Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rose has been through this before...

I was looking at Rose's game logs to see when was the last time Rose struggled this way for three games in a row. And I don't know if people remember but to start the 09-10 season he missed virtually all of preseason with an injury and he came into the season really sloppy and he played bad for a solid ten games before he started to turn it around. I remember back then people were saying he was Steve Francis 2.0 and that he wasn't who we thought he would be.

I'm pretty confident he's going to be fine and I think really any game could be the game where he explodes. I think it will happen vs. Indiana actually. I think a lot of this right now is mental where he put so much pressure on himself coming into the season and he played so well in the preseason that now every time he shoots he's thinking I hope I don't miss rather than this is going in.

Assuming that you realize we're three games into an 82 game season and that he will be fine, what game do you envision Rose breaking out?

vCash
    Hard to say but I'd guess at least another month before he starts showing consistent play and dominating performances. Hopefully sooner though.

vCash
    I think within two weeks he'll have his first 30 point night and in 3 weeks I think he'll be playing well consistently. I think he needs just one game to go off and get his confidence back

vCash
    We'll see what happens. I just hate seeing him be so careless with the ball. We'd have beaten the Knicks by more than 1 point and won this Sixers game pretty easily if he'd stop committing these stupid turnovers.

Some of the shots he's missing aren't even bad shots, he's just missing them. But then some of the shots are forced and it seems like he's looking for the foul more often than trying to make the layup at times.

He'll play better eventually, I'm sure of that, but even when his shot's not falling I'd rather not see him compound the problem by playing out of control and racking up the turnovers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    We'll see what happens. I just hate seeing him be so careless with the ball. We'd have beaten the Knicks by more than 1 point and won this Sixers game pretty easily if he'd stop committing these stupid turnovers.

Some of the shots he's missing aren't even bad shots, he's just missing them. But then some of the shots are forced and it seems like he's looking for the foul more often than trying to make the layup at times.

He'll play better eventually, I'm sure of that, but even when his shot's not falling I'd rather not see him compound the problem by playing out of control and racking up the turnovers.
    Honestly i think that is the biggest factor. Even in the preseason in general he wasn't finishing very well was just getting a good amount of calls. I think he decided he wants to force the issue and get to the line more this year but that worries me if it will take away from his game around the rim.

Follow 4 Follow @Procis1on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Procision View Post
    Honestly i think that is the biggest factor. Even in the preseason in general he wasn't finishing very well was just getting a good amount of calls. I think he decided he wants to force the issue and get to the line more this year but that worries me if it will take away from his game around the rim.
    He mentioned at halftime of the Knicks game that he was going to "force them to call it" which kinda bugs me too. Just finish the play, if they call it, great. But if not, don't sacrifice what's normally a very makeable shot just because you wanna get to the FT line.

vCash
    I don't think this is on D.Rose.

The defensive trend now around the league, is to collapse on the ball once it get to the paint and force the other team to shoot. Bulls has been doing it and they even run to the shooters to contest.

D.Rose has been attacking the defense ever since. Bulls have success when they run, because D.Rose can easily break the defense if it's not set. But once the zone is set, it's hard to break it without shooters.

We need more shooters.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=209452&type=sigpic&dateline=1385118807

vCash
    Idk when hell break out, but I am extremely confident it will be sooner rather than later. I think Derrick is overthinking it, he believes in his mind he needs to dominate and put up 35 and 15 to put the league on notice, when in reality he just needs to string together 3-4 straight wins and be efficient. Also, am I the only one that noticed that Rose looked really gassed after Thibs took him out the first time?

vCash
    yup I remember he was struggling with that ankle going into his sophomore year. he even said he isnt cutting his hair until he snaps out of it, hmm... his hair is relatively long now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    I don't think this is on D.Rose.

The defensive trend now around the league, is to collapse on the ball once it get to the paint and force the other team to shoot. Bulls has been doing it and they even run to the shooters to contest.

D.Rose has been attacking the defense ever since. Bulls have success when they run, because D.Rose can easily break the defense if it's not set. But once the zone is set, it's hard to break it without shooters.

We need more shooters.
    Nothing has changed since Rose came into the league. He's sucking because he's sucking - not because of the Bulls not having enough shooters (which is true, they need more). Rose has worked with worse shooting before and has not sucked like this. It's only 3 games, he'll improve. But i'm ****ing annoyed by the careless turnovers. He's NEVER been so careless with the ball like this.

vCash
    This is where hopefully Thibs strongly considers using Snell some because he's a shooter that the bulls seem to need and is probably one of their better ones. I know he's a rookie and all but the guy was drafted to shoot the ball and with so many ppl struggling making shots on open looks, I think it's worth a try.
    Because look at this so far for 3 point shooting:

Bulls vs. Heat
    Bulls- 7-26; Heat 11-20

Bulls vs. Knicks
    Bulls - 3-16; Knicks 9-24

Bulls vs. 76ers
    Bulls - 3-14; 76ers 11-22

Bulls's 3 point defense has been bad and their 3 point offense has been brutal. I'd say play snell some.
    Last edited by ChiBulls4Life; 11-03-2013 at 01:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    This is where hopefully Thibs strongly considers using Snell some because he's a shooter that the bulls seem to need and is probably one of their better ones. I know he's a rookie and all but the guy was drafted to shoot the ball and with so many ppl struggling making shots on open looks, I think it's worth a try.
    Because look at this so far for 3 point shooting:

Bulls vs. Heat
    Bulls- 7-26; Heat 11-20

Bulls vs. Knicks
    Bulls - 3-16; Knicks 9-24

Bulls vs. 76ers
    Bulls - 3-14; 76ers 11-22

Bulls's 3 point defense has been bad and their 3 point offense has been brutal. I'd say play snell some.
    Does he come in for Dunleavy then? Because if not then the question is whose minutes does he take? Because although we need someone to knock down some shots we also can't give up a lot on defense right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'bulls View Post
    Does he come in for Dunleavy then? Because if not then the question is whose minutes does he take? Because although we need someone to knock down some shots we also can't give up a lot on defense right now.
    I know i might take some heat for this but i might as well say it, probably when Butler goes to the bench some point in the second quarter? When you bring rose/deng/boozer/noah or whomever back in, bring in snell then with them for MDJ? or you can very well go snell and MDJ to start 2nd and bring in butler with the rest of starting guys later on in the quarter cuz snell is long and athletic enough to be able to defend i figure

vCash
    He'll get there, but I think everyone needs to accept that he'll never have a great jumpshot. It doesn't come natural to him.

The Wizards' missing piece.

vCash
    Wait, Rose didn't do anything like this at all in 09-10 through any number of games.

First 10:
    33 minutes per game, 13.5/5.5, sure, but he shot 43.8%.

I mean, he wasn't amazing, but he didn't struggle anything like this year. He's shooting 28.8% with damn near 6 turnovers per game. He'll be fine, I'm sure. But he's never struggled like this to start the year. Not even close.

And then. He made them pancakes.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast