Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

James Dolan flips out on 1-2 Knicks, even cracks down on the dancers

We know of at least one person taking James Dolan seriously when the boss says he expects the Knicks to win the NBA championship this year.

That person? Well of course, James Dolan.

The media-shy chairman of Madison Square Garden was conspicuously missing from his baseline seat during most of the second quarter of Sunday’s lethargic loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves. And for good reason.

According to several sources, Dolan was ready to erupt after the Knicks surrendered 40 first-quarter points and as the deficit ballooned to 23 Dolan went hunting for Steve Mills, the team’s new president and general manager.

That Mills isn’t responsible for either the roster or the coaching staff didn’t matter. With Dolan the facts rarely matter. The boss needed to vent and found Mills in a suite.

That’s one of the perks of being the boss. You get to assign blame to whomever you choose. So on this night, it was left to Mills to talk Dolan down from the MSG Chase Bridge.

On the one hand, I applaud Dolan for being appalled. It’s nice to know someone in a position of power found the Knicks’ performance unacceptable.

Dolan could have easily just sat there on Sunday yukking it up with the actress seated to his left, “Saturday Night Live” alum Kristen Wiig. (In the final preseason game, Dolan’s guest was actress Olivia Munn. That’s another perk of being the boss.) Dolan, though, wants results and he wants them now. - See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl....ZEZcqAGl.dpuf

vCash
    Dolan seems to be taking on more and more of the terrible qualities of George Steinbrenner without the good qualities -- like delivering championships!

Winning one with him as owner seems practically impossible.

vCash
    He must be on that white again.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44:27348318
    Lmfao.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    I think Dolan hate's Bargnani as much as the next man.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

vCash
    This guy....

vCash
    ...So ....... let me get this right......because it's Dolan going off (like almost everyone in this forum was- go back and look in the gamethread in the 1st Q).. he is worthy of and everything else??

Don't get me wrong.. I hate him as much as the next guy.. but.. h@ll I am glad he is going off a bit... he has more right than any of us(we don't pay the bills), and we are already calling for firings and benchings

maybe him going off will light a fire under some of the coaches and players... because they sure look like they can use it!!!

...as for the Dancers... Dolan leave them alone!!

WORST COACH IN THE NBA!!!!! HOPEFULLY HAILING A CAB OUT OF THE CITY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    ...So ....... let me get this right......because it's Dolan going off (like almost everyone in this forum was- go back and look in the gamethread in the 1st Q).. he is worthy of and everything else??

Don't get me wrong.. I hate him as much as the next guy.. but.. h@ll I am glad he is going off a bit... he has more right than any of us(we don't pay the bills), and we are already calling for firings and benchings

maybe him going off will light a fire under some of the coaches and players... because they sure look like they can use it!!!

...as for the Dancers... Dolan leave them alone!!
    I felt exactly the same way as Dolan. I was not happy and watching dancers celebrate after that garbage would have made me even more irate.

Unhappy Dolan with championship expectations is exactly what we want. That hunger and desire has to start from the top down. Look at sports across the board: winning teams have winning cultures that start with ownership and the front office and filters down through the organization.

vCash
    He has gotten ripped in the past for not caring about winning. I kind of like this. That 1st quater performance was embarrassing.

vCash
    i love everything about Dolan. The idiot writer says Dolan went looking for Steve Mills and led readers to believe he wanted to chew him out about the teams performance when i highly doubt that was the case. For one, Mills didnt put the team together and for 2) When you're pissed off, like most of us were, you call for peoples heads. Im of the opinion he went to Mills to tell him to find a way to get rid of X player or for Mills to go trade for X player. Mills is the GM and his job is to acquire talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_team_1_dream View Post
    So on this night, it was left to Mills to talk Dolan down from the MSG Chase Bridge.
    Something tells me that nobody would stop him from jumping.

vCash
    I'm glad he flipped out. Fire and leadership comes from the top down. I'd be more pissed if he sat there having a good time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trout1627 View Post
    I'm glad he flipped out. Fire and leadership comes from the top down. I'd be more pissed if he sat there having a good time.
    exactly the reason he should step aside.

oh well. itll never happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post

As much as I hate Dolan, I'm glad to see some passion from the guy. It's too bad that sorta passion leads to franchise-debilitating trades that take decades to recover from.

vCash
    Anyone else happy about this? Maybe Dolan actually cares

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast