Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Nets-Magic 11-3-13

Orlando made Nets look old

vCash
    I expect Nets to struggle this season perhaps winning 50 at best. It's all about whether we got chemistry and are healthy during the playoffs. Besides, I'd rather have such a season than the kind last year where we pounded weak teams and lost to good ones, consistently.

vCash
    Based on last night, I don't know what kind of season to expect.

vCash
    Games like these against athletic teams. As long as we get into the playoffs and play 110% then, this team can beat anybody so I'm not worried.

vCash
    The GOOD:
    1)Ball movement was excellent in the 1st half. We missed alot of wide open shots that will fall as guys get in rhythm. Deron/KG/JJ missed alot of shots that I expect to go down later in the year

2)The 1st half defense was swarming. Lopez did a great job of protecting the rim. The defense is what kept us in the game the first 24 minutes and I expect it to be closer to 48 minutes as we gain chemistry.

The BAD:
    1)Andray Blatche. After a strong game against Miami Blatche once again played like he was a member of the Harlem Globtrotters. Disrupted the flow of the offense with his dribbling and poor long range shooting and even worse defense. Blatche resembles Amare Stoudemire on the defense end. I'm starting to think he needs to be replaced in the rotation by Reggie Evans if this keeps up.

2) We were TOO Unselfish. Guys were passing up good looks in the paint for mid range shots and good midrange shots for 3 point shots. It's a great philosophy but I would like our guys to not pass up good looks close to the basket.

The UGLY:
    Our guys came out with no passion especially on offense which is a little surprising since I thought it being J.Kidds 1st game they would have played harder. Nobody wanted to set the tone until Pierce made some big buckets in the 3rd quarter but by the then it was too late. The Magic were already playing with a ton of confidence and had a big lead. I love Kidd's system on both ends but the one thing he is going to have to work on is lighting a fire under these guys when we aren't playing an elite team. It's very easy to bring your A game when an Elite team like Miami is in town and sleep walk when your playing mediocre teams like Orlando and Cleveland.

Overall: This was just a horrible shooting night. We missed a ton of open jumpers. The team came out absolutely flat. We didn't lose this game because a lack of athleticism or old age we lost because the Magic simply out worked us and converted on their easy buckets.
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 11-04-2013 at 02:26 PM.