggling all week. I know that sounds crazy, but I'm sick of being in limbo with this team. Are we good? Are we bad? Are we going to breakout offensively? Who should we trade? What pieces do we need to bring in? Do we really need offense that bad? I wouldn't mind this team losing every game this week scoring no more than 2 goals per and giving up no more than 3 per. It would simply help answer some of those questions and help bring us out of the grey area we're sort of in right now.
curious question for everyone thats going to be in this game thread tonight...
Tonights game is on NBCSN as well as local CSN. Assuming NBCSN is Mike Emrick, do you watch NBCSN to hear him and a neutral viewpoint of our team? Or do you stick with JJ, Jones (or Clement) and Coates on CSN?
I usually stick with JJ. Frankly I just like his voice and the way he calls the game.
Sometimes I do flip during intermission, though, to get their perspective on the period.
It always bothers me how JJ calls every single defensive move as a "check". If someone on Carolina swats their stick and knocks the puck off Giroux, JJ will say "and he is checked". EVERYTHING is a check with him
Emerick isn't doing the NBCSN broadcast. Thank God. I can't stand him for some reason. I have it on at work down in Virginia so I can only watch it on NBCSN. The viewpoints are pretty good. One thing they keep saying is that despite struggling we're still not nearly out of it. One win puts us right back in the hunt with the Rangers, Islanders, Capitals, etc.