Rebounds:           DeMarcus Cousins - 10.3      Al Horford - 12.3
    Assists:            Isaiah Thomas - 4.7          Jeff Teague - 8.3
    Blocks:             DeMarcus Cousins - 1.3       Al Horford - 2.0
    Steals:             DeMarcus Cousins - 2.7       Jeff Teague - 2.3
    Field Goal %:       Isaiah Thomas - 50.0         Elton Brand - 71.4
    3-Point %:          Isaiah Thomas - 54.5         Kyle Korver - 66.7

Key Matchup

DeMarcus Cousins vs Al Horford
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I think we should be able to win this one.

vCash

Exclamation Kings haven't beat the Hawks in 10 games!

I can't believe the Kings have that long of a losing streak against the Hawks. I didn't even realize!

After a sluggish start in their last game, the Atlanta Hawks know they need to come out strong from the get-go.

A matchup against the Sacramento Kings could be just what they need to regroup.

Hoping to snap their worst road start in six seasons, the Hawks go for an 11th consecutive win over the Kings on Tuesday night.

Atlanta (1-2) opened a three-game road swing with Sunday's 105-103 defeat to the Los Angeles Lakers. Kyle Korver had 22 points on 8-of-10 shooting, going 6 of 6 from 3-point range, as the Hawks erased a 21-point deficit before coming up short.

"We can't put ourselves in that situation, to always climb uphill," said forward Paul Millsap, whose team entered the second quarter down 33-22. "We have to do a better job of starting the game off."

The Hawks are 0-2 on the road for the first time since opening 0-4 in 2007-08, and including last season's playoffs, they've dropped 14 of 18 away from home. However, they have to be feeling good about getting back on track against the Kings (1-2).

Atlanta has averaged 111.6 points in taking 10 straight from Sacramento, most recently winning 122-108 on Feb. 22.

Jeff Teague had 20 points and 12 assists in that game while Al Horford scored 24. Korver made two 3s, giving him 11 on 17 attempts (64.7 percent) in his last three matchups against the Kings.

Korver, averaging 19.5 points in the last two games, has gone 12 for 18 from beyond the arc this season.

"There's a few things they can do to get a guy like that open," Lakers guard Xavier Henry said. "If they want to get someone open, they can set enough screens to do that. He was running around them and finding his way."

Korver will try to stay hot against a Kings team that has struggled to contain opponents from outside. After allowing the Clippers to go 12 for 24 from long distance in Friday's 110-101 loss, the Kings surrendered 11 3s on 27 attempts in Saturday's 98-87 defeat at Golden State.

Rookie Ben McLemore scored a team-high 19 points off the bench as Sacramento's starting lineup was limited to 22 on 9-of-36 shooting.

"Tonight was the one game that stands out that we were not ready to play," first-year coach Mike Malone said. "I thought our energy, the fact that we were not ready to play, is what set the tone.

"No resistance, no fight, no pride. If we think that we can show up to a very good basketball team in their house and just go through the motions, what's going to happen is what happened tonight."

The Kings now return home, where they won eight of their final 11 games against Eastern Conference foes last year.

Center DeMarcus Cousins posted a combined 54 points and 24 rebounds in the first two games before being held to eight and seven in 18 minutes Saturday. He is averaging 21.4 points, his third-highest mark against any team, and 11.2 boards in five career games versus Atlanta.

Horford is averaging 22.3 points on 59.2 percent shooting in his last three meetings with the Kings. -via ESPN

vCash
    Stupid IT and his overdribble, turnover and let his men shoot a 3

vCash
    horrible end to the half; and these hawk commentators are the most bias ive ever heard in any sport

vCash
    Go kings!

LFLOL & LFFS after secretly glancing at the ***** forum
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    just look on the bright side guys... every loss brings us closer to getting a superstar athlete in the draft

vCash
    That was a great comeback, just wasn't enough.

I hated seeing the immature Demarcus yet again... and we got back in the game pretty much without him. He's going to have to grow up (and become a better defender) for us to ever go far. It's early in the season with a new coach so I'm not giving up or anything, just hoping that he can finally get around those issues. Malone has some work to do.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    It comes down to effort once again... I don't understand why it takes until the 4th quarter for players to work hard on defense. This loss is more than frustrating.

Vasquez isn't in game shape yet, he's struggling... his defense was diarrhea.
    Cousins was back to throwing tantrums, he ccouldn't handle double/triple teams
    McLemore was killing
    Patterson was sub-par
    Isaiah led the comeback, but for most of the game his defense was @$$

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lionel View Post
    just look on the bright side guys... every loss brings us closer to getting a superstar athlete in the draft
    No one wants to hear that bull$h!t...

vCash
    Man this team has a ton of flaws.

vCash
    And honestly, I see no point in winning 30 games. I'm not saying tank deliberately, but keep giving Ben more and more minutes, move Thornton at the deadline (among others) and really rebuild starting next offseason.

This Landry deal is looking more and more stupid.

vCash
    Ben McLemore is a beast. Kings are too selfish. Looking forward to the first DMC 'this coach sucks' tirade.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    All I know is that Ben McLemore needs to be getting around 30min per game. The young man knows how to play the 2, unlike Thornton. I've been extremely impressed with McLemore's movement without the ball. Even when he's weak-side, he's still working to get into position to crash or look for the skip. He's still learning defensively, and he'll go through struggles but I like his effort way more than Thornton's.

If there is any way to unload Thornton, I hope the Kings do it ASAP.

vCash
    They'll figure it out. I liked what I saw at times. We just need to keep it together for 4 quarters

LFLOL & LFFS after secretly glancing at the ***** forum
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast