Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The coach needs a sit down

I love Mike Woodson but after watching the last couple of games he needs to get back into reality. His Man Crush with Melo Has to Stop. I understand he is our SUPERSTAR but he isn't a god everyone has bad days and this is where the coaching comes into play. Timmy Jr. Pablo, Metta and Bargs brought us back into the game. Melo didn't sit the WHOLE GAME
    The Coaches need to have a discussion with Woodson about this. Same thing with the Chicago game, Bargs get hot they sit him down, Last Night Artest gets it going they sit him down. This is TERRIBLE and Dolan is right we have enough peices to compete with everyone in the east. They need to think Championship every night and bring that intensity every night. This ISO game with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter is too much pressure on Melo and it doesn't work.
    http://www.unscriptedent.com Radio Play Mixtape release Friday Oct. 29 Follow me on Twitter @legacy4eva For more info hit me up

vCash
    I agree. Bargs and Metta not playing in crunch time is mind blowing. I have no idea what goes through his head sometimes. I wish we had Phil Jackson, Bargs and Melo would thrive in his triangle offense
    Future Ace

vCash
    Really. after three games it is clear we need to bring Mike D. back.

vCash
    We should have traded 'Melo years ago. This is our reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGacy is Music View Post
    The coach needs a sit down
    Yes, in an ejection seat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    I agree. Bargs and Metta not playing in crunch time is mind blowing. I have no idea what goes through his head sometimes. I wish we had Phil Jackson, Bargs and Melo would thrive in his triangle offense
    Overreliance on THjr is most perplexing. Kid was getting burned all game and jacking threes w/o conscience, typical rookie behavior/shortcomings. Ridiculous to give a developing rookie this much of a leash, and one has to wonder if his pedigree comes into play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Knack View Post
    Overreliance on THjr is most perplexing. Kid was getting burned all game and jacking threes w/o conscience, typical rookie behavior/shortcomings. Ridiculous to give a developing rookie this much of a leash, and one has to wonder if his pedigree comes into play.
    Okay, I think Woodson is a dope but this is a little unfair. Everyone criticized the dude for sticking with vets and never giving rookies a chance. If I had a choice, I'd give a rookie freedom to do whatever he wants over gluing him to the bench.

That being said, Woodson needs to sit alright. He needs a seat on the next taxi cab the **** outta here. The offense looks like complete garbage and we still do this isolation crap almost the entirety of the 4th quarter every game. If he can't actually form some sort of cohesive offense like everyone else in the league seems to have, then please get someone else.

I'd be ecstatic if they could somehow convince Sloan to come out of retirement.

vCash
    Despite Melo struggling big time he did lead a comeback and I was impressed with the other things he did to try to win. The rebounding was key. I have no issues with the way Melo was used. In fact, I have no issues at all. We aren't playing well. We aren't hitting shots we normally make. We are turning over the ball which is something we never did before. Right now we have a ton of parts. Guys like Bargs and Hardaway have shown flashes and could add a new element to the team. We are also missing the 6th man of the year. I wouldn't panic at 1-2.

We might have too many players. Guys just need to be limited honestly. We don't have those high IQ plug and play guys like San Antonio. Consistency and roles will be key. Does Woody have the balls to completely bench a guy like Amare? Does he have the balls to dramatically reduce a MPW role so guys like Shump/JR/THJ can coexist? That will be key IMO.

We could have easily gone 3-0 and we have played horribly so far. I think that shows we have a good team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Okay, I think Woodson is a dope but this is a little unfair. Everyone criticized the dude for sticking with vets and never giving rookies a chance. If I had a choice, I'd give a rookie freedom to do whatever he wants over gluing him to the bench.

That being said, Woodson needs to sit alright. He needs a seat on the next taxi cab the **** outta here. The offense looks like complete garbage and we still do this isolation crap almost the entirety of the 4th quarter every game. If he can't actually form some sort of cohesive offense like everyone else in the league seems to have, then please get someone else.

I'd be ecstatic if they could somehow convince Sloan to come out of retirement.
    I agree that he is a dope but I think this is unfair as well. Woodson's record with us is tremendous. While it looks like our offense is retarded we had so many guys with career years. Melo was a top 5 guy. Smith won 6th man. We had like 50 guys who should be in wheelchairs... Woodson just won. I don't think its his fault guys just died towards the end of the season. I have been impressed with what Woodson has done since he took over for MD.

And so far this season, I think you guys are overrating the ISO plays. I think there has been ball movement. More than I expected without Jkidd. Guys are just missing shots they should be hitting. Melo is not shooting well. Felton is playing worse than he normally does. Prigs is not at his best. Really only Shumpert and Chandler are playing well and we could easily be 3-0.
    Last edited by Dmagic87; 11-04-2013 at 12:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    I agree that he is a dope but I think this is unfair as well. Woodson's record with us is tremendous. While it looks like our offense is retarded we had so many guys with career years. Melo was a top 5 guy. Smith won 6th man. We had like 50 guys who should be in wheelchairs... Woodson just won. I don't think its his fault guys just died towards the end of the season. I have been impressed with what Woodson has done since he took over for MD.

And so far this season, I think you guys are overrating the ISO plays. I think there has been ball movement. More than I expected without Jkidd. Guys are just missing shots they should be hitting. Melo is not shooting well. Felton is playing worse than he normally does. Prigs is not at his best. Really only Shumpert and Chandler are playing well and we could easily be 3-0.
    There is "ball movement" for about three quarters but it doesn't seem to be ball movement that is actually conducive to scoring. Most of what I see is just guys passing the ball around the arc and to and from the block. There is no breaking down of the defense via driving and an absurd dependency on jump shooting.

Last year's offense was tremendous and it mostly came from open looks that were initiated primarily from breaking down the defense whether that was done by Felton or anyone else. Now it just looks like a cluster ****.

vCash
    I love the sarcasim in the comments but I didn't say lets FIRE Woodson or Trade Melo, But Melo was off for most of the game. Anyone who plays this sport knows how it goes, You feed the Hot hand. If Bargs and Metta are scoring why sit them down? If Raymond felton gets into the lane and doesn't attempt to draw a foul or a lob pass to Chandler what do you do? We needed Pablo to run the offense and Metta and shump in there for stops and rebounds. I am the biggest fan of Woodson all that Mike Danphoney talk needs to stop but he needs to pound in some offense at the end of 5 minutes of the 4th instead of this Melo-Iso Ball. Yes Tim Jr. is a rookie and took a bad 3 but he was trying to get the crowd back into it. Bargs needs to continue to start and become more apart of the offense in the closing games. By the end of the 3rd Bargs and Metta were our leading scorers that didn't even sniff the 4th quarter
    http://www.unscriptedent.com Radio Play Mixtape release Friday Oct. 29 Follow me on Twitter @legacy4eva For more info hit me up

vCash
    Why sit down guys who can't guard their man? What's wrong with this guy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    There is "ball movement" for about three quarters but it doesn't seem to be ball movement that is actually conducive to scoring. Most of what I see is just guys passing the ball around the arc and to and from the block. There is no breaking down of the defense via driving and an absurd dependency on jump shooting.

Last year's offense was tremendous and it mostly came from open looks that were initiated primarily from breaking down the defense whether that was done by Felton or anyone else. Now it just looks like a cluster ****.
    Thank you !!!

vCash
    Knee Jerk.

Take it easy -- look at my sig -- you'll see how long a season it is and how much will change.

Seriously -- some of you guys will never learn.
    you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to -pink floyd

1/23/14: This "team" is irreparably damaged

My Solution: Shut the team down until ALL current contracts expire. If players / coaches / execs can find jobs elsewhere - let them go get new contracts and cut ties completely.

Wait ~5years and relaunch as an expansion team.

Bring back 2 people -- no more, no less. 1: Walt Frazier 2: Herb Williams [Honorable Mention: Mike Breen]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGacy is Music View Post
    I love Mike Woodson but after watching the last couple of games he needs to get back into reality. His Man Crush with Melo Has to Stop. I understand he is our SUPERSTAR but he isn't a god everyone has bad days and this is where the coaching comes into play. Timmy Jr. Pablo, Metta and Bargs brought us back into the game. Melo didn't sit the WHOLE GAME
    The Coaches need to have a discussion with Woodson about this. Same thing with the Chicago game, Bargs get hot they sit him down, Last Night Artest gets it going they sit him down. This is TERRIBLE and Dolan is right we have enough peices to compete with everyone in the east. They need to think Championship every night and bring that intensity every night. This ISO game with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter is too much pressure on Melo and it doesn't work.
    The 4 minutes Melo sat the Knicks got outscored 21-4.. Don't know what the heck you are talking about.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast