Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 97
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,884
    vCash
    1500

    Total QBR Is A Joke

    Check this out

    Drew Brees
    26/36 332 5 tds 0 ints 146 passer Rating, but ESPN has a 70 QBR
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331027018


    Terrelle Pryor
    10/19 88 yards 0 tds 2 ints 9 carries 105 yards 1 td
    25 Passer Rating, but 96.2 QBR
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331027013



    Colin Kaepernick 10/16 164 yards 1 td 7 carries 54 yards 2 TDs
    Passer rating of 117, but a QBR of 99.8
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331027030

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    8,363
    vCash
    1500
    Why is it surprising? QBR takes running into account.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16,369
    vCash
    1500
    Wow, I've always hated Total QBR but that's just awful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,884
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenceman View Post
    Why is it surprising? QBR takes running into account.
    The Pryor one is a joke

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,308
    vCash
    1500
    Any stat that claims to develop a rank (this includes WAR in baseball) is BS. There is no way to accumulate stats into an equation and come out with an accurate result.

    It's why stat heads drive me crazy. People that think they can just look at stats and tell me how good a player is. Drives me crazy. It's why conversations in the MLB forum don't go anywhere.. This guy's WAR is better than this guy so this guy is obviously better..... Just dumb.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,619
    vCash
    1000
    ESPN made it up, take it for what it's worth.
    How do you say magic in Russian?



    Don't forget about the Gustav


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,168
    vCash
    1500
    Thanks for pointing out the obvious, John Madden.


    (Is that an insult?)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,884
    vCash
    1500
    I had no idea it was this flawed.... Sorry I apologize for being so ignorant

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,448
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Any stat that claims to develop a rank (this includes WAR in baseball) is BS. There is no way to accumulate stats into an equation and come out with an accurate result.

    It's why stat heads drive me crazy. People that think they can just look at stats and tell me how good a player is. Drives me crazy. It's why conversations in the MLB forum don't go anywhere.. This guy's WAR is better than this guy so this guy is obviously better..... Just dumb.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

    1) Your comparing two different sports using different metrics. Football will probably never have a complete accurate metric that measures talent because there's to many variables. It's more of a team sport.

    2) Perhaps if you completely understood what WAR takes into account, you'd understand how this statistic revolutionized baseball's old arbitrary stats that basically mean nothing. Besides, even WAR is evolving.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    8,363
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    The Pryor one is a joke
    I mean I'm not saying I like the stat, but by it's own formula it's fine.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,884
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    Correlation does not imply causation.

    1) Your comparing two different sports using different metrics. Football will probably never have a complete accurate metric that measures talent because there's to many variables. It's more of a team sport.

    2) Perhaps if you completely understood what WAR takes into account, you'd understand how this statistic revolutionized baseball's old arbitrary stats that basically mean nothing. Besides, even WAR is evolving.
    No offense, but can we stick to discussing QBR and not get into arguing MLB stats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,884
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenceman View Post
    I mean I'm not saying I like the stat, but by it's own formula it's fine.
    I always knew something was off, mostly the "clutch" factor. But when Brees throws 5 TDs and no INTs and he's worse than 1 TD and 2 INTs. I don't call that fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    69,623
    vCash
    1500
    Never liked it or used it. QB Rating has its down sides but its the best when you factor it in with everything else... QBR is not my cup of tea right now. It tries to value clutch which is silly

    What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,977
    vCash
    1500
    Dog **** in, dog **** out.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kris Medlen's Bed
    Posts
    10,043
    vCash
    1500

    Total QBR Is A Joke

    Well **** I have no idea what QBR is. I thought it took out yards after catch and focused on how far the ball was actually thrown.


    The Cult of Gattis

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •