Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 344
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    29,601
    vCash
    1500

    Gamethread: Minnesota (1-0) @ New York (1-1): Sunday Games are perfect for Giant fans

    Sunday, November 2nd 7:30 PM ET
    Madison Square Garden


    Minnesota Timberwolves


    Slick Rick / Kevin Martin / Topanga Brewer / Kevin Love / Nickel Pekovic


    Your New York Knicks!


    Ray Felton / Frank White / Iman Shumpert / Carmelo Anthony / Tyson DPOY

    Knick Updates

    Amare Stoudemire (knee) played just 11 minutes in his season debut against the Bulls on Thursday and had five points, one rebound, one assist, one steal and three turnovers.
    He didn't look very healthy tonight and he was a thorn in the side of the Knicks' interior defense. Stoudemire won't be seeing consistent minutes all year and he'll likely sit out in some back-to-back sets, so it's difficult to grow too fondly of him as an asset in fantasy leagues.
    Carmelo Anthony had six steals in Thursday's 82-81 loss to the Bulls, scoring a game-high 22 points with six boards, six assists, two blocks and two 3-pointers on 8-of-24 shooting.
    The Knicks offense was a disaster in the first half due to making just 14 field goals and turning the ball over 13 times in that span. They also had an abysmal 24 points in the paint tonight, which is the main reason for their 36.0 percent shooting in the loss. As for Melo, he had active hands on defense and was aware of when to bring the double-team tonight, but his shot selection was not there. He'll have to attack the rim better against strong defensive teams like the Bulls to avoid offensive nights like this.
    Tim Hardaway Jr. led the Knicks bench in minutes with 27 against the Bulls on Thursday, shooting 4-of-13 from the field for 10 points with three rebounds and two 3-pointers.
    He got a lot of open looks and his dad certainly taught him a thing or two on how to get open without the ball. Hardaway hasn't been too impressive and only played 15 minutes in the opener, so he's going to turn into a pumpkin once J.R. Smith's five-game suspension is up.
    Raymond Felton didn't seem bothered by his hamstring injury on Thursday, playing 37 minutes with a line of 13 points, four rebounds, six assists, one block and one 3-pointer on 5-of-14 shooting.
    He was getting into the lane and really helped kick start the New York offense in the third quarter after a terribly stagnant first half. Felton said he was going to have deal with his hamstring ailment for six weeks, but based on tonight's game, it doesn't look to be an immediate concern. He won't get many headlines, but he's still a No. 2 point guard in most fantasy formats.
    Tyson Chandler grabbed a game-high 19 boards in a loss to the Bulls on Thursday to go with seven points, two assists, one steal and four blocks in 38 minutes.
    The Knicks weren't really providing much perimeter defense and considering the amount of shots Chandler altered tonight, he should be commended for committing just two fouls. As for offense, for whatever reason the Knicks are using Chandler as a jump shooter and hopefully they come to their senses and keep him under the hoop. Interestingly, he's taken four shots from 15 feet or deeper this year after only attempting just eight shots from 16 feet or deeper last season.
    Andrea Bargnani played 25 minutes in his start at power forward on Thursday, scoring nine points with one rebound, one assist and three turnovers.
    He actually tried to go for rebounds, but that's not exactly his forte. Bargnani shot 4-of-9 from the field and all of his makes came from 18 feet or deeper. The Knicks used him in high pick-and-rolls early in the first half, and since they didn't work at all, they used him more as a floor spreader on the weak side of plays in the second half. Il Mago has lost most of his magic and he doesn't do enough to warrant ownership in standard leagues.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    322
    vCash
    1500

    Gamethread: Minnesota (1-0) @ New York (1-1): Sunday Games are perfect for Giant fans

    Will we go small ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    32,584
    vCash
    1500
    I hate the small lineup, ball movement or not. We've already seen that our small lineup gets demolished in the playoffs against big teams. We might as well endure a few losses trying to develop chemistry within a lineup that includes Bargnani rather than torch sub .500 teams all season with a small lineup only to be thrashed in the playoffs.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    350
    vCash
    1500
    Felton has emerged as the second option behind Melo, averaging 15ppg in two games. That isn't enough as the second option. Woodson is known for running an isolation offense, he needs as much help as Melo. Steve Mills needs to hire an assistant coach that can draw up better offensive sets.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,057
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GM930 View Post
    Felton has emerged as the second option behind Melo, averaging 15ppg in two games. That isn't enough as the second option. Woodson is known for running an isolation offense, he needs as much help as Melo. Steve Mills needs to hire an assistant coach that can draw up better offensive sets.

    JR averaged 19 for us last year. As bad as he played in the playoffs he was very valuable and he will be needed as he can create his own shot. I really think Shumpert will take a big step offensively this season too, so I'm not worried about scoring. We played the Bulls on the road, they are a great defensive team and matchup well with us.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    350
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    JR averaged 19 for us last year. As bad as he played in the playoffs he was very valuable and he will be needed as he can create his own shot. I really think Shumpert will take a big step offensively this season too, so I'm not worried about scoring. We played the Bulls on the road, they are a great defensive team and matchup well with us.
    I agree the Bulls have our number, but JR scores well because he can create for himself, which is necessary for Woodson's isolation plays. Shumpert is still too inconsistent to be relied upon as a second option. Shumpert seems to excel in games where there is plenty of ball movement, but this is a rarity. Even last season the Knicks were never a high assist team because of the isolation-heavy offense. The first option should be to score in transition, second to run a set play with plenty of ball movement and third an isolation for Melo/JR.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    5,149
    vCash
    1500
    The fan base has a love/hate thing going on with JR. There is a lot to love, and a lot to hate. But there is no question about how effective he is for this team. We need him


    My man Ike got a bad rap

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
    Posts
    5,998
    vCash
    1500
    I'm far from convinced that after two games, we NEED jr.

    People were even saying it after one.

    Jr is not the answer. Sure he gives us some really great night, but he also gives us some egg bombs as well.

    But, if people see a flaw in our team after two games , it has nothing to jr. It's because , and it hurts to say this, our team is just fundamentally flawed in general.

    I like a lot I things about our Knicks this year, and there is some bright spots for the future ( if Dolan doesn't **** that all up) but the same jeckal and Hyde team is there.

    Look at the first game. We played so great the first half, then just forgot how to play in the second.
    We play with great ball movement open shots, great team d. Then somewhere along the lines we they decide to go back to ISO style offense and it just looks so bad...

    There is a lot of growing pains to go through this year, and I personally feel we are better then last season, but I'm worried about the playoffs an how we compare to these other teams.

    Bottom line having jr back will be nice, but that has very little to do with the Knicks success in the first two games.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    498
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I hate the small lineup, ball movement or not. We've already seen that our small lineup gets demolished in the playoffs against big teams. We might as well endure a few losses trying to develop chemistry within a lineup that includes Bargnani rather than torch sub .500 teams all season with a small lineup only to be thrashed in the playoffs.
    Knicks got demolished in the playoffs? Where was I? The Knicks had a chance to win that pacers series even wit j.r bum knee, Tyson coming off that illness and neck injury 10-15 pounds lighter, and melo having a torn labrum. Goin big is when we messed up, We got back in that series with the small lineup! I think we can go either way but you way off sayin wat u said.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YashBoone View Post
    I'm far from convinced that after two games, we NEED jr.

    People were even saying it after one.

    Jr is not the answer. Sure he gives us some really great night, but he also gives us some egg bombs as well.

    But, if people see a flaw in our team after two games , it has nothing to jr. It's because , and it hurts to say this, our team is just fundamentally flawed in general.

    I like a lot I things about our Knicks this year, and there is some bright spots for the future ( if Dolan doesn't **** that all up) but the same jeckal and Hyde team is there.

    Look at the first game. We played so great the first half, then just forgot how to play in the second.
    We play with great ball movement open shots, great team d. Then somewhere along the lines we they decide to go back to ISO style offense and it just looks so bad...

    There is a lot of growing pains to go through this year, and I personally feel we are better then last season, but I'm worried about the playoffs an how we compare to these other teams.

    Bottom line having jr back will be nice, but that has very little to do with the Knicks success in the first two games.
    Every team is flawed at this point in the year. Hell, the Heat are 1-2 right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,515
    vCash
    1500
    Wolves are scary this year. Knicks need to be on their best.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,932
    vCash
    1500
    I haven't missed JR at all.

    Shump & Timmy need to step up though and hit some shots...

    Really everyone has been awful offensively outside of Felton.

    Once Melo gets it going though we'll look great offensively, that's usually how it works.

    And of course Bargs is sort of the wild card, he looked very good in CHI on both ends outside of those illegal screens. He's looking more and more comfortable. I really hope he can be that 16-18ppg guy for us, because he's shown he can do that much more efficiently than JR, and Bargs when he's right gets big men in foul trouble which could be big.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,913
    vCash
    1500
    Love and Pekovic on the boards, field day.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,932
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yungincome View Post
    Love and Pekovic on the boards, field day.
    yea we better start Bargs... Melo at PF will get abused.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    4,372
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YashBoone View Post
    I'm far from convinced that after two games, we NEED jr.

    People were even saying it after one.

    Jr is not the answer. Sure he gives us some really great night, but he also gives us some egg bombs as well.

    But, if people see a flaw in our team after two games , it has nothing to jr. It's because , and it hurts to say this, our team is just fundamentally flawed in general.

    I like a lot I things about our Knicks this year, and there is some bright spots for the future ( if Dolan doesn't **** that all up) but the same jeckal and Hyde team is there.

    Look at the first game. We played so great the first half, then just forgot how to play in the second.
    We play with great ball movement open shots, great team d. Then somewhere along the lines we they decide to go back to ISO style offense and it just looks so bad...

    There is a lot of growing pains to go through this year, and I personally feel we are better then last season, but I'm worried about the playoffs an how we compare to these other teams.

    Bottom line having jr back will be nice, but that has very little to do with the Knicks success in the first two games.
    +1 Agreed with everything

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •