Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jeter Returns to Yanks on 1 Year Deal

Kind of an interesting move. The Yankees gave Jeter more money ($12 mil compared to $9.5 mil), which saves them money in luxury tax (the AAV of his last contract was $14.375 mil).

Over/under 60 games played?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...-one-year-deal

vCash
    The 2014 Yanks may be the most overpaid line-up of used up husks in ML history. If they have to pay AROD, it's a slam dunk. Just wow. The Jeter era ends on a whimper.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    It's like they are just committed to over paying him for life

I understand the AAV thing, but come on. He isn't worth 12 million to anyone else.

vCash
    Even when you factor in the reduction in luxury tax the Yankees are still paying him more than last year, which makes no sense to me at all. I think they'll survive though lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    The 2014 Yanks may be the most overpaid line-up of used up husks in ML history. If they have to pay AROD, it's a slam dunk. Just wow. The Jeter era ends on a whimper.
    Need to find a team that is willing to take the garbage.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Good luck with that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's like they are just committed to over paying him for life

I understand the AAV thing, but come on. He isn't worth 12 million to anyone else.
    God forbid a franchise respect the **** out of a player, a player who happens to be a legend for them in the first place.

12 million isn't even anything to lose sleep over, he's been worth that with ease and then some in every season of his career except for last year.

vCash
    That is just a phenominal sig

vCash
    I'd be interested in CC in exchange for WMB, Dempster, and RDLR

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    12 million isn't even anything to lose sleep over, he's been worth that with ease and then some in every season of his career except for last year.
    It is when your roster is pockmarked with over priced garbage.

vCash
    I've long been an advocate for the Yankees to stage a complete rebuild. Obviously, keep Jeter, but trade away anything of value and eat as much dough as possible and stack the farm.

But, they will be short sided and continually throw a mediocre team on the field with virtually no chance at winning a championship.

vCash
    It's not that hard to understand. The Yankees are looking for ways to reduce their luxury tax payroll to <189M and paying Jeter more allows them to do this.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .282 HR: ONE! RBI: 20 SB: 12 AGE: 40

vCash
    meh hes done after this year pay the man the 12 mil they can afford it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    God forbid a franchise respect the **** out of a player, a player who happens to be a legend for them in the first place.

Except its a business and they owe him nothing. Their franchise wouldnt give a monkey nuts about Jeter as long as they win. No fan base cares about a player as long as their team wins. Continually over paying for mediocrity is bad business and bad baseball

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Ultimately it reduces the amount counted towards the luxury tax which is what the Yankees wanted. Sure Jeter could have taken less but I don't think the Yankees FO is going to lose sleep over it.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast