Curtis Granderson, NYY
    Mike Napoli, Boston
    Stephen Drew, Boston
    Jacoby Ellsbury, Boston
    Brian McCann, Atlanta
    Kendry Morales, Seattle
    Shin-Soo Choo, Cincinnati
    Nelson Cruz, Texas
    Last edited by Claymation; 11-04-2013 at 05:35 PM.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    For whom will the Mets surrender their 2nd round pick, which will be a pretty high one in a deep draft.

vCash
    I am just happy they got the 1st pick protected because although it's not stated publicly I think it was of utmost importance for the Mets to keep that pick.

Otherwise our biggest offseason acquisition might have been Peralta or Arroyo. That could still happen but I think that pick and the allotment will give them more incentive to find higher profile FA.

vCash
    Hopefully for Choo. Get Peralta(no QO), Johnson(no QO), and trade for an outfielder like Rasmus, Cespedes, etc.

vCash
    @NYPost_Mets
    Mets are discussing whether they are willing to forfeit a 2nd-round pick for any players who received a qualifying offer.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I think Drew is the most likely signing.

vCash
    I agree Drew is most likely, although I would have preferred Ellsbury.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash

Qualifying Offers

I would not mind Drew, but I think he might get 3-4 years and that smells of a similar fate than Castillo. I much rather they sign Peralta.

vCash
    I don't think they'll target Drew unless Peralta is gone, and there aren't any trade options. He's not a guy for whom I think Sandy would want to give up a pick.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Kendry Morales would be the one I would target, even with Boras as an agent he will fall behind Napoli for those seeking a 1B and well behind those looking for a bat.

He is all we need to protect Wright, something that Davis/Duda haven't done in three years. Both have options available and can be sent down and if Boras dawdles we can walk away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yogib8 View Post
    Kendry Morales would be the one I would target, even with Boras as an agent he will fall behind Napoli for those seeking a 1B and well behind those looking for a bat.

He is all we need to protect Wright, something that Davis/Duda haven't done in three years. Both have options available and can be sent down and if Boras dawdles we can walk away.
    I personally don't like Morales enough to give up a pick and over pay.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yogib8 View Post

Morales isn't even that good. Go with the upside of Davis who is under 30 and cheap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Morales isn't even that good. Go with the upside of Davis who is under 30 and cheap.
    Davis sucks, he needs a change of scenery and needs to be traded for another guy who needs a change of scenery.

Morales isn't worth the pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Davis sucks, he needs a change of scenery and needs to be traded for another guy who needs a change of scenery.

Morales isn't worth the pick.
    I'm not convinced Davis needs a change of scenery. He's just been inconsistent up to this point. This year his plate discipline was excellent overall, but his BA was still low and his power was fluky low as well. He was going to the other way nicely before getting hurt, and his power was back. I'd rather deal Duda right now.

I'm not trading Davis for platoon outfielder like Matt Joyce, and who knows if the Rays would even make that deal?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast