Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Around the league

Let's use this to discuss games or happenings that are non Suns related.

vCash
    MCW for Philly looks like he could be the star they hoped to get in the next draft. I wonder how Philly fans feel about him possibly hurting their chances at Wiggins. I know it's only 3 games but he's the real deal it seems.
    Appears that Utah and Boston will vie for the top pick. Hopefully we can join that race.

vCash
    Anthony Davis is killing it. 23.7 PPG, 12.3 RPG, 4.0 BPG, and 2.7 SPG through the first 3 games.

vCash
    Cool little article:

What if the Suns are … good?

It's early, and the schedule has been friendly, with only two of Phoenix's first seven games coming against sure playoff teams. But Phoenix was competitive in losses to the Spurs and Thunder, and any allegedly tanktastic team outscoring opponents by five points per 100 possessions — typically a top-seven overall differential — merits a closer look. Multiple executives from other Western Conference teams have expressed concern that Phoenix might — gulp — be for real.

The Suns have totally revamped their shot-selection profile after jacking the second-most long 2s in the league last season. Three of Phoenix's four rotation bigs have 3-point range, and the Suns are spreading teams thin, letting Eric Bledsoe attack on the pick-and-roll, launching corner 3s, and urging Markieff Morris to attack the basket instead of settling for midrange shots. 'Kieff is averaging nearly 23 points per game on 70 percent shooting over his last four games, and while that can't last, he'll maintain some level of efficiency so long as half his shot attempts are coming in the restricted area.4

But the Suns have really shined on the other side, where they're fifth in points allowed per possession. Mike Longabardi, an assistant coach who worked under Tom Thibodeau in Boston, has Phoenix playing a standard Thibodeau system with shocking success. Everyone is following the rules, Bledsoe is a freaking menace, and opponents are shooting only about 40 percent on close-range shots when Channing Frye, Morris, or Miles Plumlee is near the rim, per SportVU. That's not quite Roy Hibbert–level intimidation, but Tyson Chandler–level work is a giant surprise for this frisky bunch. They're probably not a playoff team, and they certainly wish not to be, but they are way better than anyone anticipated.
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...king-questions

vCash
    ^^^ question you have to ask yourself...what if the suns wished not to be a playoff team but made it anyway?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Nice article. I hadn't seen any statistics but I'd picked up on the changes to our offense (switch from long 2's to 3's). McDonough is definitely a basketball analytics guy.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Suns and Philly become powerhouses over the next decade, as both organisations seem to have great GMs and head coaches (albeit inexperienced at their roles in the NBA). Philly's GM came from Houston and was integral in all the moves to get Harden. Brett Brown has been a fantastic head coach in Australia, and an assistant for years with San Antonio.

vCash
    I'm watching some of Miami/Milwaukee. The Bucks looks completely undisciplined. They take ill advised chances on D and on offense they rarely setup a play. Just jumpers.

They're making Beasley look talented even though he blew an ally oop

vCash
    I'm watching some of Miami/Milwaukee. The Bucks looks completely undisciplined. They take ill advised chances on D and on offense they rarely setup a play. Just jumpers.

They're making Beasley look talented even though he blew an ally oop
    I wonder if I'll ever see a Bucks' team with a top four EC record or Central division title again in my life. For an organisation with a proud history they are perennial strugglers nowadays.
    Last edited by Bishnoff; 11-12-2013 at 09:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I wonder if I'll ever see a Bucks' team with a top four EC record or Central division title again in my life. For an organisation with a proud history they are perennial strugglers nowadays.
    Yeah, they've been one of the worst teams in the league for about a decade now. Robert Sarver gets a lot of crap for being a bad owner but the Bucks have been so much worse for much, much longer yet the media doesn't seem to say anything.

As you said, it's a shame such a storied franchise ended up like this, especially in such a great sporting state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I put that blame on ownership. I don't think they feel they could last through a rebuilding period. So just getting into the playoffs would be enough for them.

It seems like ages ago they were in the East finals (I think against Philly in 2000 OR 2001)

vCash
    Blazers beat the Pacers and now OKC back to back. I can't believe we beat them twice and probably should have a third time. They didn't look this good against us, that's for sure.

vCash
    we gotta take care of business against Toronto. cant wait for the lakers game. they are playing hustle ball like we are. lets see who wants it more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES KOAST View Post
    we gotta take care of business against Toronto. cant wait for the lakers game. they are playing hustle ball like we are. lets see who wants it more
    You mean lose? Because I hope we lose 100%! Making the playoffs as the #8 seed does nothing for us. Its better that we lose and get a star player

vCash
    Blazers beat the Pacers and now OKC back to back. I can't believe we beat them twice and probably should have a third time. They didn't look this good against us, that's for sure.
    I know. We must match up really well against them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    You mean lose? Because I hope we lose 100%! Making the playoffs as the #8 seed does nothing for us. Its better that we lose and get a star player
    I want to make the playoffs as an 8th seed. we would sweep the blazers in the 1st round.

im not concerned about getting a high seed, im more concerned about getting a player that has upside, that wants to work hard and hustles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast