Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Eddie Lacy, Mason Crosby earn NFC monthly awards

Packers RB Eddie Lacy has been named the NFC Offensive Rookie of the Month for October, while K Mason Crosby has been named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Month.
    In four games in October — all Green Bay wins — Lacy had 97 carries for 395 yards and two TDs. He averaged 4.1 yards per carry. He also added 11 receptions out of the backfield for 47 yards, giving him 442 yards from scrimmage in four games. That’s an average of 110.5 yards from scrimmage per game.
    Crosby made 13 of 15 field goal attempts in the month and all 11 of his extra points for a total of 50 points. He tied a franchise record with five field goals against Detroit in Week 5 and then added four more field goals the following week at Baltimore.
    Five of Crosby’s field goals in the month were from 45 yards or longer, with his two misses coming from 44 and 52 yards. He also added three touchbacks on kickoffs this past week at Minnesota when he took over kickoff duties against dangerous Vikings returner Cordarrelle Patterson.
    This is the second time in his career that Crosby has been named NFC Special Teams Player of the Month. He also won the award in November of his rookie year in 2007.
    Glad i draft Mason Crosby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post

Glad i draft Mason Crosby
    I thought you called him Missn Crosby :P

But I'm glad for both of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    I thought you called him Missn Crosby :P

But I'm glad for both of them
    He hasn't given me a reason so call him that this year lol. Sad thing is that i still hold my breath every time he lines up to kick one lol

vCash
    Lacy should be a frontrunner for rookie of the year. Anyone agree with that ? I guess I haven't followed other rookies but I can't think of anyone else who stands out. I am very glad Crosby has turned it around this season..he's winning games for us with that leg again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlinkManJan02 View Post
    Lacy should be a frontrunner for rookie of the year. Anyone agree with that ? I guess I haven't followed other rookies but I can't think of anyone else who stands out. I am very glad Crosby has turned it around this season..he's winning games for us with that leg again.
    I have to imagine he'd win OROY if it ended at this point for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    Someone should go back to the game thread when Crosby missed his first kick of the year. People need to be called out for cliff jumping. He had made nearly 20 in a row before that miss so I found it fairly hilarious when the overreactions started spewing out in the thread. I also believe I was insulted more than once for sticking up for him... I want heads to roll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    Someone should go back to the game thread when Crosby missed his first kick of the year. People need to be called out for cliff jumping. He had made nearly 20 in a row before that miss so I found it fairly hilarious when the overreactions started spewing out in the thread. I also believe I was insulted more than once for sticking up for him... I want heads to roll.
    I thought that was funny but can you really blame anyone after the year he had last year? I am sorry but 8 weeks into a season isn't enough time for me to completely forget about how ATROCIOUS he was last year. I still don't fully trust him at this point BUT i am very happy that he has been doing great.

vCash
    I thought that was funny but can you really blame anyone after the year he had last year? I am sorry but 8 weeks into a season isn't enough time for me to completely forget about how ATROCIOUS he was last year. I still don't fully trust him at this point BUT i am very happy that he has been doing great.
    20 straight makes is enough to not call for his head after one miss... Especially when he had already made 10 in a row this season. You can't deny it was a complete overreaction.

I would at least understand if he had a horrible game missing like 3 in a row. I can't comprehend it after just 1 miss though.

Too me it is just realizing every kicker will miss at one point. I knew coming into the season he would have misses even if he had an excellent season. Those people were just waiting for him to miss to complain.

vCash
    20 straight makes is enough to not call for his head after one miss... Especially when he had already made 10 in a row this season. You can't deny it was a complete overreaction.

I would at least understand if he had a horrible game missing like 3 in a row. I can't comprehend it after just 1 miss though.

Too me it is just realizing every kicker will miss at one point. I knew coming into the season he would have misses even if he had an excellent season. Those people were just waiting for him to miss to complain.
    It was a complete overreaction no doubt about that. People are always going to get upset when their kicker misses a FG though. GB fans are just going to get on Crosby a little harder considering how last year went.

But like i said i am glad he is doing great this year. He is playing like a top 5 kicker and i am very hopeful he will continue to play like this for the rest of the year.

vCash
    It was a complete overreaction no doubt about that. People are always going to get upset when their kicker misses a FG though. GB fans are just going to get on Crosby a little harder considering how last year went.

But like i said i am glad he is doing great this year. He is playing like a top 5 kicker and i am very hopeful he will continue to play like this for the rest of the year.
    Yeah, I was pretty disappointed last year but never to the point where I was screaming for his head(I was close). It's not normal for a kicker to struggle that bad but we all knew it was mental. Physically he is one of the better kickers in the NFL. One thing that was overlooked is how many times MM sent him out there for 50+ yard FG's when some kickers rarely if ever attempt them. I'm sure missing those kicks really killed what little confidence he had left. MM kind of laid off towards the end of the year but probably should of started earlier.

FG kicking is kind of like Golfing I guess. Once you mentally lose your confidence your technique goes right out the window. It was just a downward spiral from there.

Slocum deserves some credit too for the improvement Crosby has made this year. I have to imagine him and Crosby put in a lot of overtime over the offseason. It obviously worked too.

It was cool Crosby took the paycut with the ability to earn it back. He is well on his way to making that money anyway.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 11-01-2013 at 08:46 PM.

vCash
    Yeah, I was pretty disappointed last year but never to the point where I was screaming for his head(I was close). It's not normal for a kicker to struggle that bad but we all knew it was mental. Physically he is one of the better kickers in the NFL. One thing that was overlooked is how many times MM sent him out there for 50+ yard FG's when some kickers rarely if ever attempt them. I'm sure missing those kicks really killed what little confidence he had left. MM kind of laid off towards the end of the year but probably should of started earlier.

FG kicking is kind of like Golfing I guess. Once you mentally lose your confidence your technique goes right out the window. It was just a downward spiral from there.

Slocum deserves some credit too for the improvement Crosby has made this year. I have to imagine him and Crosby put in a lot of overtime over the offseason. It obviously worked too.

It was cool Crosby took the paycut with the ability to earn it back. He is well on his way to making that money anyway.
    The only thing left to see from Crosby this year is a game winning FG. Game winning FG's have to put the most stress on a kicker and i want to see how he handles it mentally and see if he can come through. There might come a time, especially in the playoffs, when we will need him to make that game winning kick.

vCash
    The only thing left to see from Crosby this year is a game winning FG. Game winning FG's have to put the most stress on a kicker and i want to see how he handles it mentally and see if he can come through. There might come a time, especially in the playoffs, when we will need him to make that game winning kick.
    I'll be nervous when that time comes but I'd be nervous no matter who GB has at kicker. I've got faith.

To me he has done enough to earn back my trust. I probably won't log onto PSD for a month if Crosby misses a game winning FG. I have to imagine there will be a couple of suicide's that day.

vCash
    I'll be nervous when that time comes but I'd be nervous no matter who GB has at kicker. I've got faith.

To me he has done enough to earn back my trust. I probably won't log onto PSD for a month if Crosby misses a game winning FG. I have to imagine there will be a couple of suicide's that day.
    He hasn't fully gained my trust but he is getting there for sure. It depends on the distance of the kick. If he misses a 50+ yarder i will be pissed but i wouldn't want to crucify him. But if he misses a 40 yarder i will be pissed. Kickers are paid to make kicks so he needs to get the job done. MM would say the same and he has said that in the beginning of the year.

vCash
    He hasn't fully gained my trust but he is getting there for sure. It depends on the distance of the kick. If he misses a 50+ yarder i will be pissed but i wouldn't want to crucify him. But if he misses a 40 yarder i will be pissed. Kickers are paid to make kicks so he needs to get the job done. MM would say the same and he has said that in the beginning of the year.
    Yeah, No kicker is perfect though. Going into a season you have to expect a couple misses from 40+ yards. Less than 40 there is no excuse. It all just depends on the weather/stadium etc. I have to imagine kicking in GB is harder than a lot of places in the NFL.

vCash
    I have never liked Crosby and i feel like we should have brought in a new kicker a couple of years ago.

With that said, he has shut me up so far this season and hopefully he continues to do so.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast