Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Worst PI call ever?

Blame it on the sun. Blame it on Obama. Blame it on the economy.

In reality, however, there's nobody to blame it on but the side judge in the San Diego-Washington game.

Here was the situation: San Diego had the ball, first-and-10 at the Washington 33-yard line with 1:27 left in the second quarter. The score was tied 7-7.

Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers completed a short, 4-yard pass to Keenan Allen with David Amerson defending on the play. Offensive pass interference was called on Allen.

Here is the play:

Unfortunately, one side judge is going to be very embarrassed when he sees the video of this. Because there was no contact with Allen and anybody else. Not even a push to get a way. Amerson didn't come close to him until after he caught the ball.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...e-calls-110313
    If not the worst then definitely one of the worst ever.

vCash
    The worst for SD fans? Yeah.

But for real, that is bad but that stuff happens every single week, literally.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    pretty bad, even if bad stuff happens every week lol. There was no contact. its so dumb.

vCash
    I hate officials so much, but I expect this garbage from them. They destroy games for everyone.

vCash
    Heyward Bey does not know how to catch a football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blams1989 View Post
    Heyward Bey does not know how to catch a football
    Wrong thread brah
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    That was terrible if that is where the flag was thrown. Are we sure it wasn't thrown against one of the other receivers blocking down field with the ball in the air or something like that? I don't see the flag coming in on that anywhere.

vCash
    I was complaining when it happened live. Absolutely ridiculous that these god awful calls happen so often. The NFL needs to do something this off-season because they're killing the game with this crap.

The one on the Chargers in OT was even more pathetic.

vCash
    It was awful. Also an awful holding call called on us. But that PI call was more awful.

vCash
    I'll have to agree with that being the worst PI of the day. When I opened the thread I was sure it would be about Earl Thomas and his great positioning and getting called for PI for making a clean INT. The one against the Chargers wins out. At least there was meaningless contact between Thomas and the WR to mistake for PI. The Chargers just got hosed for their guy having Magneto powers!

vCash
    Absofookinlutley!

As bad as that was and stalled the probable game winning drive...

Andrew Gachkar 3/4th string ILB because half the Chargers D is missing gets a totally fictitious “defenseless receiver” 15yd penalty which even coach Dungy and Rodney Harrison (no friend of the Chargers) we’re horrified over. Without that one call… the Redskins might not have won. So much for penalties not determining a game.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Wow. That's the play they threw a flag on? Did they maybe just call out the wrong player number or something? I've seen that. Of course that really wouldn't work with PI unless its a Hail Mary, in which we learned you can do whatever the **** You want on a Hail Mary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Wow. That's the play they threw a flag on? Did they maybe just call out the wrong player number or something? I've seen that. Of course that really wouldn't work with PI unless its a Hail Mary, in which we learned you can do whatever the **** You want on a Hail Mary
    aka the GB/ Seattle game where GB got totally ripped?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chargerSD View Post
    Absofookinlutley!

As bad as that was and stalled the probable game winning drive...

Andrew Gachkar 3/4th string ILB because half the Chargers D is missing gets a totally fictitious “defenseless receiver” 15yd penalty which even coach Dungy and Rodney Harrison (no friend of the Chargers) we’re horrified over. Without that one call… the Redskins might not have won. So much for penalties not determining a game.
    Or if the refs called any if the 6 or 7 holding penalties on Kerrigan during that last drive, the chargers may not even force overtime.

Officiating today was the worst I've seen so far this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Or if the refs called any if the 6 or 7 holding penalties on Kerrigan during that last drive, the chargers may not even force overtime.

Officiating today was the worst I've seen so far this season.
    Its an NFL well worn adage; you can call holding on every single play/drive... they just try to only call the more egregious ones... to keep the game going.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast