Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Tigers to hire Brad Ausmus as Manager

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Beat me to it. But hey, I really like this move! Going to be a totally different managerial style with this guy being 44 compared to Leylands 69 or whatever. I said I wanted a young manager, so I am definitely happy with it

vCash
    I hope this works out. Any insight onto his managerial style?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I hope this works out. Any insight onto his managerial style?
    Wont have any idea because he's never done it before. Unless you count the handful of games as Israels manager in the WBC last year. For some reason I'd imagine it'd be a lot like Mike Matheny. My gut says that. They are basically the same age, and played in the same era of baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    Wont have any idea because he's never done it before. Unless you count the handful of games as Israels manager in the WBC last year. For some reason I'd imagine it'd be a lot like Mike Matheny. My gut says that. They are basically the same age, and played in the same era of baseball.
    What is Matheny's style? lol

vCash
    Ausmus has been a managerial prospect for awhile, when a member of the Houston Astros, manager Phil Garner once joked,

"I have to keep playing him, because if he starts managing, he'll be better than me."

To which Ausmus responded,

"Yeah, but if he keeps playing me, he's going to get fired anyway."

Smarts, experience, communication skills, and a quick wit?
    Last edited by GasMan; 11-03-2013 at 07:51 AM.

vCash
    I thought I remember hearing that Ausmus wanted Lamont as his bench coach when he was being considered as the Cubs manager. Wonder what his staff will look like.

vCash
    I wonder how much, if any, input current players had in the decision? I like the hire and I hope if he keeps any current coaches that he only keeps one. That allows for an experienced voice but then he hires "his" guys for the other positions. I'm sure with his service years and playing for multiple teams that he has a pretty good pool of choices in mind for his staff. This will make for an interesting year. The players, IMO, were in need of a change. You can only listen to one voice for so long. Hopefully, Ausmus is the right choice for the new voice.

vCash
    Complete horse sheet! Brad frikin Ausmus. This guy sucks as a player (when he was here I hated it) and now ppl think he can manage. Anyone would have been better than him. Completely outraged over here. Not renewing season tickets!

vCash
    He was a far superior player to Leyland if that is an actual indication of managerial ability. I think he is a good choice that will bring new energy and new thinking to a team that needs a change of voice.

vCash
    I don't mind Lamont as long as he stays out of the 3B box and wouldn't mind Jones coming back but I do hope he brings in some new blood too to the coaching staff.

vCash
    He will....probably 4-5 coaches Ausmus will hand-pick, depending if Dombrowski wants a 2nd batting coach again.

I hate the idea of Lamont on the bench. He will only serve as a snitch to Leyland. Ausmus will catch-on in a hurry and the marriage will be only one year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    He will....probably 4-5 coaches Ausmus will hand-pick, depending if Dombrowski wants a 2nd batting coach again.

I hate the idea of Lamont on the bench. He will only serve as a snitch to Leyland. Ausmus will catch-on in a hurry and the marriage will be only one year.
    Ausmus and Lamont have a pre-existing relationship and Lamont may be part of the reason Ausmus was picked. I think Lamont was gonna be his bench coach wherever he went.

vCash
    I hope things work out, but I really wanted someone who AT LEAST had some coaching experience. It doesn't sound like he really has any at all. And managing an Israeli team which didn't even qualify for the WBC doesn't really count... God, I hope I'm wrong and he surprises me. But at least Wallach has been in a dugout as a coach on a major league team....

"Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    Complete horse sheet! Brad frikin Ausmus. This guy sucks as a player (when he was here I hated it) and now ppl think he can manage. Anyone would have been better than him. Completely outraged over here. Not renewing season tickets!
    Why you haf to be mad?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast