Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What happens in this game?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 19 67.86%
  • Bears Lose

6 21.43%
  • Lions Lose

13 46.43%
  • Tie

3 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 10: (5-3) BEARS vs (5-3) LIONS (11/10, 12:00 CT)

vCash
    That McCown interview on ESPN after the game was some emotional stuff lol.. I really feel for the guy, never got an opportunity and now it might be too late for him because of his age

vCash
    Not to be negative...... but not very optimistic bout this one...

I have a feeling Jay is trying to come back too early from his injury, because he's trying to get himself a contract. McCown playing so well, arguably puts even more pressure on Jay, who may feel a bit threatened.

That said, McCown has been playing very well, and should probably start vs Detroit, if Jay is anything less than 100%.... Biggest fear for this game, honestly is that Jay comes back before he's really ready, and gets hurt again.

Regardless of which QB is under center, the big issue here is that I simply don't trust our defense to stop Detroit's offense.... We barely managed to stay ahead of a crippled Packers team, that had literally -zero- passing game tonight. Jay coming back is all fine and good, especially if it gives us a better shot at winning this -very- crucial game, but the reality is, the big change that needs to happen for us to win next week has to happen DEFENSIVELY. And I have no real confidence in our defense. Detroit should win this.

vCash
    Detroit is definitely beatable. We made it close last time in Detroit despite Cutler turning over the ball a ton.

If we play a clean game I don't see why we can't beat them, especially if the pass rush keeps up their new found magic. Not to mention a win here puts us firmly in the driving seat of the division and wild card.
    Last edited by Ron!n; 11-05-2013 at 04:00 AM.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    Who's going to the game? This guy is!!! I hope one of you guys in the fantasy league are going... we'll get drunk and offer each other kickers for best players haha BEARDOWN

He is the most interesting CB in the world.

vCash
    Btw every time I think of yesterday's game I get a nice and fuzzy feeling.

Can't believe we beat GB at Lambeau with our backup QB. And I don't care what it took to get that win.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Btw every time I think of yesterday's game I get a nice and fuzzy feeling.

Can't believe we beat GB at Lambeau with our backup QB. And I don't care what it took to get that win.
    Last time we won in Lambeau was with our backup QB too, Brian Griese...holy crap that's sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    Not to be negative...... but not very optimistic bout this one...

I have a feeling Jay is trying to come back too early from his injury, because he's trying to get himself a contract. McCown playing so well, arguably puts even more pressure on Jay, who may feel a bit threatened.

That said, McCown has been playing very well, and should probably start vs Detroit, if Jay is anything less than 100%.... Biggest fear for this game, honestly is that Jay comes back before he's really ready, and gets hurt again.

Regardless of which QB is under center, the big issue here is that I simply don't trust our defense to stop Detroit's offense.... We barely managed to stay ahead of a crippled Packers team, that had literally -zero- passing game tonight. Jay coming back is all fine and good, especially if it gives us a better shot at winning this -very- crucial game, but the reality is, the big change that needs to happen for us to win next week has to happen DEFENSIVELY. And I have no real confidence in our defense. Detroit should win this.
    If we limit the mistakes I don't see how we can't beat Detroit. They're not that good IMO.

vCash
    I would typically laugh at the meatheads saying the Bears should leave McCown in there over Jay, but I've got to say, it sounds appealing.

I think Jay is trying to come back from his injury too fast, which is why ultimately I think it'll be Trestman that pumps the brakes on him coming back so fast. Then again, I could be wrong and Jay could be named the starter for Sunday tomorrow or the following day.

Good problem to have when your backup QB has your offense clicking. My only real gripe about Jay is he's never been a quarterback to lead his receivers or throw them open, he relies on his arm strength to make up for that anticipation. There was a couple of throws tonight in which McCown led his receivers and good things happened.

Bear ****ing Down, God Bless Mike Ditka.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Where's bb? Said the packers didn't need Rodgers to win.....

Also the mccown interview w espn was gold. They tried to bait him into a qb controversy and he just sat back said its jays team he's just the back up and what not. Awesome.

vCash
    A win over Detroit would be so sweet
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    If Jay's injury could get worse, I don't think they'd let him play. Josh McCown has played extremely well, and he's earned every penny of his paycheck this year for the last two games alone. But this team isn't going anywhere without Cutler in the long-run, he's the guy, and if he can start without any worries of getting injured further, he should play. Period.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 11-05-2013 at 08:35 AM.

vCash
    What I do think this should end is everyone complaining about our backup QB situation. Heck, lock McCown up for 2 or 3 seasons after this if possible. I don't care how old he is, he can play haha

vCash
    Today is going to be fun.

vCash
    Vacuuming out these traps around indy is kicking my ***.

Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast