Game Balls

Coples
    Folk Hero
    Ivory
    Milliner
    WilKs
    Harris
    And the offensive line

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Well he did set up the Cro play never mind.

vCash
    Milliner/Cro they both did excellent on that play

vCash
    I forgot Sudfeld.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Game Balls to:
    QCoples- had an active day.
    DMilliner- starting to get his timing and got his head around to locate the ball to make some plays today.
    Snacks- Best surprise of the year so far.
    GREG SALAS- 6'2" slot WR with a bit of quickness. Welcome to the team.
    Geno- although not a great statistical day, I thought he made great decisions NOT to force balls into coverage, AND his TD run was "just too sweeeeeeeet" (nWo 4 life).
    D'Brick and BWinters- brought their A+ run blocking game today.
    CIvory- Now that's how you run the ball. Not just against your old team but every game needs to be with the same intensity.

THE GAME BALL goes to....... Mo Wilkerson!!!

Mo Wilkerson has been on an absolute tear this year spearheading the Jets defense. Not only should he be going to the Pro Bowl, but he needs to be given consideration for Defensive MVP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Game Balls to:
    DMilliner- starting to get his timing and got his head around to locate the ball to make some plays today.
    Geno- although not a great statistical day, I thought he made great decisions NOT to force balls into coverage, AND his TD run was "just too sweeeeeeeet" (nWo 4 life).
    CIvory- Now that's how you run the ball. Not just against your old team but every game needs to be with the same intensity.

Mo Wilkerson has been on an absolute tear this year spearheading the Jets defense. Not only should he be going to the Pro Bowl, but he needs to be given consideration for Defensive MVP.
    What about Q BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR FOR HIM

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    everybody gets one today... just an awesome TEAM win with major contributions from all 3 phases

this was one of my most enjoyable jets games in a while, despite the nonexistent passing game. we played our gameplan almost perfectly, and that's why we won. i'm so ****ing giddy right now.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Lots of game balls today. Offensively the o-line and Ivory. Defensively it's time to give one to My Man Otis Sm...I mean Stone Hands Milliner, the kid played a good game.

Coples also, he was a beast all day
    Wilkerson as usual
    Folk Hero as usual...lol feels weird saying that

I'd give one to Cro, but he tripped on that one play

vCash
    I'd give the game balls to Ivory, Folk, and Coples.
    -Ivory made big runs in some crucial situations and even looked good picking up the blitz when he was asked to.
    -Folk hit all of his field goals to make sure that the Saints paid for turning the ball over.
    -Coples made two of the biggest defensive plays of the game by stopping that reverse on 4th down and not allowing Brees to throw the ball down field at the end of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Game Balls to:

You are setting the bar pretty low for Geno if he gets a game ball for not forcing the ball into coverage, which he did on one pass where he threw into triple coverage. Geno wasn't good today throwing the ball, but he was an effective runner at least. Hopefully now, he will start pulling down the ball when the coverage is tight down field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LwNyjets88 View Post
    What about Q BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR FOR HIM
    See the first name on the list.

He was beastin' today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    everybody gets one today... just an awesome TEAM win with major contributions from all 3 phases

this was one of my most enjoyable jets games in a while, despite the nonexistent passing game. we played our gameplan almost perfectly, and that's why we won. i'm so ****ing giddy right now.
    I agree everyone should get a game ball, except for the fans. The Jets win a big game and this board especially the negative nancy, are no where to be seen.

If we lost they would be here in full force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post

I agree everyone should get a game ball, except for the fans. The Jets win a big game and this board especially the negative nancy, are no where to be seen.

If we lost they would be here in full force.
    To be honest I was avoiding talking because I was embarrassed about the bengals because I know we're better than that!! Happy too see we proved it.

Bring on espn jets can make the playoffs, until our next loss

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    You are setting the bar pretty low for Geno if he gets a game ball for not forcing the ball into coverage, which he did on one pass where he threw into triple coverage. Geno wasn't good today throwing the ball, but he was an effective runner at least. Hopefully now, he will start pulling down the ball when the coverage is tight down field.
    I don't see me as setting the bar low for him at all, especially when you go on to give him props for how he was pulling the ball down when coverage was tight downfield

The single toughest thing for a rookie QB to learn is to equate his arm strength to the difference between collegiately open WRs and professionally open WRs.

Geno pulling the ball down and NOT making some throws is just as valuable from a learning point of view as the passes he can make.

That's why he deserves a game ball today, despite however high you decide to set your bar for him.

vCash
    New York – Three Performances of Note

Ivory’s Revenge

Perhaps “revenge” is a bit strong, but Ivory certainly got the best of his old teammates. He finished with 139 yards on 18 carries, including 100 yards after contact, while forcing six missed tackles. He did most of his damage on the five carries that saw him get to the edge of the defense as that’s where he picked up 94 of his yards. The aforementioned run with 14:57 to go in the second was blocked fairly well, but it was Ivory who made it happen by bouncing off Lofton’s tackle and outrunning Bush’s angle for the 52-yard gain. While that was his longest run of the day, it may have been his first big gainer that set the tone at the 7:34 mark of the first. He hit the hole, made Hawthorne miss, and dragged cornerback Keenan Lewis for an extra 10 yards once he reached the secondary. When you add it all up, it was easily Ivory’s best game for the Jets and he chose the perfect weak to break out with his former team in town.

Pressuring Brees

New York’s defensive front has carried them all season, and Sunday’s game was no different. In addition to their usual strong work against the run, they got after QB Drew Brees, pressuring him on 19 of his 53 drop-backs. While the raw numbers don’t jump off the page, it was the timely nature of the pressure as the Jets continued to step up at just the right times. Whether it was the suffocating back-to-back sacks from DE Muhammad Wilkerson and OLB Calvin Pace with 3:56 to go in the third quarter or the last two passes of the game that saw Brees make throws with DT Sheldon Richardson and DE Quinton Coples in his face, the Jets made good use of their pass rush all afternoon. The results were night and day as Brees completed 24 of 34 for 310 yards and a +2.5 grade from a clean pocket, but when pressured he completed only 6 of 17 for 72 yards, two interceptions, and a -0.4 overall grade. Those pressures proved to be the game-changing plays the Jets needed for the victory. As for the individuals, Wilkerson led the way at +1.9 with a sack, hit, and two hurries on 54 rushes while Coples (+0.2) added three hits and three hurries of his own on his 54 attempts.

Winters Struggles

As mentioned, looking at raw rushing numbers is not always indicative of offensive line play, particularly Sunday as the big totals came mostly due to New Orleans missed assignments and strong running from Ivory. Rookie left guard Brian Winters had his struggles for the third week in a row as he graded at -3.5 overall including -4.3 in the run game. He completely whiffed on DT Tom Johnson on a QB draw with 12:45 to go in the third quarter, but a nifty move from QB Geno Smith saved what could have been a 7-yard loss. Winters had his problems with DT Brodrick Bunkley as well, as he got called for a hold at the 13:41 mark of the fourth quarter and was later tossed to the ground by Bunkley with 3:01 to go in the game. In addition to the plays where he was easily discarded, Winters was stood up at the point of attack a number of times as his struggles in the running game continue.

Game Notes

- Only 4 of QB Geno Smith’s 115 yards came through the air, with 111 yards after the catch. Only three of his eight completions traveled beyond the line of scrimmage.

- Saints WR Nick Toon dropped his only two official targets, though he had a nice first-down catch negated by a penalty. He finished at -2.3 overall on 55 snaps.

- Jets rookie CB Dee Milliner bounced back from a rough Week 8 outing with a career-high +1.0 grade. He deflected two passes, though one was negated by a teammate’s penalty.

PFF Game Ball

Chris Ivory’s hard-nosed running set the tone for the Jets as they got back to their run-first, play defense style of football.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...s-jets-week-9/