Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you pick with the #9 pick in a re-draft?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Carter-Williams

6 46.15%
  • Trey Burke

7 53.85%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Did we draft the right point guard?

Michael Carter-Williams looks like a superstar. His averages are 20 points, 9 assists, 4 steals, 4 rebounds, 47% shooting on 2 and 3 pointers, and a per of 29.

Yes it is way too early, but those numbers are crazy good. Is this a fluke?

vCash
    Even as a Magic fan, seeing MCW put up those numbers makes me a little ticked that the Magic don't have him. But I still have a lot of faith in Oladipo. While he isn't putting up crazy #'s like MCW, you can see his potential and consistency night in and out.

IMO MWC will be better than Burke will. I can't see how Burke will top what MCW is doing right now. The only question is can he do it consistently.

Then again, hindsight is 20/20, I don't think anyone saw this coming, not even the 76ers.

vCash
    its 3 games and while he has been amazing lets see how he looks after 20 games or even the season. this is the same guy that shot under .40% his last year in college and who many thought he would have massive problems shooting and the preseason bore that out. he had games of 1-11, 4-12, 4-10, 3-6, 4-8, 1-5. so what I am saying is way to early to tell.

vCash
    come back with this dumb poll after 2 seasons. williams is not deserving of his nickname yet. he was mcw in college, but 3 games into his first season? please. he's no lillard. you know who else had a good 3 games??? thousands of players. williams won't win ROY, let alone make me wish we had him.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 11-04-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    exactly D-Hop, Lets see T-Burke play in a real NBA game before we second guess him. I would also say that we have more weapons around our PG than Philly does, so MCW has to do more thus he will have better numbers..... just my 2 cents

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    This is a good post. These were some of my thoughts exactly. I can't believe how poorly Burke has shot the ball, and looked a bit lost in summer league and then again in preseason. A super tall point guard that is playing lights out; distributing the rock and helping his team win big games is hard to pass on. I still hold a glimmer of hope for Burke to turn it around, but have been very sorely disappointed.

vCash
    How is MCW doing tonight against the Warriors...........yeah not very good.

vCash
    Wow 3 games in and we are already second guessing trey Burke pick for someone that is playing outside himself. I'm honesty not that shocked, in today's society it's the norm to have a knee jerk reaction to anything and everything. The other thing I'm not shocked at is someone bringing up summer league AGAIN. It's just lame no one but jazz fans care about summer league results. There is multiple reasons why summer league doesn't matter yet those multiple reasons seem to escape the minds of knee jerk jazz fans.

vCash
    summer league is good for experience and practicing game situations, that's it. building chemistry. it's just mind-boggling that we have fans who are throwing burke under the bus before a single regular season game, the only game-time situation that matters, yet cj miles was given tons and tons of leeway and everyone was screaming, 'give him more time!'
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nothappyinut View Post
    Wow 3 games in and we are already second guessing trey Burke pick for someone that is playing outside himself. I'm honesty not that shocked, in today's society it's the norm to have a knee jerk reaction to anything and everything. The other thing I'm not shocked at is someone bringing up summer league AGAIN. It's just lame no one but jazz fans care about summer league results. There is multiple reasons why summer league doesn't matter yet those multiple reasons seem to escape the minds of knee jerk jazz fans.
    Agree. Just imagine how bad this is going to get when Burke comes back and plays poorly. So many short sighted fans. We really shouldn't even be talking about this topic at least until next season.
    don't let it go to your head big fella

vCash
    summer league was brought up in conjunction with pre season because it appears to be a trend. Does that make sense? I can't argue that perhaps MWC will trend down, and perhaps and hopefully Burke was the best player the Jazz could have drafted. However, I can't buy into the flowers and sunshine that is being spread here because I just have not seen that out of Burke in as many games be they meaningful or not. Go ahead and call me the pessimist, but as I said: " I hope this guy turns it around". I watched some of his college games and the guy played much better than he has shown in a short time; Lets hope he can translate his college game to the pros. What kind of progress can we hope to see out of Burke-- THIS YEAR?

vCash
    Any rookie that gets player of the week on his first week in the NBA deserves props. He is playing beastmode right now and that's awesome for him!! Now, the 76ers play a run and gun offense, which we are doing more, but the Jazz aren't really a run and gun team. The 76ers are the second fastest team in the NBA, they were 1st, but after the warriors game last night that is no longer the case. I would say his Defense would definitely be awesome, but his offense is completely different from how the Jazz use a point guard. So whether he would be better for Utah I'm not sure, but he's definitely really good for the 76ers!!

vCash
    MCW couldn't shoot and that's the reason the Jazz passed on him. Nobody has a crystal ball that can see into the future so teams only pick what they can see in front of them. Burke could really shoot in College and I think that was another reason the Jazz took him over the other PG's.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    So what point does a trend begin?? How many games ? Or is it mins? The only trend I see is people using very small sample sizes and then running with it. Again summer league is meaningless, the players are doing so much during that time that basketball is almost last on their list. More then half the players Burke played with in the summer league aren't even in basketball right now and they definitely aren't on the jazz. I think you can only look at what he did in college as of right now not the 50 mins he played spuratically throughout preseason or the garbage 80 mins he played spuratically throughout summer league. I don't know how the grand total of 130 mins over a course of 8-10 games with mosh posh collection of teammates has any weight to it compared to the 2600 mins over 73 games in college.

vCash
    ^ yeah 10 games is starting a trend. The fact that the guy was playing against lesser competition and not doing well is not a real good sign. Honestly if you are a competitor you try to win and play well in all games. So, the whole half hearted effort doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Playing with semi and pro players doesn't really explain some of the poor shooting either. On top of all of your comments- how much of the college game directly translates to the pro's? It is still hard to tell exactly where the guy is at, but in the span of a few months I am not encourage with how he has played; as opposed to what I expected. To this point I, and others may have expected too much too soon; The competition and things he could do in college may be very different than what he will do in the pros. He can become a good player still, but I hope for sooner rather than later.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast